What do you think of 'That's How People Grow Up'

What do you think of the brand new Morrissey single, 'That's How People Grow Up'?

• Total voters
Re: That's How People Grow Up sounded like poop

UPDATE: I posted this last night right after seeing Morrissey on Carson Daly. Some asswipe of a moderator apparently believes he/she had to move my post into the thread of some old poll/thread from 3-4 weeks ago. If I had wanted it there I would've put it there myself, jerk-off.

Hmm. I've been paying attention to music other than Morrissey for most of the past year or so. But I loved "All You Need Is Me" when I caught it on a Carson Daly rerun a few weeks back, and that has me excited about his new stuff.

But tonight I saw "That's How People Grow Up" on the same Carson Daly program and I have to say I thought the performance was a piece of shit. Maybe this song will be okay on the CD or whatever. I dunno. I didn't pay much attention to the lyrics as I've never heard the song before and they were hard to make out the first time. I was just mortified at how lame the band sounded. Outside of the keyboardist trying to give the song some sort of catchiness, it just sounded like one big generic mess of "rock music" slop.

Morrissey himself wore simply a polo shirt, was looking old, and nothing about his singing would've drawn me in had I not been a longtime follower of his music (as a longtime follower, obviously if he stood on stage and picked his nose it would have some amount of interst to me).

Honestly, I think if I'd never heard Morrissey before, this performance would not have made me even slightly interested in buying one of his CDs, mostly because of the lame backing music. What has happened to this band? Please tell me this song is better than this Carson Daly performance, because if this song is considered good enough to be a SINGLE I'm sincerely worried for the man. This is a guy and a band that used to put out singles as strong as "The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get" on a regular basis. Is he losing it? Does he think he can coast on sub-par material? Well, I did love "All You Need Is Me," so 1 for 2 on the upcoming songs is not so awful I guess. I just found it an astonishingly poor performance on Carson Daly, that's all.

Back
Top Bottom