Should 'That's How People Grow Up' be included on Years of Refusal?

Do you think 'That's How People Grow Up' should be included on 'Years of Refusal'?

• Total voters
I can't imagine how Irish Blood, English Heart was not a number one single. It's as good as he ever gets musically and lyrically and a great performance. Morrissey really messed up though when he failed to have Pet Shop Boys remix Life is a Pigsty. That should have been a dance single with like 7 3-11 minute versions on a cd remix single. He should have got Thom Yorke and Johnny Greenwood in on that one.

About the subject of the thread, No, I don't think it should be included, unless it is part of the album as a whole concept. You wouldn't want Pink Floyd to leave "Another Brick in the Wall" off of The Wall. Why Morrissey hasn't made a record with Bob Ezrin yet, I don't know. They both love the sound effects and the kiddie choirs.

A possibility-

When I heard the title I though it sounded like after years of refusal.

Morrissey's writing has been more direct, straightforward recently.
So perhaps the theme of the album is, after years of evasions, telling his story without the usual denials and "storytelling" devices.

SISMS, MLSOTRB, AYNIM, THPGU.....they do fit a theme...as ALIAB ended the last album, perhaps this carries on. If so then it has to be on the album, unless there is a stronger song available that will tell the same tale.

For the same reason, MDL is not going to fit.

Back
Top Bottom