Should 'That's How People Grow Up' be included on Years of Refusal?

Do you think 'That's How People Grow Up' should be included on 'Years of Refusal'?

• Total voters
In tradition My Dearest Love is likely a bonus track of Japanese release.

But Morrissey doesn't seem to do much of that with his Japanese releases, does he? The Smiths had the free TCM single, and Viva Hate had hairdresser, but were there any others? Maladjusted (with "Sorrow") doesn't really count, because everybody but the UK got the bonus song.

I'm always peeved when the Japanese releases have bonus tracks, because they're damn expensive to import, and if you miss them, they're hard to find on eBay. :mad:

Yeah, but remixed a la R Kelly.

:p

Nah, it really shouldn't. Wouldn't make sense.

Yeah, I agree on both counts. I was quite optimistic about the new album but if THPGU is typical of its quality, it's probably gonna be one of his worst two or three albums.

Had it been a brilliant single, loved by the fans and the critics, and a huge airplay hit, the policy would at least be understandable.
But it was simply one of his worst ever singles scarcely any better than Dagenham or Roy...

You sir do not know what you are talking about!
Great song, good air play and a top 20 hit single.
you are all so bloody pessimistic :tears:

You sir do not know what you are talking about!
Great song, good air play and a top 20 hit single.
you are all so bloody pessimistic :tears:

Wrong, wrong and right!
A relatively crap song according to the biggest ever poll of Moz fans (results below), picked up a lot of Radio 2 airplay (but still failed to make the top 20 airplay chart), and, yes, made the top 20 singles chart but a rubbish position compared to Morrissey's two previous 'brand-new' singles (i.e. not available on albums at time of release) which both hit number 3 (Irish Blood and You Have Killed Me).

Morrissey solo, fans poll. The solo singles;
1) Everyday Is Like Sunday 9,57
2) Suedehead 9,55
3) Now My Heart Is Full (US Only) 9,55
4) The Last Of The Famous International Playboys 9,46
5) November Spawned A Monster 9,08
6) The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get 8,99
7) Irish Blood, English Heart 8,97
8) First Of The Gang To Die 8,96
9) Tomorrow (US only) 8,87
10) Piccadilly Palare 8,83
11) Let Me Kiss You 8,54
12) I Have Forgiven Jesus 8,47
13) Hold On To Your Friends 8,42
14) Sunny 8,41
15) My Love Life 8,39
16) Interesting Drug 8,34
17) We Hate It When Our Friends Become Succesful 8,22
18) Boxers 8,20
19) You Have Killed Me 8,14
20) Sing Your Life 8,01
21) The Boy Racer 7,97
22) Alma Matters 7,95
23) Satan Rejected My Soul 7,86
24) Certain People I Know 7,85
25) Ouija Board, Ouija Board 7,75
26) Our Frank 7,74
27) In The Future When All’s Well 7,66
28) You’re The One For Me Fatty 7,38
29) That’s How People Grow Up 7,37
30) Pregnant For The Last Time 7,35
31) The Youngest Was The Most Loved 7,30
32) Interlude 7,26
33) I Just Want To See The Boy Happy 7,17
34) Redondo Beach 6,93
35) Roy’s Keen 6,85
36) Dagenham Dave 6,81

I also dont want to see: Suedehead/EDILS/HDOF/ID/LOTFIPB/ or any other song that was put onto a past disc, I'm quite sure we have enough copies of those I've mentioned? How about :all new music?.

I love the man, granted, and always will. But, enough with those songs I've mentioned.

Why should this song appear on the new album? it was one of 2 Bonustracks from the Greatest Hits Album and it also was a single.

We all know which song should appear on YOR:
My Dearest Love

I'll be one to play devil's advocate: I voted that it should, merely because I like the song a lot and think it would fit on an album other than a compilation. To each his own...
However, I would like to point out that when THPGU was being released as a single and being featured on Greta's Tits, a number of fans were complaining that a random new song that Mozza was starting to feature in his live set was being put out alongside classics like FOTGTD and LOTFIP. Now that THPGU will be considered a hit from a studio album, there is still hissing and groaning...Though I'm sure I'll receive recoil from this statement, I support the move.

Yes, I am blind. :D

I had to vote no. It's just that I've heard it many, many times live, I have several good bootlegs of it, I have the single, it's already on the GH. The only reason I believe it should be on the new album is if it fits with a theme that he's got planned or something. But I'd rather have a completely new song in its place.

Release date for YoR is now shown as 12 Jan 09 on hmv.com.

Hope that's an error.

Perhaps this poll has prompted a rethink of the tracklisting...

Is it true???

Release date for YoR is now shown as 12 Jan 09 on hmv.com.

Hope that's an error.

Perhaps this poll has prompted a rethink of the tracklisting...

:eek:

If the release date has been changed, something to do with production rather than track listings.

Back
Top Bottom