gigsandtours IG: Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham Cancelled (July 9, 2023)

1279FB9B-8556-4F9F-978C-34F0BC75D955.png

gigsandtours-09072023-0001~2.jpg

UPDATE 7:01 AM PT:

Posted by javert:

Suggests they are fully going for the rescheduled message:

Hi there,

Tonight's event has been rescheduled...

The event organisers have been in touch to let us know that tonight's show has been rescheduled and will no longer be taking place.

The event organisers are working hard to arrange a new date and as soon as we get any update on this, we'll be in touch to let you know. Your tickets will be valid for this new date.

Please understand that given the extraordinary circumstances, our Fan Support teams are incredibly busy at the moment, so we encourage you not to contact us. Instead, you can find lots of information and answers to your questions in our information portal.

If you sold your tickets on our Ticket Exchange and haven’t received payment, you will now be paid 10-12 working days after the new date - which is yet to be announced.

If you have any questions for us, there's lots of information in our FAQs.

We're sorry for any disappointment caused.

Ticketmaster Customer Service

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
There were multiple hecklers at different points of the show. Though the vast majority of the crowd were appreciative I can understand it affecting Morrissey enough not to feel up to doing the show today. Lots of speculation regarding physical health, but no one considers mental health as being just as important.

This to me makes the most sense. As soon as I read there was heckling, I thought he would cancel a show or two. He just can't tolerate any dissension, not in his band, his personal life or his audience. I think it's a trigger for him.

Is Notre Dame a prudent pick for a live setting?

Every audience will be put in a tricky spot as to how to react to a song like this. Heckling is one thing, but muted applause has its own disproving quality.

Better to keep this one for the album than bait the audience with the most controversial track he has ever done.

For the record, I think Morrissey was in good form last night, and so were the band. I’d hate for Notre Dame to become a wedge between Morrissey, the band, the audience and, most fundamentally, the truth.
Notre Dame is ‘controversial’ but at least it sounds good. Personally I think the one he should leave out of the set is ‘the night that pop dropped’. It always seems to fall flat and the energy in the crowd drops. He’s got much better new ones like ‘I am Veronica’ and ‘Rebels without applause’

Clash of egos I'm guessing.

It always makes me laugh on The Importance of Being Morrissey when he criticises Bowie for being up his own arse.

Zero self awareness.
I love Mozzy but Bowie won that feud, hands down. It’s not even close how much higher the quality control is with Bowie compared to Mozzy. The main reason is though Bowie seemed to beat his demons our Mozzy seems to be drowning in his . I think Mozzy is a better singer though

Then why did you attend the show? You're a complete embarrassment and should have been physically thrown out. Please stay home next time.
Hey Seymour

I bought tickets this time for the same reasons as the dozens of times I have done before. Because I like the music of Johnnie Marr and Alain Whyte, and enjoy Morrissey's live performances. It was only a week ago he introduced Notre Dame to the set list.

You mention embarrassment. Apart from me, how many other people do think have directly spoken to Morrissey and the band about the song? It's just possible that they and others are now reflecting on things.

The other site's information asserts 325.
After discussion, I can say that the figures here represent just concert cancellations (their site includes no-shows for TV shows and partial gigs et al as cancellations).
That makes the actual figure ~287.
Regards,
FWD.
Those ass-holes who heckled must have gone with the intention to heckle. I just derive pleasure from the fact that they made their contribution to Moz's pension fund at the same time...last laugh & all that.
Yeah, imagine paying £70 to shout a few things and think you’d “won”, or even made a point. I blame social media. People are too online, they’ve lost context.

I don't condone heckling. I think people who heckle are morons and are completely disrespectful to other people who are there to hear the artist sing.

However, Morrissey has been in this game a long time and knows that hecklers are part of the package.

Why should people who paid for a Nottingham ticket be punished because of some idiot in the crowd in Portsmouth?

It's nonsensical.
What about people who generalise? Have you got an opinion about them too?

Is Notre Dame a prudent pick for a live setting?

Every audience will be put in a tricky spot as to how to react to a song like this. Heckling is one thing, but muted applause has its own disproving quality.

Better to keep this one for the album than bait the audience with the most controversial track he has ever done.

For the record, I think Morrissey was in good form last night, and so were the band. I’d hate for Notre Dame to become a wedge between Morrissey, the band, the audience and, most fundamentally, the truth.
The actual venue and Nottingham may not want him to be tainted by him.
Barred.

Yeah, imagine paying £70 to shout a few things and think you’d “won”, or even made a point. I blame social media. People are too online, they’ve lost context.
Venue, promoters, observed Portsmouth show and pulled the plug immediately. End of.

Someone i know said she went to see his 'Quarry' tours in brighton 2004 - when he stripped to the waist and started rolling on the floor the crowd staring roaring, she said she covered her head in her hands. What other artist is expected to perform like that? Hes probally burnt out. It can't be because he was feeling cold, because its summertime. 'Looking odd' is different to feeling odd, not the type of feeling that makes you want to get up on a stage in front of hundreds of people. Plus Jonny Marrs name being yelled at him is just a kick in the teeth. At least he refunds tickets..
he used to always lay on the ground during concerts,did it on the ringleader tour as well.dont know why your pal had her head in her hands.

Is Notre Dame that controversial?

He’s just asking questions. Jim Jim is far edgier IMO.
i dont get the outrage either,news channels on the day of the fire were reporting that they couldnt rule out terrorism.

i dont get the outrage either,news channels on the day of the fire were reporting that they couldnt rule out terrorism.
The only trouble is Morrissey hasn't released this song on the day of the fire (when such confusion would be understandable), but 4 years later, when investigations by the authorities have established it was an accidental fire and had nothing to do with terrorism. As such, it's not just understandable speculation in the midst of an incident, but a flat out conspiracy theory up there with Kubrick faking the moon landing and Sandy Hook victims being crisis actors. A song taking such a stance was always going to prove controversial.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/04/16/tech/conspiracy-theories-notre-dame-cathedral-fire/index.html

If you had said to me in the early nineties that Morrissey would become such a deranged lunatic in thirty years I wouldn’t have believed you.

Yet here we are.

I was in Paris the same day for work (15/4/19 around 7ish) and the first thought that came into my head was terrorism and given what’s going on, it still seems the most obvious answer. If that makes me a bad man then so be it.

First thought is fine. But do you still believe it’s terrorism today?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom