gigsandtours IG: Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham Cancelled (July 9, 2023)

1279FB9B-8556-4F9F-978C-34F0BC75D955.png

gigsandtours-09072023-0001~2.jpg

UPDATE 7:01 AM PT:

Posted by javert:

Suggests they are fully going for the rescheduled message:

Hi there,

Tonight's event has been rescheduled...

The event organisers have been in touch to let us know that tonight's show has been rescheduled and will no longer be taking place.

The event organisers are working hard to arrange a new date and as soon as we get any update on this, we'll be in touch to let you know. Your tickets will be valid for this new date.

Please understand that given the extraordinary circumstances, our Fan Support teams are incredibly busy at the moment, so we encourage you not to contact us. Instead, you can find lots of information and answers to your questions in our information portal.

If you sold your tickets on our Ticket Exchange and haven’t received payment, you will now be paid 10-12 working days after the new date - which is yet to be announced.

If you have any questions for us, there's lots of information in our FAQs.

We're sorry for any disappointment caused.

Ticketmaster Customer Service

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
blur,noel gallagher,madonna, taylor swift have all cancelled in the last few weeks,you would think he was the only one.

I don't think they've cancelled anywhere near 325 though (some were due to Covid) Don't know who owns this site but it's kept up to date.

I don't think they've cancelled anywhere near 325 though (some were due to Covid) Don't know who owns this site but it's kept up to date.

And only 15 of those were due to COVID.

I feel sorry for the poor band. They don’t get paid is he cancels
I wouldn’t pay them full stop after that last performance.
They were shit.
Probs best if Quilloughby cancels the whole tour and start again from scratch.

Benny 🇬🇧 :knife:

Actually, what I said was

To Morrissey, 'That song's Bullsh1t'
To Carmen, 'You should be ashamed of yourself'
To Juan, 'And you should be ashamed of yourself'.

Given that 99% of us on here probably agree that Notre-Dame almost certainly wasn't caused by a Muslim terrorist attack, it's perhaps not surprising that one of us thought to mention it given the opportunity.

Do the guys in the band really want to be involved in stirring up racial tension? It would be a bit odd.
You did a good job Bob :clap::clap::clap:
I am so proud of you, keep it up.

Benny 🇬🇧:knife::

I was there last night. I don’t think Morrissey made any mention of feeling ill. He seemed on top form. He did comment at one point that he thought he ‘looked odd’.
As well as the heckler above, there was a guy who when Moz introduced and thanked the the band started screaming out ‘Johnny Marr’ repeatedly which I guess was supposed to be funny but just seemed rude to me.
Seems unlikely Moz would cancel a gig in response to a small number of hecklers in an otherwise hugely appreciative crowd?
I think the ‘Moz has a hangover’ theory is most likely at this point.
Someone i know said she went to see his 'Quarry' tours in brighton 2004 - when he stripped to the waist and started rolling on the floor the crowd staring roaring, she said she covered her head in her hands. What other artist is expected to perform like that? Hes probally burnt out. It can't be because he was feeling cold, because its summertime. 'Looking odd' is different to feeling odd, not the type of feeling that makes you want to get up on a stage in front of hundreds of people. Plus Jonny Marrs name being yelled at him is just a kick in the teeth. At least he refunds tickets..

Is Notre Dame a prudent pick for a live setting?

Every audience will be put in a tricky spot as to how to react to a song like this. Heckling is one thing, but muted applause has its own disproving quality.

Better to keep this one for the album than bait the audience with the most controversial track he has ever done.

For the record, I think Morrissey was in good form last night, and so were the band. I’d hate for Notre Dame to become a wedge between Morrissey, the band, the audience and, most fundamentally, the truth.

Considering the amount of gigs Moz does consistently it can be no surprise some get postponed/ cancelled occasionally. Add in the intimacy of venues and what must be overwhelming expectation on each date then there's little doubt that at times it would and will continue to become more yhan his body can take.
There's any number of reasons a gig can be called off and although it's crap when it happens, let's be grateful the guy is still here stirring us all up!

People are so mean, can’t we just wish Mozzy well
He is 64 and has had health issues . So cut the guy sone slack
People are so quick to be horrible about about him
If he’s sick and cancels, he gets called names. If he does a gig when sick he gets called names . He can’t win
Even Rick Ashtrays Glastonbury Smiths gig has been used to attack Mozzy
Some saying Rick Ashtray handed Mozzy his arse. Making out Rick has The Smiths spirit more than Mozzy. What is wrong with people ? I don’t think Rick keyed into The Smiths spirit at all. It was just a good tribute band effort. I’m starting to think people have forgotten what the band were about or they are just hell bent on having a pop at Mozzy cat

Considering the amount of gigs Moz does consistently it can be no surprise some get postponed/ cancelled occasionally. Add in the intimacy of venues and what must be overwhelming expectation on each date then there's little doubt that at times it would and will continue to become more yhan his body can take.
There's any number of reasons a gig can be called off and although it's crap when it happens, let's be grateful the guy is still here stirring us all up!
Is anyone disputing his health or schedule etc?
Would be nice for fans to be told the reason for cancellation when it's pulled 9 hrs before the start.

Is Notre Dame a prudent pick for a live setting?

Every audience will be put in a tricky spot as to how to react to a song like this. Heckling is one thing, but muted applause has its own disproving quality.

Better to keep this one for the album than bait the audience with the most controversial track he has ever done.

For the record, I think Morrissey was in good form last night, and so were the band. I’d hate for Notre Dame to become a wedge between Morrissey, the band, the audience and, most fundamentally, the truth.
It's an idiotic song to write, and even more so to play live. You can see the difference between "N-D" and "BoT" which was, despite its controversy, well received when he performed it last year.

If he keeps performing "N-D", things will only get worse...

Some? He's cancelled 325!!

Gordyboy and Thewlis are incapable of saying anything objective. Same s&it different day with these two.
Morrissey is not always right. And he’s not exempt from any critics 🤖

A colleague of mine is a massive Beatles fan and went to Glasto only to see Macca and was heartbroken when the gig was so monotonous and I remember him telling me “He should’ve pulled a Mozza, at least it would’ve been more appropriate instead of that half arsed performance McCartney did’…..

So sometimes it’s for the best being let down for unforeseen circumstances instead of piss poor performances.

However I do think the ‘indie crowd’ do need to give themselves a good hard look and start appreciating artists because Morrissey fans are atrociously behaved, that goes for Arctic Monkey fans too. No human deserves such abuse.

I was there last night. I don’t think Morrissey made any mention of feeling ill. He seemed on top form. He did comment at one point that he thought he ‘looked odd’.
As well as the heckler above, there was a guy who when Moz introduced and thanked the the band started screaming out ‘Johnny Marr’ repeatedly which I guess was supposed to be funny but just seemed rude to me.
Seems unlikely Moz would cancel a gig in response to a small number of hecklers in an otherwise hugely appreciative crowd?
I think the ‘Moz has a hangover’ theory is most likely at this point.

Most likely?

You mean a total guess

A colleague of mine is a massive Beatles fan and went to Glasto only to see Macca and was heartbroken when the gig was so monotonous and I remember him telling me “He should’ve pulled a Mozza, at least it would’ve been more appropriate instead of that half arsed performance McCartney did’…..

So sometimes it’s for the best being let down for unforeseen circumstances instead of piss poor performances.

However I do think the ‘indie crowd’ do need to give themselves a good hard look and start appreciating artists because Morrissey fans are atrociously behaved, that goes for Arctic Monkey fans too. No human deserves such abuse.

If he's cancelled 325 shows (15 were covid related) so let's say 310 and the average attendance is 2000, that's 630,000 people who have been let down over the years. I think he's been scheduled to do around 1200 gigs (FWD may have the accurate number) that means he has cancelled in the region of 26% of his shows., that's a staggering amount of cancellations.

Just looking at some data, Taylor Swift has played 452 gigs and they are generally over 3 hours long - she has cancelled 1.

I'm pretty f***ed off with him today as Nottingham was the only one I could fit in due to being on holiday from Wednesday.

People are so mean, can’t we just wish Mozzy well
He is 64 and has had health issues . So cut the guy sone slack
People are so quick to be horrible about about him
If he’s sick and cancels, he gets called names. If he does a gig when sick he gets called names . He can’t win
Even Rick Ashtrays Glastonbury Smiths gig has been used to attack Mozzy
Some saying Rick Ashtray handed Mozzy his arse. Making out Rick has The Smiths spirit more than Mozzy. What is wrong with people ? I don’t think Rick keyed into The Smiths spirit at all. It was just a good tribute band effort. I’m starting to think people have forgotten what the band were about or they are just hell bent on having a pop at Mozzy cat
A cancelation is never welcomed but I think it's how he does it that upsets fans. He gives little to no reason ("unforeseen circumstances"... as in what?), offers no apology, etc. Then of course there's the frequency of cancelations.

Also, why "wish Mozzy well"... did he say he's sick? Which is my point... if he actually gave meaningful explanations he might get more sympathy.

Last edited:
A cancelation is never welcomed but I think it's how he does it that upsets fans. He gives little to no reason ("unforeseen circumstances"... as in what?), offers no apology to the fans, etc. Then of course there's the frequency of cancelations.

Also, why "wish Mozzy well"... did he say he's sick? Which is my point... if he actually gave meaningful explanations he might get more sympathy.
Well summed up.
An explanation would go a long way.
Not just sorry but btw the next date in unaffected.

If he's cancelled 325 shows (15 were covid related) so let's say 310 and the average attendance is 2000, that's 630,000 people who have been let down over the years. I think he's been scheduled to do around 1200 gigs (FWD may have the accurate number) that means he has cancelled in the region of 26% of his shows., that's a staggering amount of cancellations.

Just looking at some data, Taylor Swift has played 452 gigs and they are generally over 3 hours long - she has cancelled 1.

I'm pretty f***ed off with him today as Nottingham was the only one I could fit in due to being on holiday from Wednesday.
But then there is a certain person who continues to tell us, at every opportunity, that "it's all about the money, & always has been"...As ever, that just makes no sense to me.

Then do some maths, using your figures: 310 (shows cancelled) [or even the 287 figure] x 2000 (average attendance) x £70 (average ticket cost).

How much do you calculate that financial 'loss' (to Morrissey) to be?

Clue: It's a big number, whichever figure you select.

Yeah, it's all about the money...:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom