Morrissey Central "FRIDAY 26 JULY" (April 13, 2024)

full

On Friday 26 July, Warner Records will re-issue Morrissey's 1993 live in Paris album, Beethoven Was Deaf. The release is global, and the album will be available on CD, black vinyl, and orange vinyl.
The album originally reached #13 in England, but was not released in the U.S. The venue is the Zenith in Paris.

Two special event concerts are planned to launch the July release. Please watch this site for details. New sleeve above.

Beethoven Was Deaf to be reissued: https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/friday-26-july

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Two special concerts? Hmm. You simply can’t trust him to actually turn up these days.
But if they’re in commuting distance, I might take a chance on him.

Is that picture from the Ringleader tour? Odd. As for the special event concerts… good luck. We all know what happened the last time a “special event” concert was announced.

Wonder if it will be playing the album in full with the original musicians, or another 40 years of Morrissey set. The first option I would definitely go to if logistics allowed for it.

Two special concerts? Hmm. You simply can’t trust him to actually turn up these days.
But if they’re in commuting distance, I might take a chance on him.

‘Two special event cancellations are planned to launch the July release. Please watch this site for details.’

;)

It’s kind of like when you take a screen-shot on an iPhone and accidentally press the marker option and draw on it. Maybe moz posted this from the toilet on his phone

What is going on in his head? It's a sacrilege, to cheaply and historically wrong alienate the original cover motif. Hopefully, he'll also changes the tracklist and include new songs from live concerts in 2023 or (Haha) from 2006.

What is going on in his head? It's a sacrilege, to cheaply and historically wrong alienate the original cover motif. Hopefully, he'll also changes the tracklist and include new songs from live concerts in 2023.
This is why Moz played “You’re the one for me fatty” in Australia last year. The entire track list has been re-recorded by his new band. Sorry!

Parlophone (AKA Warners) have been used to release bits prior.
I saw a comment elsewhere regarding mending any relationship with Warners - not convinced myself. They've had the ability to release things (and have), plus sometimes these messages look like Central getting in first. They'll be happy if it 'charts', but as per previous times, won't give clear information and may not even be involved at all (just not going as far as to say 'don't buy' as with other releases).
Just a hunch.
FWD.

More orange vinyl. Is it the cheapest colour to produce? Old Granny Gillespie is releasing her STDIB single on orange vinyl, too. WPINOYB was also released on orange vinyl (except mine looks pink… oooooooh).

Back
Top Bottom