Morrissey Central "Beethoven U.S.A." (April 25, 2024)

BEETHOVEN U.S.A.

April 25, 2024

1000019151.jpg

Morrissey's 'Beethoven Was Deaf' live recording in Paris 1992 will have its first U.S. release on Friday 26 July on both CD and vinyl. The gatefold LP will be available on black vinyl and also on orange vinyl.
The artwork is new, and the album is pressed on the Sire label. 'Beethoven Was Deaf' was originally released worldwide excluding the U.S.A on 10 May 1993.

Related link:

Last edited by a moderator:
Simply swapping out the original great sleeve is inexplicable, to change it for that is borderline criminal.
Strange that Moz would agree to remove a photo taken by Linder, and replace it with this. First rule of changing something - only change it if the change is an improvement on what was there before. This isn't.

I like the album, it’s a good reminder of a great time for Morrissey.

The new sleeve is poor.
The photo , the layout, font.

A photo from the era the album was recorded would surely be better.

I can’t see him playing these gigs
But I hope he does

Wondering if this sells well, will Sire pick him up?
Sire is a US arm of Warners used for distribution. The majority of The Smiths and solo stuff was shared Stateside by them.
Unfortunately, Warners doing this doesn't relate to a new record deal at all.
Regards,
FWD.

I would almost pay money for an honest explanation as to why they chose a picture from 2006. It’s so weird. So dumb.

So all of the albums get a picture from 2006? Whether it's a new release or a vintage re-release, it's all 2006.

I guess I agree that he looked his best in that era, very distinguished. It just makes no sense to do with an album from the early-90s. The world of Morrissey is a strange place.

I got he CD around 1994. Guess it was an import; never knew it wasn't officially released in USA.
Great album. Best version of Jack the Ripper.

Odd, though, to change cover pic to one not from the actual Paris gig (or at least contemporaneous with it).

Back
Top Bottom