Folkestone - Leas Cliff Hall (July 25, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Alma Matters / How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Our Frank / Irish Blood, English Heart / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girlfriend In A Coma / Jim Jim Falls / I Wish You Lonely / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Loop / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Without Music The World Dies / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of @Red_Snow

Last edited:
Good gig - only downside was Jim Jim Falls where someone sounded hugely out of tune, especially for the first half. Not sure if Morrissey came in on the wrong note, or if the new guitarist was out of tune, but it sounded godawful, which is a shame, as it's a great song.

I've seen Morrissey plenty of times but I haven't seen him play for quite a while now, for a number of reasons. But I've always bought his albums and enjoyed them.
Tonight's gig was fantastic. He and the band sounded great. The set list was what I'd guess one would expect of an artist of his career length - plenty of hits (even from his old band) as well as new tracks and, what the young people call, deep cuts from his extensive back catalogue.
To my ears, all the new songs were very good and I'd love to get my hands on both unreleased albums, and soon.
I'm so pleased I went. I was in tears for most of it cos I'm such a soppy git these days. But it was so amazing to have him play in my new hometown, the venue where I met my wife, the venue where my kids do their dance school's end of year shows. Amazing.

Now my heart is full.
Best post of the year is here^^^

Good gig - only downside was Jim Jim Falls where someone sounded hugely out of tune, especially for the first half. Not sure if Morrissey came in on the wrong note, or if the new guitarist was out of tune, but it sounded godawful, which is a shame, as it's a great song.
Yes, something awry with the mixing on that one?

IMG_8971.jpeg

I’m wondering to myself how things will map out after the South American tour, if Mozz will at some point ever write and record
With his new group, or will they all have other projects lined up?
Honestly not sure of the point in recording any more new music when you have 2 albums worth stuck in cold storage.

It would be interesting though.

This tour has been the biggest letdown ever. The venues get smaller and smaller.
That's what I've loved about the last couple of UK tours. The decade when he was playing almost exclusively arenas in the UK may have been financially rewarding, but those venues were soulless, artistically moribund tombs. I'm so glad to see him get back to connecting with his UK audience in smaller, vibrant settings - long may it continue!

Honestly not sure of the point in recording any more new music when you have 2 albums worth stuck in cold storage.

It would be interesting though.
Whilst Morrissey is alive, and his voice is still in good shape, he should record as much as humanly possible. He's rich enough to be able to afford the recording costs, and he will be adding to his legacy. It will all come out some day - even if it's only posthumously via Sam.

Far better to have a stack of unreleased albums waiting in the closet to reward us with later, than to spend a couple of decades having a silent stand off with major record labels, only to realise at the end his voice is no longer capable of the greatness it once was, and a whole mass of potential songs were never recorded, and just vanish into the realms of lost opportunities. Capture them now, while you can.

I would have preferred that setlist to the one we got in London.

Wonder what the American/South American fans will get for the 40 years tour. Surely it has to be mixed up a bit.

I wonder too...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom