Morrissey Central "BRITISH UNREMITTING" (July 26, 2023)

Glorious tour concludes

unnamed-2.jpg

Morrissey audience at Leeds

unnamed.jpg

Uncredited first image: theslowreadersclub IG.
Uncredited second image: jacksok7 IG.
FWD.

I know I'm repeating myself over and over again, but this not crediting is truly awful. I mean it's not even a courtesy thing to credit your damn photo sources (or your sources in general) you have to do it. But go on shopping around for good photos surely no one of your own team can provide and stick them to your little blog with the outrageous "copyright SER" tag. How unprofessional but keep whining about being discredited yourself. There were some really awesome photos (the one from @conkan and the Hammersmith one earlier this year for example) and they never get the credit they're entitled to. If you're in doubt where your sources are from, you can always visit morrissey-solo.com
RANT OVER

Last edited:
Looks like it was great for everyone who managed to get to one of the gigs, unfortunately the one I was due to attend was cancelled with no explanation or any message from Morrissey. Also disappointed that he didn’t make any reference to Andy Rourke during the tour.

Did Johnny Marr make any reference to Andy on his tour? I think Morrissey’s statement after Andy died was heartfelt and very strong. To honour him in concert would be a little too much I think, considering they weren’t on the best of terms in the past 25-30 odd years.

Did Johnny Marr make any reference to Andy on his tour? I think Morrissey’s statement after Andy died was heartfelt and very strong. To honour him in concert would be a little too much I think, considering they weren’t on the best of terms in the past 25-30 odd years.

Johnny’s only 4 gigs into the 19 he’s doing, so knows at this point.

Edit, yes he dedicated There is a light to Andy on the first night of his tour.

Last edited:
Looks like it was great for everyone who managed to get to one of the gigs, unfortunately the one I was due to attend was cancelled with no explanation or any message from Morrissey. Also disappointed that he didn’t make any reference to Andy Rourke during the tour.
The simple answer is that he's neither nice nor considerate of others, unfortunately. The Andy Rourke thing really illustrates what a small person he is.

That 2nd (silhouetted - via jacksok7 IG) picture is yet another tremendous shot!

Edit, yes he dedicated There is a light to Andy on the first night of his tour.
He did at the show I attended too. “I dedicate this one to all of you and my mate Andy.”

I get you. It's hard to know what to do. If Moz referred to Andy and then played a Smiths song (e.g. Barbarism which is possibly Andy's finest moment) people might object because it's different musicians playing it. And yet.... Moz could have said something. But he is very private and probably prefers to pay his respects off stage.
Edit: seems like Moz did mention Andy at some concerts. If he did at the concert I attended I missed it but I don't think he did.

I can't get over people making excuses for Morrissey. You think it would be "too much" to honor Andy in a concert where Morrissey plays 4 - 5 songs from the Smiths. Unbelievable.

Min 1:00, this is how you do it without being too much, simple as that. :hearteyes: clearly off topic though.

Brilliant point. We can call anything off topic if it doesn't directly relate to Moz but I suspect a good amount of Moz fans like Hooky and appreciate the point you made.

Last night I dreamt that I was at a Moz outdoor concert and only 3 or 4 people were attending. Anyways Moz calls me over and tells me he just signed a great record deal and that it was ok for me to tell everyone on Moz Solo. He was hugging me and said he was so happy and appreciated the fans on Moz Solo.

Then I woke up.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom