gigsandtours IG: Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham Cancelled (July 9, 2023)

1279FB9B-8556-4F9F-978C-34F0BC75D955.png

gigsandtours-09072023-0001~2.jpg

UPDATE 7:01 AM PT:

Posted by javert:

Suggests they are fully going for the rescheduled message:

Hi there,

Tonight's event has been rescheduled...

The event organisers have been in touch to let us know that tonight's show has been rescheduled and will no longer be taking place.

The event organisers are working hard to arrange a new date and as soon as we get any update on this, we'll be in touch to let you know. Your tickets will be valid for this new date.

Please understand that given the extraordinary circumstances, our Fan Support teams are incredibly busy at the moment, so we encourage you not to contact us. Instead, you can find lots of information and answers to your questions in our information portal.

If you sold your tickets on our Ticket Exchange and haven’t received payment, you will now be paid 10-12 working days after the new date - which is yet to be announced.

If you have any questions for us, there's lots of information in our FAQs.

We're sorry for any disappointment caused.

Ticketmaster Customer Service

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, what I said was

To Morrissey, 'That song's Bullsh1t'
To Carmen, 'You should be ashamed of yourself'
To Juan, 'And you should be ashamed of yourself'.

Given that 99% of us on here probably agree that Notre-Dame almost certainly wasn't caused by a Muslim terrorist attack, it's perhaps not surprising that one of us thought to mention it given the opportunity.

Do the guys in the band really want to be involved in stirring up racial tension? It would be a bit odd.
Then why did you attend the show? You're a complete embarrassment and should have been physically thrown out. Please stay home next time.

If one of Morrissey's band members pulled out of a gig the day it was meant to take place, and didn't bother to give him any explanation other than "unforeseen circumstances", I wonder how he would react?

Also if it's an illness in the band then how can they be so sure the Leeds gig, just three days away, won't be cancelled as well?

This whole thing stinks.

he has not gotten a cent from me since he cancelled a show in SF around 20 years ago. the weather was perfect

Genuine question: how often have these late in the day cancellations been followed up with a justification of sorts?

The 325 figure includes entire tours being pulled, which is slightly different to “thanks for last night in Portsmouth…. Looking forward to Leeds xoxoxoxo”

View attachment 92826
View attachment 92828

UPDATE 7:01 AM PT:

Posted by javert:

Suggests they are fully going for the rescheduled message:

Hi there,

Tonight's event has been rescheduled...

The event organisers have been in touch to let us know that tonight's show has been rescheduled and will no longer be taking place.

The event organisers are working hard to arrange a new date and as soon as we get any update on this, we'll be in touch to let you know. Your tickets will be valid for this new date.

Please understand that given the extraordinary circumstances, our Fan Support teams are incredibly busy at the moment, so we encourage you not to contact us. Instead, you can find lots of information and answers to your questions in our information portal.

If you sold your tickets on our Ticket Exchange and haven’t received payment, you will now be paid 10-12 working days after the new date - which is yet to be announced.

If you have any questions for us, there's lots of information in our FAQs.

We're sorry for any disappointment caused.

Ticketmaster Customer Service

Just got back from Nottingham, got the text just as we arrived. Disappointed yes. But shit happens.

Well summed up.
An explanation would go a long way.
Not just sorry but btw the next date in unaffected.
Well summed up.
An explanation would go a long way.
Not just sorry but btw the next date in unaffected.

What is he is quite unwell or someone in the band is? There is a bereavement? Who are you to expect an instant announcement. How about wait and see what be says tomorrow

What is he is quite unwell or someone in the band is? There is a bereavement? Who are you to expect an instant announcement. How about wait and see what be says tomorrow
Then why stress that the Leeds gig is unaffected when it is only three days away?

There were multiple hecklers at different points of the show. Though the vast majority of the crowd were appreciative I can understand it affecting Morrissey enough not to feel up to doing the show today. Lots of speculation regarding physical health, but no one considers mental health as being just as important.

If he's cancelled 325 shows (15 were covid related) so let's say 310 and the average attendance is 2000, that's 630,000 people who have been let down over the years. I think he's been scheduled to do around 1200 gigs (FWD may have the accurate number) that means he has cancelled in the region of 26% of his shows., that's a staggering amount of cancellations.

Just looking at some data, Taylor Swift has played 452 gigs and they are generally over 3 hours long - she has cancelled 1.

I'm pretty f***ed off with him today as Nottingham was the only one I could fit in due to being on holiday from Wednesday.
I feel you, I’ve been there 🤝

In the figure (325) are we taking into consideration the great gruesome food posioning and the cancer prevention?

That’s a bit of a misrepresentation. Leeds is on and last night was great xxxxxxxxxx

I feel you, I’ve been there 🤝

In the figure (325) are we taking into consideration the great gruesome food posioning and the cancer prevention?

The other site's information asserts 325.
After discussion, I can say that the figures here represent just concert cancellations (their site includes no-shows for TV shows and partial gigs et al as cancellations).
That makes the actual figure ~287.
Regards,
FWD.

(add: don't know how they count postponed gigs that actually did get a new date).

Who mentioned an instant announcement?
You obviously feel it's fine to confirm the next date is unaffected but don't expect a reason why the previous one was cancelled at short notice.

Most likely?

You mean a total guess
Yes - the most likely total guess 🙂. Much as I love Moz I have to say it seems highly likely he is at fault here because if there was a reasonable excuse why on earth would he not give it?
If he explained why he cancelled the gig at the very last minute we wouldn’t have to guess, would we?!

There were multiple hecklers at different points of the show. Though the vast majority of the crowd were appreciative I can understand it affecting Morrissey enough not to feel up to doing the show today. Lots of speculation regarding physical health, but no one considers mental health as being just as important.
I don't condone heckling. I think people who heckle are morons and are completely disrespectful to other people who are there to hear the artist sing.

However, Morrissey has been in this game a long time and knows that hecklers are part of the package.

Why should people who paid for a Nottingham ticket be punished because of some idiot in the crowd in Portsmouth?

It's nonsensical.

Two and half hour sets as well, and Robert Smith is a month older than Morrissey. "Two days back to back isn't a good idea" lol ok, maybe not for precious Morrissey, but many artists manage it just fine, with much longer sets on much longer tours.
But only 15 minutes of good songs at the end.

Exactly

He has talked about his black cloud for years. Its a disgrace that people are dismissing his mental health. Maybe an explanation isn't top of list list today?

Not to start an off-topic war but I have Foxx's Metamatic album on vinyl and it is as important to me as any Smiths or Moz album.
I wouldn't go that far myself, but it really is a fecking great lp. I'm not sure its fair comparing The Cure or Depeche Mode to M. I used to and I would fecking swear blind M is a better artist and had more depth and all the rest of it . Over the last few years I have had to change my mind. Rob tries to stop his fans getting ripped the feck off and really seems to care .
I do not think M cares nearly as much. In fact often he does stuff that costs his fans way more than it should . From the ticket pricing at M's gigs in LA, to cancellations where fans have paid out for tickets, flights, hotels to LPs that are rushed, with very lazy lyrics . and art work he has farmed out .
The reason I think it's not worth comparing with the likes of The Cure and Depeche Mode, is they are very different artists and they are professionals who invest a lot in stagging ,they really put in the work for the shows and often they do great gigs even when Ill. In comparison M doesn't really put in much effort with gigs these days , he often looks bored (although over the last 12 months he has pulled his finger out) he isn't on stage that long (often at least an hour shorter than The Cure ) and he often cancels. Basically, the fecking likes of The Cure and Depeche Mode are well oiled machines. M isn't, in a way that's why I like him .

I don't condone heckling. I think people who heckle are morons and are completely disrespectful to other people who are there to hear the artist sing.

However, Morrissey has been in this game a long time and knows that hecklers are part of the package.

Why should people who paid for a Nottingham ticket be punished because of some idiot in the crowd in Portsmouth?

It's nonsensical.
Those ass-holes who heckled must have gone with the intention to heckle. I just derive pleasure from the fact that they made their contribution to Moz's pension fund at the same time...last laugh & all that.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom