York - York Barbican (June 25, 2011) post-show

Chloe seems nice and has some talent- thus she will be hated on here
Dick Twitter is a JOKE . he couldn't think or fight his way out of a paper bag..Shed Seven were/Are the most awful band from the 90s- no one with taste likes them (do they?). I hear they are touring again-oh dear.

The gig at York sounded great- I was going to go to that as well.
Nice to hear most of you had fun.
Chloe Sevigny? Wonderfull woman.

Great gig from the almighty bequiffed one..he just gets better.I watched from the balcony and the reluctance of my fellow balconeers to enter into the spirit was truly disappointing,truly,truly,truly..

Unfortunately weekend gigs in Britain seem to be an excuse for all day boozing for some people. I'd hazard a guess that the insitigators of the fight had been drinking before the gig.

Thank you to all who helped me out of the crowd in the centre about 4 people back when I had a bit of a faint during Alma Matters, I never thought the first time I'd passed out at a gig would be aged 22 and at the York Barbican!

It was a wonderful, wonderful night. Moz and the band were happy and playing well, crowd were happy and playing rough, and I was surprised at the venue - it adapted really well to that gig.

Also *name drop* Chloe Sevigny was there, we spoke briefly at the bar, she was struggling to get her friend in on VIP by the looks of her text message that I may or may not have read over her shoulder... ahem.

The Girl In The Blue Top

You were passed out on my chest during Alma Matters! I seem to remember you were bouncing about like a pinball moments before :)

Forget Chloe - Rick Witter from Shed 7 was there!

Top night. I saw Jesse Tobias strolling around outside about an hour before the gig - but didn't pluck up the nerve to say 'hello' or '¡hola!' Good scrum in the middle at the front - sorry for the woman that fainted just behind my left shoulder (hope she is ok). I really like how some of the songs have slowed down - suits his voice these days - he puts new emphasis on some old classics. I Know It's Over was just beautiful. Two of the three new songs were well received - the Kid's a Looker (is that what it is called?) fell flat. He wore two more of the same shirts he wore at Glastonbury - a white one and a pink spotty one.

Good to meet (however briefly) Irregular Regular, BillyBudd and the legend that is JukeBoxJury.

Roll on Bradford and Leeds

Dave

That was a brief meeting still nice to say hello, I had to rush and fined my inebriated son and his 2 pals before any sort of chaos ensued. great night though good setlist see you all at Bradford.

While everyone is doing name dropping, Damien Hurst was there too!

As was the Grand Old Duke of York. Without his ten thousand me though. Moz hasn't been able to attract 10,000 in a little while now.

York, the historic concert where almost the most important people were present, ended 18 hours ago and there is still not more reported on this concert? Are they still busy group hugging in real life so that they cannot spare a second to share? Or did most of them make their entries as terrible "anonymous"?

Amazing concert, had a great chat before goin in with a tall guy n his wife, thanks alot u made the waitin go really quick and were great to talk to, and also got to listen to a guy tell us bout other smiths and morrissey concerts which was good, i managed to get the song list that was thrown as a paper airoplane which was a great bonus to the night.

Amazing concert and even an encore! Which was very unexpected, though i did like the version of this charming man i did miss the original guitar sound and the high pitched "aH" from morrissey but all in all a great evening.

Thanks again to the three people we talked to made my first gig a great experience =D

Who was tht scottish prick with the grey hair and green jumper tryin organise every1? sure you've bin waitin along time but you still are just a person with a ticket like all of us you scottish twat.

Thanks to the moron who had his arm in my side for the whole first half and had a go at me when I told him to move it. What a creep

Thanks to the moron who had his arm in my side for the whole first half and had a go at me when I told him to move it. What a creep

Want to make something of it, punk? If you don't like it - leave....

We saw the fight. A man got punched in the face because he was knocking into people with little care for the other people stood around him and generally being a royal pain. He had clearly had a drink or two - which probably helped with the pain of being punched. It took him a minute to realise that he had been punched and then (probably because lots of people stood staring at him waiting for his mext move) he fought back. His poor wife (who was also being annoying whacking people with her bag whilst dancing) managed to get trampled in the fight. A few others got involved, mainly trying to stop the fight. Security at the event were very slow to respond!

Moz was fab though! Shame so many people were off their face.

Setlist:

I Want The One I Can't Have
First Of The Gang To Die
You Have Killed Me
Shoplifters Of The World United
The Kid's A Looker
Ouija Board, Ouija Board
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Everyday Is Like A Sunday
People Are The Same Everywhere
Alma Matters
Speedway
Satellite Of Love
I Know It's Over
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
Action Is My Middle Name
Meat Is Murder
Irish Blood, English Heart
// This Charming Man

Many thanks to a forum user hairbyslice who uploaded his recordings which helped me to check the setlist.
I'm not tall enough to catch Boz's setlist which he threw my side, but a guy who was on my left managed to catch it.

IMHO it was one of the best gigs in last five years (second best to 28th May 2006 London Palladium), well made up for Liverpool Echo Arena misfortune in December 2009.
During the first song the left side of the audience was fairly easy-going, but when First of the Gang to Die started the people went wild and crazy.
Initially Morrissey wasn't chatty, but moving the stage often and giving handshakes.
Some people managed to hand letters to him.
Three new songs sounded great in live, especially The Kid's A Looker seemed well received.

Special thanks to M23 who worked hard to organise the queues.
I'm sorry for C who missed to get the barrier, good luck next time.

Last edited:
Started queuing at 07:00 and the gig was well worth it Morrissey was on form and so were the crowd. Managed to shake his hand during 'There is a light...' and also got Boz's pick.

Shame he didnt add anymore songs ecspecially since people heard 'You're the one for me, Fatty' and 'I'm OK by myself' during the sound check hopefully they will be added to the next gigs. Bring on Bradford!!!

Want to make something of it, punk? If you don't like it - leave....

Punk? Your such an asshole. I'm sorry but I just didn't want you arm in my ribs but if you wanted an excuse to try an feel me up that your problem

Back
Top Bottom