That's How People Grow Up; top of the Radio 2 Airplay Chart!

Maurice E

Well, THPGU has sailed majestically to the top of the Radio 2 airplay chart this week!
Radio 2 is the UK's most popular/listened to station so it's quite a feat and means loads of daytime plays.
However, it's around number 30 on the airplay chart which shows that virtually no other station is playing it at all.
Strange innit, how one hugely successful station can be so keen and yet all the others don't give a monkeys...

I think First of the Gang was also 1 or 2 in the R2 chart but that also got played a lot on Virgin and Xfm lifting it into the top 20 on the airplay chart.

Airplay doesn't make a huge difference to a song's charting position but influences its chart longevity and, in particular, the success of the album it's off...

Last edited:
Radio 6 play it every morning. Something they've never done with any of his other singles. I know they are only digital, but music lovers tend to listen to that station.

A lot of people on here seem to dislike it but I think it's going to do really well, plenty of people who don't know his stuff - yet are aware of my Morrissey 'passion' - have told me how much they like it. Personally, I don't see what there is not to like about it...

Personally, I'd laugh my ass off if it hit number one... The irony!:)

Not that its as big as Radio 2 or anything, but aparentyl its played on the Cumbria station CFM every morning, my sister lives in that area and she says she cant help singing along to the song and then realises its Morrissey!! lol, at least its giving people the opportunity to listen to the song and actually like it even if they arent Morrissey fans

I've heard it in my workplace on local radio, in South Yorkshire!
Was amazed.Don't know which station it was, but dj spouted on about the Donny gig after it had finished. Nice to hear, all the same!

I don't want Morrissey to be played on the radio. I really don't.

Back
Top Bottom