That's How People Grow Up - How High Will It Chart?

That's How People Grow Up - How High Will It Chart?

• #1!

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • It'll tie or better Irish Blood, English Heart (ie. #1~3)

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Somewhere in the Top 5

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • Lower reaches of the Top 10

Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Somewhere in the teens

Votes: 35 38.9%
  • It won't make the Top 20

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
It should make the top 10 easily, there is enough of us Mozza's to buy the single and ensure it charts well.

I would love to see it equal or beat his previous best of number 3, but time will tell.

This dosen't coccern the English charts,but when I orderd That's How People Grow Up singles in HMV in Cork the guy working there told me they wouldn't be stocking it for general sale.
So i think it may not even chart in Ireland which is a disgrace..:mad::mad:

i work for hmv and we do pre orders 2 weeks before they come out - we took 50 of the cd single and 30 of each 7" single ( approx) i think it will scrape top 10 - not sure what else is out that week , tho physical releases are not as much a factor nowadays ! downloads are where its at and us pensionable luddites don't believe in that do we ?

to be honest i prefer All you need is me to this song dont think it will go to the number 1 slot but a good chance a rec round the tenish spot. Dont really regard the top ten thing as that special a thing anymore in relation to out good.

here in germany it's really hard to evaluate the position...maybe top 30 hope so..i remember that IBEH and FOTGTD were really succsessfull in the german top 50..but you can count on me moz..:D i will buy your vynil as a single..the cd twice..one for at home another for the car..and maybe one for a friend..as a birthday addition..AND your greatest hits..one for the car one for at blah blah blah:rolleyes:..and the vynil one, of course..so i know i did my best to support you..and what does moz like to say..do your best and don't worry..i'm out..;)

really, it doesnt even matter for most of the diehard/single buying public whether they particularly like the song or not. despite it being the worst single Morrissey has ever released, they will still come out in droves to buy it juste for the the completist/loyalist factor. Morrissey could be reading from the phonebook and they would eat it up.

ivoted for it to not make the top20, but in all honestly it likely stands a nearly 50/50 chance of cracking the top10.

Last edited:
I like the song. Whether its a good choice for a single or not, how can anyone resist this?

41DBKSeYkXL__SS500_.jpg

long live last...:cool:
nothing to answer more..high five;)

I personally cannot see it getting higher than about 15 in the UK charts and the following week it will be way down. Usual story.​

This dosen't coccern the English charts,but when I orderd That's How People Grow Up singles in HMV in Cork the guy working there told me they wouldn't be stocking it for general sale.
So i think it may not even chart in Ireland which is a disgrace..:mad::mad:

What a pile of arse. I hate this kind of thing. Hopefully it will do well on the download charts. I suppose I will have to buy it on Amazon.co.uk instead if I want the actual box etc.​

it probably doesn´t mean much but the CD single is currently #2 in Amazon.co.uk sales.

#1 is at the moment Sun Goes Down by David Jordan (also to be released tomorrow)

Eh, it's not the best of his new pre-album songs, but Radio 2 and XFM are playing it and he did his perfunctory appearance on Wossy. Plus the shite that's in the top 20 makes the issue of merit irrelevant.

Anyroad, I bought 3 sets of the 5 pound bundles. I know I'm not the only one who participated in this madness. Hope that counts for something. I'm sure the sleeves will arrive bunged up as usual from recordstore.co.uk. I'll chalk it up to fan-based chart payola.

I predict initial top 5 charting and a swift descent out of the charts.

I have higher hopes for singles (if they are to be) "All You Need Is Me", "One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell", and "Something Is Squeezing My Skull".

I hope to be proven wrong...as his single charts #1 and stays up there for a healthy time.

Eh, it's not the best of his new pre-album songs, but Radio 2 and XFM are playing it and he did his perfunctory appearance on Wossy. Plus the shite that's in the top 20 makes the issue of merit irrelevant.

TRue :D - Skull and Mama are great- I also like Paris a lot as well as all you need is me. In fact farewell and grow up are the least interesting to me ! but still better than 99% of the top 20 songs, so... let's hope for the best :D

Sure, let's bet for the single.
I say it won't.

I'm half inclined to say you might be right. Big fan-base, Radio 2 most played single (two weeks in a row), not currently available on album. Should have a good chance of top 5.

But I'm actually probably not gonna buy it as a) I don't really like it and b) no new songs on b-sides.

So if many others feel like me, it could fail to reach the top 10...

Would have been higher had he included new original B-sides on all formats (they had that nailed for Quarry...). Also two CD formats and a vinyl as opposed to two vinyls, would have probably helped.

There are some digital exclusives though; itunes UK has THPGU (live @ hollywood bowl) and 7digital (if it gets its act together) has THPGU (live @ the Roundhouse).

Back
Top Bottom