Spencer Cobrin FB: Trump/Morrissey comments (June 21, 2020)

UPDATE June 21 2:25 PM PT:

Posted by Alexi:

55695_cf9699116da467b173fc4fa7ef1fbdc6.jpeg

20200621_061448.jpg
20200621_061856.jpg

20200621_070055.jpg
20200621_070127.jpg

20200621_070410.jpg

20200621_072102.jpg

There's activity in the comments section, but given this topic has been done to absolute death - I won't paste it all here.

Visit his FB page for more:
(Update: Spencer deactivated his FB account this afternoon after the apology).
Update:
The post was deleted around 2pm UK time.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just pointing out hypocrisy. Clearly way over your head...
?
not the brightest bulb true.?

Well, then you must not read this forum very often because there are plenty who feel that racism is a good thing and that black lives don't matter. How insecure do you have to be to feel "fed up" with the treatment of whiteness as a "moral disease," as you say? Who gives a shit? Rhetoric is rhetoric. Live your life.

?

is it possible for you to make the slightest sense FFSo_O
you get confused by a simple one sentence post:lbf:

Spencer also criticises the way Moz band members leave or join the group. I think, it's Boz who has to do this job. Remember Alain being surprised when he arrived for the Vauxhall sessions, that his two mates were no longer there. I don't know what happened after the year 1997. I think spirits were on an all time low. The record company ended the contract, the Maladjusted songs (first time with SC input) failed to make an impact and the future didn't look to bright for Morrissey. But as a user said before. That's a problem only discussed by nerds in an inner circle. The common Morrissey fan and the music press doesn't care about band members, as they are replaceable like parts of a lawnmower. It's true. -:)

?

yes thats fantastic. AlainT and now SpencerT, the Twat Twins criticizing and pontificating how Moz, a superstar, should conduct his business. how the band members should be hired.:lbf:
all this knowledge from years of hard 'work' at the camden council and the antique store-where you were sold trinkets.:lbf:

lets ask SpencerT-currently unemployed and holding a pint-for musical
advice as how to put the band together.:crazy:

No one is forcing you to apologize for your skin color. Turn off your TV.

?
WTF? last post you're black this post white?:confused:
you appear very weak intellectually.:straightface:

Then he should learn to think.
Perhaps we should respect him, and not simply lift his Facebook material without courteously asking first. I guess he keeps his page open to facilitate/make friends and fans. We’ve abused his level of hospitality.

Feel free to be direct with criticism - there was no 'we', only I.
He made a public (ie not just friend list) statement via global FB settings and added a topical hashtag to ensure it would show up via searches and feeds and thereby have people interested in BLM see the name Morrissey crop up in their searches (as per many posts he'd made previously with many other algorithm-specifc tags). It was reported on as it happened - as anyone is free to do. As it was relayed here at speed, it was unknown if he was going to double down (which he did initially) or if he'd end up deleting/deactivating his acc. He thought better of the insults to specific fans and deleted them a few mins after posting (as they took his comments badly) before he even thought better of the main post.
The bulk of the people that would have seen his remarks via his friends list were (apart from the inner circle types) the very type of people due to see him at the convention (and possible 'secret' project) and they then jumped on him in comments - which I specifically omitted highlighting. Thereafter, only the apology was posted here and the 'bashing' required a trip to FB to see it.
Other Morrissey 'sources' online spun his posts with outrage or angry comments attached to screen shots. This site reproduced some of his comments and reactions to said with no commentary, opinion or spin - just visual evidence and a link. That was my version of showing him respect and if that doesn't meet other people's criteria for respect - there's not much I can do about it. People are free to put me on ignore if they don't like what I post.
That said, it's also something I've done hundreds of times in an ecumenical manner to anyone serving as a source for Morrissey information, stories & news - the main raison d'être of this site. So, it's highly unlikely that it won't happen again.
Regards,
FWD.

Feel free to be direct with criticism - there was no 'we', only I.
He made a public (ie not just friend list) statement via global FB settings and added a topical hashtag to ensure it would show up via searches and feeds and thereby have people interested in BLM see the name Morrissey crop up in their searches (as per many posts he'd made previously with many other algorithm-specifc tags). It was reported on as it happened - as anyone is free to do. As it was relayed here at speed, it was unknown if he was going to double down (which he did initially) or if he'd end up deleting/deactivating his acc. He thought better of the insults to specific fans and deleted them a few mins after posting (as they took his comments badly) before he even thought better of the main post.
The bulk of the people that would have seen his remarks via his friends list were (apart from the inner circle types) the very type of people due to see him at the convention (and possible 'secret' project) and they then jumped on him in comments - which I specifically omitted highlighting. Thereafter, only the apology was posted here and the 'bashing' required a trip to FB to see it.
Other Morrissey 'sources' online spun his posts with outrage or angry comments attached to screen shots. This site reproduced some of his comments and reactions to said with no commentary, opinion or spin - just visual evidence and a link. That was my version of showing him respect and if that doesn't meet other people's criteria for respect - there's not much I can do about it. People are free to put me on ignore if they don't like what I post.
That said, it's also something I've done hundreds of times in an ecumenical manner to anyone serving as a source for Morrissey information, stories & news - the main raison d'être of this site. So, it's highly unlikely that it won't happen again.
Regards,
FWD.
OK thanks for adding some clarity. But beyond the ethics (and I concede I’m not really into Facebook) I might question how pissing off Morrissey’s former (perhaps best?) drummer—and contributing to a long-standing rift between the pair, in the bargain—ultimately serves the site as as a “source for Morrissey information, stories & news”.

At the rate it’s going there might soon be no active musicians/singers to celebrate. And that’s our loss as much as theirs. They don’t need to be shielded, but a level of circumspection would seem ‘natural’, to me.

Still, the public wants what the public gets I suppose. I just hope Spencer can put it behind him (the exposure, I mean, not necessarily the sentiments he shared). And he’s too talented for the convention circuit.

Thanks again for responding. And I will cherish the word ‘ecumenical’ forever.

OK thanks for adding some clarity. But beyond the ethics (and I concede I’m not really into Facebook) I might question how pissing off Morrissey’s former (perhaps best?) drummer—and contributing to a long-standing rift between the pair, in the bargain—ultimately serves the site as as a “source for Morrissey information, stories & news”.

At the rate it’s going there might soon be no active musicians/singers to celebrate. And that’s our loss as much as theirs. They don’t need to be shielded, but a level of circumspection would seem ‘natural’, to me.

Still, the public wants what the public gets I suppose. I just hope Spencer can put it behind him (the exposure, I mean, not necessarily the sentiments he shared). And he’s too talented for the convention circuit.

Thanks again for responding. And I will cherish the word ‘ecumenical’ forever.
Thank you for a measured response.
Regards,
FWD.

yes thats fantastic. AlainT and now SpencerT, the Twat Twins criticizing and pontificating how Moz, a superstar, should conduct his business. how the band members should be hired.:lbf:

The thing is, there are parts of the world, and parts of the audience, that do not see music as a business. Some people actually think making music is an artistic pursuit first and foremost (the fools!).
So all this talk of how the money is handled, how people are paid or not, is going to seem unpalatable to them.
When you, Vegancro666, admire the way M conducts his business, you have to remember not many people have an interest in singing oil magnates.
It's like when I heard Alain talk about a possible 'market" for his music to Julie H. , I knew there and then he wasn't going to make it.

"Supertars" lose some audience members when they bore them to death with court cases, but they still have enough consumer monkeys left to live off comfortably for the rest of their days.

But if you're a struggling musician and you want to appeal to people, you can't do that. You're not going to catch an audience by telling them you're struggling. Especially in this day and age. Your only option is to make them dream and forget about their own mortgage.
In short, do what big businessmen like M are no longer capable of doing.

Follow your heart and you might even get a hit.

The thing is, there are parts of the world, and parts of the audience, that do not see music as a business. Some people actually think making music is an artistic pursuit first and foremost (the fools!).
So all this talk of how the money is handled, how people are paid or not, is going to seem unpalatable to them.
When you, Vegancro666, admire the way M conducts his business, you have to remember not many people have an interest in singing oil magnates.
It's like when I heard Alain talk about a possible 'market" for his music to Julie H. , I knew there and then he wasn't going to make it.

"Supertars" lose some audience members when they bore them to death with court cases, but they still have enough consumer monkeys left to live off comfortably for the rest of their days.

But if you're a struggling musician and you want to appeal to people, you can't do that. You're not going to catch an audience by telling them you're struggling. Especially in this day and age. Your only option is to make them dream and forget about their own mortgage.
In short, do what big businessmen like M are no longer capable of doing.

Follow your heart and you might even get a hit.
?

Fake C i dont think those two cucks, spencert and alaint got your memo about the bad 'singing oil magnates':rolleyes:
worse than losing a couple of broke dole imbibing aud members is having no aud or money like the twin twats:(

FC , whats the latest racism from over at the 7-11?o_O

spencert 'secret project' is to guzzle a gallon of gin ?
project due for implementation as soon as a mark buys the liquor, ben budd maybe:)

?

Fake C i dont think those two cucks, spencert and alaint got your memo about the bad 'singing oil magnates':rolleyes:
worse than losing a couple of broke dole imbibing aud members is having no aud or money like the twin twats:(

FC , whats the latest racism from over at the 7-11?o_O

Dear VeganKronenbourg,

I'd love to understand what you're saying but I am not altogether familiar with your dialect.
I have no idea why you're talking to me about Australian dollars or keep calling me "football club."
Lastly, last time I set foot in a 7-11 was around 1995, so can't help you there either.

Still, lovely talking to ya, as always. I'll let you get back to your mates, now.(y)

(PS don't worry your pretty head over memos!)

Dear VeganKronenbourg,

I'd love to understand what you're saying but I am not altogether familiar with your dialect.
I have no idea why you're talking to me about Australian dollars or keep calling me "football club."
Lastly, last time I set foot in a 7-11 was around 1995, so can't help you there either.

Still, lovely talking to ya, as always. I'll let you get back to your mates, now.(y)

(PS don't worry your pretty head over memos!)

?

Fake C, i take it you mean 1995 seconds ago;)

Spen's a nice guy. He apologizes to fans of Morrissey. Now will Morrissey apologize to him for the foul racist slurs he sent him?

It would be a curious thing to make up.

yes skinny moz is going to apologize for spencerts drunk hallucinations?
NOT:)

the twat is way out there. posting to the entire world wide FB and then deleting his whole page then posting crazy stuff again then deleting again.
:lbf:

They don’t have to be defended from you. You’re intellectually weak, and you’d do any cause a disservice. No one wants you on their side. It’s like going three goals down, from the off.

I’m trying, in my own way, to save you from yourself, and to save all causes from you. It’s a shit job, but I pity you so I do it.

Be grateful as it’s more than most would give you. And it’s probably more than you’re worth.
And what service do you provide, beyond being yet another simpering centrist voice contributing absolutely nothing to the ideological push-pull of this miserable little corner of the internet? I see how your self-satisfied delusion of intellect allows you to hover slightly above the fray, but at the end of the day it's a binary issue. You either abhor racism or you tolerate it and there's really nothing in between, nothing alongside it. Your position is one of cowardice, like most of the others here.

And what service do you provide, beyond being yet another simpering centrist voice contributing absolutely nothing to the ideological push-pull of this miserable little corner of the internet? I see how your self-satisfied delusion of intellect allows you to hover slightly above the fray, but at the end of the day it's a binary issue. You either abhor racism or you tolerate it and there's really nothing in between, nothing alongside it. Your position is one of cowardice, like most of the others here.
As I say, you’re out of your depth. No cause wants you. Go and chase another banner.

?

WTF?? you want to shoot anyone who 'doesnt abhor racism' WTF??:crazy:
there is no such thing a 'binary issue' its left wing crackpot stuff o_O

getting liquored up and posting left wing loon rubbish on the internet a la skinny is not considered 'a service' but a 'disservice":lbf:

Back
Top Bottom