Spencer Cobrin FB: Trump/Morrissey comments (June 21, 2020)

UPDATE June 21 2:25 PM PT:

Posted by Alexi:

55695_cf9699116da467b173fc4fa7ef1fbdc6.jpeg

20200621_061448.jpg
20200621_061856.jpg

20200621_070055.jpg
20200621_070127.jpg

20200621_070410.jpg

20200621_072102.jpg

There's activity in the comments section, but given this topic has been done to absolute death - I won't paste it all here.

Visit his FB page for more:
(Update: Spencer deactivated his FB account this afternoon after the apology).
Update:
The post was deleted around 2pm UK time.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Free speech Mr Goldstein

As somebody who worked with Morrissey's management many years ago, albeit briefly, I believe that Morrissey is not at all racist. In fact, quite the opposite. He has a very fragile nerve trigger when it comes to injustice of any type. I recall a fascinating conversation I had with him when he was 'educating' me on the 'politics' of the North of Ireland. He spoke very eloquently about how the Catholics in the North took a large part of their inspiration from the American Civil Rights movement. I remember him saying that it was 'astonishing' to think that when he was growing up apartheid (his word not mine) existing in the North of Ireland and in the States where he had family and had a deep affection for. I also remember him commenting on the poverty and degradation of a largely black neighborhood in a Mid West city. Adding that it was appalling that after so much struggle the same problems are passed onto to another generation. These don't sound like the remarks of a racist to me. Sure, people change, but I have never believed Morrissey to be racist. Spencer sounds like an embittered man with too much alcohol in his system, having a Trump like Twitter rant. Oh the Irony.

None of this matters. He is selectively racist but racist nonetheless. He may not be openly racist against black folks, but he is 100% Islamaphobic and not particularly fond of Asians in general. Also, his open support for a far-right party and all of the Ill-informed shit he has said over the last few years. Maybe you did work with his management years ago, but you obviously don’t know the 2020 Morrissey.

I am still surprised that the Morrissey fax "YOUR LOSS JEW BOY" was accepted so uncomplainingly in the Morrissey community. Morrissey asks if he can use a song that Spencer co-wrote and he replies that the credits need to be cleared first. What Morrissey replies is also aimed at stirring up the worst prejudices that jews are mainly merchants and traders. Since this happened in the late 90s, it could actually be IHTWTWYS, which he then put on new music for Quarry. I assume that Scott Matthew's descriptions are true.

Naked "private shots" with Morrissey in a hotel room 1991 ad some extra spice to this piquant affair.

I had read the quotes from Scott Matthew before - actually I also saw him and Spencer perform together once - but never heard about that naked photo shoot. Where did you get that from?

None of this matters. He is selectively racist but racist nonetheless. He may not be openly racist against black folks, but he is 100% Islamaphobic and not particularly fond of Asians in general. Also, his open support for a far-right party and all of the Ill-informed shit he has said over the last few years. Maybe you did work with his management years ago, but you obviously don’t know the 2020 Morrissey.

That's unfair.

Arguments about religion get thorny because most religions have illiberal views about things like sexuality.

And politics has been batshit since 2013.

I spent five minutes on my Twitter to find Rob Delaney denounced for racist jokes, writers leaving JK Rowling's agency over the transphobia row & Roger Waters claiming that Israeli agents trained the American police to kill black people.

I had read the quotes from Scott Matthew before - actually I also saw him and Spencer perform together once - but never heard about that naked photo shoot. Where did you get that from?

If you scroll back, Girl Not Afraid, posted the interview it's from.

It is well known in certain circles that SC was ask to leave the band. He had simply gotten too big for his britches. On the Maladjusted tour he was taking private cars back and forth to the venue and not riding with the other lads. He was really just "Lost"!

If you scroll back, Girl Not Afraid, posted the interview it's from.

Thanks, I just came across that section. If it was a true story, I am not sure that Moz would have been happy with Spencer bringing it into the public domaine.

It is well known in certain circles that SC was ask to leave the band. He had simply gotten too big for his britches. On the Maladjusted tour he was taking private cars back and forth to the venue and not riding with the other lads. He was really just "Lost"!

I didn't know Spencer was asked to leave. I think it was Jonny Bridgwood who alluded to "tensions" in the band during that time period (1997 Maladjusted era).

That's unfair.

Arguments about religion get thorny because most religions have illiberal views about things like sexuality.

And politics has been batshit since 2013.

I spent five minutes on my Twitter to find Rob Delaney denounced for racist jokes, writers leaving JK Rowling's agency over the transphobia row & Roger Waters claiming that Israeli agents trained the American police to kill black people.

:rolleyes:

religion has illiberal views about things like sexuality?
as opposed to commie cucks having liberal views about religion??

all that left wing stuff about having 97 genders 'assigned' (by God i guess except the cucks dont believe in God, maybe an fing bird
makes these assignations) at birth makes religion look like nuclear rocket science FFS:crazy:

I didn't know Spencer was asked to leave. I think it was Jonny Bridgwood who alluded to "tensions" in the band during that time period (1997 Maladjusted era).

like all these lawnmowers hes unknown but thinks hes a celebrity. ?
the salad punk rock drummer is buddy rich compared to this knob.;)

[QUOTE = "Verso, publicación: 1987298151, miembro: 28967"]
Dios, cállate la boca.
[/ I'M not going to shut up!!!!!!

Salad? The band? You’re rolling back the years tonight.

the salads, punk rock group signed to their own label (-:lbf:-)
'maui wowie':)
very powerful label, this maui wowie:straightface:
web site under maintenance for many many years (aka fees not paid)?
im shocked a powerful label like that has not snatched and signed spencerT and alainT:straightface:

Maybe no one noticed over the years but Spencer had frequently made emotional outbursts via Facebook, only to “delete” his account and return again after some time had passed. I’ve always adored him but realised he was a little off balance at times.

Back
Top Bottom