Scott Rodger (Maverick) leaks Morrissey information and email re: Bonfire / Miley via X (October 17, 2023)

There's been drama!

20231017_090414.jpg

20231017_090437.jpg

IMG_20231017_085912.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
Your point in bold is the critical one. IF we're being told the full story now, then Capitol have never been able to release the album. All Moneyssey would have to do is:

1. Pay back circa $75k
2. Replace the vocal on Veronica
3. Substitute a different track for Veronica

When you fall out this often with this many record companies, you wonder, what's the common denominator?
He never takes responsibility for anything.

Sacking people? Get someone else to break the news, whether it's Johnny Marr, Boz or whoever.

Cancelled shows? Do it on a whim, often with no explanations and to hell with the fans who have made travel arrangements at great expense.

His dispute with Capitol? This stems from him blabbing about Miley's involvement (something he was specifically told not to do) and then moaning about Capitol not releasing the album, even though he is well aware that they literally cannot release it for legal reasons. He makes out like it's a vindictive decision on Capitol's part, which we all know now to be complete bullshit.

Everything is always someone else's fault. Never his.

Morrissey's problem is this. He pushes, pushes and pushes people until breaking point, and when he (quite understandably) gets some heat back in his direction he plays the victim. Every single time.

A grown man of twenty five sixty four.

Has he really no one anymore to stop this mess? A true friend taking him to the side and tell him the obvious? That he is running in the totally wrong direction wrecking everything he has left? It is so baffling as a viewer of this drama/comedy that there is no one to step in, pause and rearrange his career and the output of it, because it gets tragically funnier as time progresses. This is seriously nothing he or anybody close to him would want for him/his career?

Has he really no one anymore to stop this mess? A true friend taking him to the side and tell him the obvious? That he is running in the totally wrong direction wrecking everything he has left? It is so baffling as a viewer of this drama/comedy that there is no one to step in, pause and rearrange his career and the output of it, because it gets tragically funnier as time progresses. This is seriously nothing he or anybody close to him would want for him/his career?
I wonder what Linder and Chrissie Hynde make of it all. Is he still friends with them?

They both seem pretty no nonsense (Chrissie in particular). I can't imagine they'd be egging him on when he's clearly in the wrong.

Even if he did, he would substitute Veronica with Notre-Dame. I bet he would.
Great idea ! Notre Dame definitely fits the gloomy atmosphere of BoT better than the whole Veronica thing

No.

What's ridiculous is that Morrissey won't admit that Capitol are legally prevented from releasing BoT due to the presence of Miley's vocals.

Nice attempt to shift the blame onto Miley though.

It won't work.

Morrissey didn't want Miley's involvement for artistic reasons. He wanted her involved so he could put her name on the sleeve in an attempt to garner more sales and publicity.

Sad!

I'd like his current touring band to make an album without him. Or maybe with Miley Cyrus, if she's available.

From Morrissey Central 17th October 2023

'F*** OFF, I'VE ALREADY SPENT IT! has been recorded in Rodeo Drive. The 10-track album has been described by Scott Rodger as "$75k flushed right down the Gary Glitter."

This is the 207th Morrissey album produced by famed Israeli hitmaker, Goldman Sachs.

The songs are:

Cash it Little Man, What? Now!
Paidhead
Who Will Protect Us From The Truth
I Didn't Mean To Press Send
Capitol Punishment (reprise)

The Career Is Dead
Michelle Jubeliar On Fire
Found, Found, Found (Out)
I Don't Mind If You Wire Transfer
Spin This One, FiDo

Tracks 1-5 Written by Morrissey
Tracks 6-10 Co-Written with Jeff Bezos
Engineered by SER.
Recorded at Nowherelefttoturn Studios, Los Angeles, USA.
Jesse Tobias Guitars, Backing vocals, Keyboards, Bass, Drums, Finger cymbals, Skinflute

Last edited:
Or the multi millionaire Morrissey could just pay for it himself.
If he doesn’t though… would you rather never hear the album?
I feel like artists get so badly ripped off as a result of streaming, although I have spent north of £700 this year on tickets to see him + signed merch 😆 so maybe that’s my contribution already.

If he doesn’t though… would you rather never hear the album?
I feel like artists get so badly ripped off as a result of streaming, although I have spent north of £700 this year on tickets to see him + signed merch 😆 so maybe that’s my contribution already.
If Morrissey doesn't deem the album worthy enough of parting with money for, then why should I?

What on Earth does Morrissey see in Miley Cyrus and why would he throw away the "best" record of his career and make a complete idiot of himself over Miley? In fact, when I saw she was on the record my first thought was why Miley Cyrus she is more famous for riding a 20 foot cock on stage than her voice or her songs. Notice how Miley has never said a single word about this and has probably been advised to stay a thousand miles away from Morrissey with good reason. I still really love Morrissey's music, but my gosh the guy has truly hit an all time low. Peace

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom