Morrissey Central "MORRISSEY BAND OF OUTSIDERS" (October 31, 2023)

0-8.jpeg

Juan Galeano [bass], Brendan Buckley [drums], Jesse Tobias [guitars], Camila Grey [keyboards], Carmen Vandenberg [guitars], Morrissey [vocals].

Photo by Ryan Lowry, Harlem NYC, October 2023.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, it's hair dye! :D

They've got this one type that you shampoo in each time you wash your hair, and it just gets darker over time. That one is hard to find, probably because it's such a cool product. The standard Just For Men is basically typical hair dye, but it doesn't irritate your scalp.
But how does it help the follically challenged?

When I had my photo taken with Nicky Wire outside the Llandudno, Cymru venue he shut his eyes for a couple of seconds, then opened them. Must be a method.
My method as taught to me by my 7 year old granddaughter is....wide smile with mouth closed. Raise eyebrows like your in shock. Stop smiling. That's how to look like a supermodel.
Jealous! Did you know that I love nicky wire?!? So he didn't have his sunnies on?! I sometimes wonder if, aside from wearing them to look massively cool, he also has sensitive eyes. His eyes are very light and light eyes take in more light than dark eyes. I wish I could meet nicky!! 😪

Camila and Carmen look a little unprepared. I like Camila (from a distance). She looks like the eternal The Cure or Sisters of Mercy fan. Old Morrissey would never have let that pass. Daily haircuts , manicures and high end clothes; he always made sure of that with the boys in the band.

Not a stylish idea, to photograph the stupid cars as well. At least if they were 50s cars. Modern Times (I hate 'em).

But how does it help the follically challenged?
Well...it doesn't. ;) But for me, I've been gray for 30 years in some capacity - so it's a great product.

They do have what is essentially 'hair paint', like Jerome Russell's products - to kind of 'fill in' where there is no hair, if that's your thing. :D

Camila and Carmen look a little unprepared. I like Camila (from a distance). She looks like the eternal The Cure or Sisters of Mercy fan. Old Morrissey would never have let that pass. Daily haircuts , manicures and high end clothes; he always made sure of that with the boys in the band.

Not a stylish idea, to photograph the stupid cars as well. At least if they were 50s cars. Modern Times (I hate 'em).
To be fair, I just assumed it was a spur of the moment thing and probably not much thought was put into it. They were there and figured “why not?”, maybe?

I won’t critique the photo, but am always quick to note that the overwhelming majority of band photos (even some I’ve taken) always have at least one person that is looking away as if the car was left running and they’re making sure no one drives off with it.

Well...it doesn't. ;) But for me, I've been gray for 30 years in some capacity - so it's a great product.

They do have what is essentially 'hair paint', like Jerome Russell's products - to kind of 'fill in' where there is no hair, if that's your thing. :D
Alright good for you! I was just curious. I do not need any help in the hair department :)

Given the absence of Alain, Boz, or Gustavo in this picture - couldn't you argue that he did? 🤷‍♂️

Speaking of Boz, does anyone know the full story with him? Mando Lopez and Matt Walker disappeared right along with him.

The band seemed like a relatively stable unit between 2009 and 2020. Look at all of the turnover we've had within the past three years. Even Solomon Walker came back for a few gigs and bolted.

The latest band to tour with Morrissey and get ignored by record labels. Good luck to them putting up with his narcissism and cancelling gigs when he takes the huff!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom