Perth Cancelled

Very disappointing to receive notification of cancellation 8hrs before the Perth Australia show, which has been sold out for months. "Unforeseen circumstances" hours before a gig is really not good enough, particularly with people travelling for the concert. Pissed off is one way to describe the situation.

Screenshot from an anonymous person:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Why doesn't anyone shout "Why did you skip Perth?" between songs instead of "We love you" or "Play Notre Dame" in Melbourne?
Last time we had hecklers in the UK at Portsmouth, and Moz's response was to cancel the next show in Nottingham. So it's a risky gambit.

Because that will end the show in five seconds flat and we don't want that.
At least somebody is being reasonable here! 😎
You want to attend the show if it takes place, and make precious memories of one of the last living singing British poets. As some say, there will be a time when Goodbye will be Farewell, and we will have nothing left but bitter tears.
Because there will never be another one like him again, not in this sad era that could last for décades.

Becaus that’s how he is.

I don't understand it, because he said before that he's happiest on stage, so you'd think he'd make more if an effort to get to his shows.
I also don't understand why he thinks he has business jerking his fans around like that.
Because he does whatever he feels like. Morrissey has never ever faced any consequences to cancelling shows, and why should he when he has the faithful to show up to the next show and to make excuses for the man and continue to give him complete adulation. It’s given him an incredibly inflated ego to feel like he can jerk the fans around because honestly they will still be there, hanging on to any words he speaks. A cancelation is the chance you take on a Morrissey show.

Last time we had hecklers in the UK at Portsmouth, and Moz's response was to cancel the next show in Nottingham. So it's a risky gambit.
Ok. So I'll guess, it's "We ❤️ you, Morrissey" once again. But is "Asking a polite question" really heckling?

Becaus that’s how he is.

Because he does whatever he feels like. Morrissey has never ever faced any consequences to cancelling shows, and why should he when he has the faithful to show up to the next show and to make excuses for the man and continue to give him complete adulation. It’s given him an incredibly inflated ego to feel like he can jerk the fans around because honestly they will still be there, hanging on to any words he speaks. A cancelation is the chance you take on a Morrissey show.
I sometimes think that because he couldn't hold down a job he didn't develop the resilience that many of us need in the work setting. It seems after a bad day at work he would leave. Likewise he doesn't feel like appearing so he doesn't. (Yet someone once said that his working life had been more successful than he indicated).
Yet there have always been questions about his mental health/wellbeing and whether he is neurodiverse, in which case I wonder whether he has found the only "job" he can do - fortunately for him and us - and whether there are times when he finds certain activities impossible.
I was a bit shocked by the Quarry announcement so soon after the Perth cancellation, but we really don't know what goes on with other people.
I'm finding this debate about non-appearance quite interesting. My current thinking is no hotel if ever he were to tour UK again.

Last edited:
I don't think I should do so many shows in a row... I could do three or 4 a month and do it more sparingly. So that he can fulfill his commitments. And it always puts America first. Moz could easily tour South America every year. There are places sold out all the tickets. I think Moz needs to choose better the venues and frequency of its shows

Anyone know if Morrissey made it onto a plane destined for Australia? Asking for a few thousand friends.

I sometimes think that because he couldn't hold down a job he didn't develop the resilience that many of us need in the work setting. It seems after a bad day at work he would leave. Likewise he doesn't feel like appearing so he doesn't. (Yet someone once said that his working life had been more successful than he indicated).
Yet there have always been questions about his mental health/wellbeing and whether he is neurodiverse, in which case I wonder whether he has found the only "job" he can do - fortunately for him and us - and whether there are times when he finds certain activities impossible.
I was a bit shocked by the Quarry announcement so soon after the Perth cancellation, but we really don't know what goes on with other people.
I'm finding this debate about non-appearance quite interesting. My current thinking is no hotel if ever he were to tour UK again.
More then likely I think he was seriously coddled in life and it was his mum who most likely did it, especially how in autobiographies about him explains the closeness that he has with his mum, not that his father wasn’t around, I think he probably didn’t spend enough time with his father to instill of taking care of his responsibilities, obligations and giving him a bit more masculinity to him.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom