Perth Cancelled

Very disappointing to receive notification of cancellation 8hrs before the Perth Australia show, which has been sold out for months. "Unforeseen circumstances" hours before a gig is really not good enough, particularly with people travelling for the concert. Pissed off is one way to describe the situation.

Screenshot from an anonymous person:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
If he's in Melbourne. Is there any proof Morrissey has made it to Australia yet?
Thats exactly my worry. His band are here but is he. Theres been no reports but then again its not like he is Taylor Swift or Harry Styles and the press would be following his every move. It's probably quite easy for him to go unnoticed.
Don't think we'll know until tomorrows show sadly. Whether he shows up or not.
I have tickets to both nights in Melbourne and it really is quite hard to excited and hyped up for it when you don't even know if its going to happen

Following on from that. If there reports are true that he wanted to skip Perth and fly straight to Melbourne along with his band also being here. I'd say thats pretty good news for Melbourne.
But then again they're just reports and not the truth

Thats exactly my worry. His band are here but is he. Theres been no reports but then again its not like he is Taylor Swift or Harry Styles and the press would be following his every move. It's probably quite easy for him to go unnoticed.
Don't think we'll know until tomorrows show sadly. Whether he shows up or not.
I have tickets to both nights in Melbourne and it really is quite hard to excited and hyped up for it when you don't even know if its going to happen
I'd say it's getting to the point where even going to the shows an hour before is no guarantee he'll be on stage. He's done that before.

What exactly is the point of posting a picture of a cocktail? He's in Melbourne to have a drink? So f***ing what. Tell us if the show is actually on.
Melbourne was sort of Jesse's home town for a while with Angie. Maybe he's in Kelly St.

What exactly is the point of posting a picture of a cocktail? He's in Melbourne to have a drink? So f***ing what. Tell us if the show is actually on.
As if Jesse even knows. The fact they were all in Perth just shows none of them would 100% know the answer

But he's done this his entire career. Was his heart never in it?

As someone said before, he just does what he feels. If he's not up for performing, he won't. It is a shame for the fans but that's the way he is. Of course he can't issue a statement and say that because he would get sued by the promoters, venue, etc... so he has to come up with some bs "unforeseen circumstances" excuse.
Yeah, this.

Then maybe cut back on the touring?

Come to think of it, not only will people not rush out to buy tickets if he tours here again but venues may not rush to hold his gigs.
He probably did schedule too many shows in too little time.

Hope you get to see him!

One of the main effects of a heavy drinking problem is unreliability. The older you get the longer it takes to recover from a hangover. You're definitely rolling the dice spending any money on a Morrissey show right now, and things won't be getting better any time soon.

Like Elvis, Moz has surrounded himself with low quality enablers. It can't last. Then we'll get the Morrissey: What Happened? book written by one of his stooges. It's all so tragic.

Why should this surprise anyone it’s Morrissey, this man will cancel a show on a whim. I can’t remember where I read it that Morrissey will simply cancel the show if he just doesn’t feel like doing it, just a simple feeling of I don’t wanna do it and he will cancel. Word to the wise if anyone is gonna see Morrissey for the YATQ anniversary shows in LA if your gonna travel for those shows, get yourself some Disneyland tickets as backup just in case he cancels one of those shows, that way you atleast went for something.

Why should this surprise anyone it’s Morrissey, this man will cancel a show on a whim. I can’t remember where I read it that Morrissey will simply cancel the show if he just doesn’t feel like doing it, just a simple feeling of I don’t wanna do it and he will cancel. Word to the wise if anyone is gonna see Morrissey for the YATQ anniversary shows in LA if your gonna travel for those shows, get yourself some Disneyland tickets as backup just in case he cancels one of those shows, that way you atleast went for something.
I don't understand it, because he said before that he's happiest on stage, so you'd think he'd make more if an effort to get to his shows.
I also don't understand why he thinks he has business jerking his fans around like that.

Why doesn't anyone shout "Why did you skip Perth?" between songs instead of "We love you" or "Play Notre Dame" in Melbourne?

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom