Perth Cancelled

Very disappointing to receive notification of cancellation 8hrs before the Perth Australia show, which has been sold out for months. "Unforeseen circumstances" hours before a gig is really not good enough, particularly with people travelling for the concert. Pissed off is one way to describe the situation.

Screenshot from an anonymous person:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea what is really behind these cancellations but what is obvious from space is that his heart isn't in it anymore. He doesn't care enough to give a basic acknowledgement, he doesn't mind if it's obvious he doesn't care, it's nothing but going through the motions.
It is fair to say that it hasn’t been a good year for Morrissey (and fans). It started pretty well with the recording of the new album and then a tour with Alain and Gustavo still in the band. It’s been going downhill since then. As you said, he just lacks the motivation to do all the long distance travelling now and it isn’t obvious that he still feels a connection with the songs he’s singing night after night.

You do realise people live other places than just cities? I can't attend anything without a hotel room because I live rurally.
Then booking tickets to Moz is really rolling the dice. It's not like we don't know this. You decide if the thrill of the performance is worth the risk. It's a bit like travelling to watch your team play not knowing if it will be a 20 goal drubbing. If you do travel and book for Melbourne, Cruel Sea are playing Honeymon is Over the two nights before SPM at the Palais- hedge your bets!

A journey of more than 20 miles and very certainly one that involves an overnight stay to see Morrissey show is truly a fools errand.

Yeah, but Alain can’t sing!
As much as I want to disagree with you, I can't. You're right. Alain can't sing.

He's a good guy and I am rooting for him but man I hear him on lead vocals and I cringe. He just doesn't have it to be a lead singer. It pains me to say he's not just bad, he's awful (plus his originals are a hard listen).

As much as I want to disagree with you, I can't. You're right. Alain can't sing.

He's a good guy and I am rooting for him but man I hear him on lead vocals and I cringe. He just doesn't have it to be a lead singer. It pains me to say he's not just bad, he's awful (plus his originals are a hard listen).

But boy - isn't he a good dude? Not a bad bone in his body.

A journey of more than 20 miles and very certainly one that involves an overnight stay to see Morrissey show is truly a fools errand.
Yep, it was a journey of 2,721.51 km for me from Melbourne to Perth yesterday afternoon and then another 2,721.51 km from Perth back to Melbourne this morning. The Western Australian landscape looked amazing from the plane window though I have to say.

I have no idea what is really behind these cancellations but what is obvious from space is that his heart isn't in it anymore. He doesn't care enough to give a basic acknowledgement, he doesn't mind if it's obvious he doesn't care, it's nothing but going through the motions.
But he's done this his entire career. Was his heart never in it?

As someone said before, he just does what he feels. If he's not up for performing, he won't. It is a shame for the fans but that's the way he is. Of course he can't issue a statement and say that because he would get sued by the promoters, venue, etc... so he has to come up with some bs "unforeseen circumstances" excuse.

But he's done this his entire career. Was his heart never in it?

As someone said before, he just does what he feels. If he's not up for performing, he won't. It is a shame for the fans but that's the way he is. Of course he can't issue a statement and say that because he would get sued by the promoters, venue, etc... so he has to come up with some bs "unforeseen circumstances" excuse.

This is why the Smiths broke up.

First of all this isn't me making excuses for Morrissey. He makes it so hard on his fans

But as an Australian, whoever organised this tour is crazy and didn't plan it well. Especially considering he hates flying.

For those non Australians, Perth is the biggest and pretty much only City on the west coast of Australia. Its a three to five hour flight away from cities on the east. Also one way international flights. into Perth arnet as common as Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. So its not as easy to get to compared to the other main cites. So I think whoever planned this tour, clearly wasn't thinking straight.

And if it is true that Morrissey decided to fly straight into Melbourne cause it was "one way" then it again begs the question why they decided to start in Perth?

Then goes for the other dates, if he does them all, he will start at the bottom in Melbourne, fly all the way up North to Brisbane, back down again to Sydney and then all the way from Sydney to NZ. Similar thing with the asia dates.

Its just so disappointing from Moz and his team. Especially since it sounds like the reason for the cancellation was because Perth was harder and longer to get to compared to Melbourne and other places.

Are there any reports of him being in Melbourne yet?
Flying from Singapore - direct flights to Perth or Melbourne on a number of airlines. It's 5 hours direct to Perth and 7.5 hours direct to Melbourne. If he went straight to Melbourne, as people are suggesting, it's just a simple 'up yours' to those who bought tickets in Perth.

Flying from Singapore - direct flights to Perth or Melbourne on a number of airlines. It's 5 hours direct to Perth and 7.5 hours direct to Melbourne. If he went straight to Melbourne, as people are suggesting, it's just a simple 'up yours' to those who bought tickets in Perth.
Yes but he flew from Tokyo to Singaopre, so he could get to Perth. But he must've changed his mind at Singapore, probably due to his fear of flying or tiredness. But if he started the tour in in Sydney or Melbourne, it would have been much easier to get there from Tokyo compared to Perth.
So my point was if Morrissey and his management knew that he doesn't like changing flights ect then why the hell did they start the Australian tour in Perth? Terrible management from Moz and the team.
Again i'm not making excuses for him, its terrible what he did, but I think if he and his management planned it better, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Then booking tickets to Moz is really rolling the dice. It's not like we don't know this. You decide if the thrill of the performance is worth the risk. It's a bit like travelling to watch your team play not knowing if it will be a 20 goal drubbing. If you do travel and book for Melbourne, Cruel Sea are playing Honeymon is Over the two nights before SPM at the Palais- hedge your bets!
I'm in the UK and would probably travel anywhere here to see him. I've never heard of Cruel Sea - will have to look them up. You're right about deciding whether to go or not; it depends on the amount of emotion attached to seeing him perform and the love you still have for him. Love that he seems determined to diminish.

....i know Morrissey looms large over all proceedings....but surely he must have a figurehead in a 'management' t-shirt?
Noone likes the (tour) manager, and he's made it very obvious he's a dipshit who couldn't manage to organise a piss up in a brewery.

Edit: actually, that might be one of the FEW things he could organise, come to think of it.

I could understand this sentiment if he didn't have a long history of absurd cancellations, but this is Morrissey we're talking about, who has a long, long history of cancelled concerts.

As for you, Gordy, you're really so sycophantic that Morrissey could murder one of your relatives in cold blood right in front of you and you'd still swear on a Bible in front of jury of your peers and defend him.
i actually have a few relatives who need bumped off,if you know any hitmen on the dark web could you get me their number.
i said in my post that he should retire,hardly the words of a sycophant.

Morrissey no longer actually fears flying. He doesn't particularly care for it but he isn't afraid of it anymore. He's done it far too often.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom