Perth Cancelled

Very disappointing to receive notification of cancellation 8hrs before the Perth Australia show, which has been sold out for months. "Unforeseen circumstances" hours before a gig is really not good enough, particularly with people travelling for the concert. Pissed off is one way to describe the situation.

Screenshot from an anonymous person:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out this breakdown: https://weheartmusic.typepad.com/blog/morrissey-canceled-dates.html

If you take this site/citation at its word, this tour is at 43% cancellation rate. Some tours were outright cancelled, resulting in 100% rate.
Whoevr put this together, did an impressive job.
Somehow I have been lucky with 2 cancellations out of 20.

Good luck to you. If he’s in Melbourn now then there’s still a good
chance that he’ll make it to Sidney.

But why would he fly from Melbourne to Brisbane and then return to Sidney?

Last edited:
Ha ha wait for Karen, Ketamine (whatever their names are now on this forum) and the half-wit 15-year old Spanish-speaking fan ja ja ja Mozi :). They can defend Morrissey no matter what.

They are strangely absent?

2013?
But at least there were (serious) health issues then.
Ah, yes, let's all hope for health issues so that our need for an explanation for the cancellation of shows we wouldn't be going to anyway will be satisfied.
The state of these clowns on here

We've reached the point where it's no more complicated than 'still drunk, slept in, can't be arsed' on a regular basis.
But honestly it's understandable, at 64, to not want to work.
If only there was a way he could get his pension without having to pretend to tour!

Huge sympathy for those who had tickets.
On a wider scale, I really hope the women in the band stick with him but presumably this hurts the band financially. Here's hoping the other Australian dates go ahead.

as usual people on here jumping to conclusions,how would anyone on here know that he didnt want to fly to perth,if someone would like to explain this i would be delighted to hear it.
it is a boot in the baws for anyone who was going,i would rather he just retired as he has plenty of cash and the recording industry wont offer him a deal anytime soon,the days of being true to yourself are gone just ask john cleese and graham linehan.

I could understand this sentiment if he didn't have a long history of absurd cancellations, but this is Morrissey we're talking about, who has a long, long history of cancelled concerts.

As for you, Gordy, you're really so sycophantic that Morrissey could murder one of your relatives in cold blood right in front of you and you'd still swear on a Bible in front of jury of your peers and defend him.

And we just can't stress, oh, how more the mess
And complete distress won't make much difference to us
- Morrissey

Cracking show. To me, the set list and performance as a whole is more satisfying than Dallas.
Some great shows in '91, was at Hammersmith but on a seat and right up the back. Best one was the Kilburn night, met Nigel Lewis from The Meteors and Suggs and Alan Winstanley, told Alan that Kill Uncle was great regardless of all the negativity, i was very drunk but he was very gracious. Great venue, Kilburn.
The only disappointing show for me in '91 was Wembley, hadnt seen him since '86 and was so looking forward to it but it lacked excitement in my view, sound problems etc.

it's really impossible for even the hugest fans to defend the things he does.
certainly ridiculous how often shows are cancelled. made all the worse by the lack of sensible (or any) explanations.

You say this, but spineless, pathetic, English gordyboy will defend him no matter what.

I have no idea what is really behind these cancellations but what is obvious from space is that his heart isn't in it anymore. He doesn't care enough to give a basic acknowledgement, he doesn't mind if it's obvious he doesn't care, it's nothing but going through the motions.

First of all this isn't me making excuses for Morrissey. He makes it so hard on his fans

But as an Australian, whoever organised this tour is crazy and didn't plan it well. Especially considering he hates flying.

For those non Australians, Perth is the biggest and pretty much only City on the west coast of Australia. Its a three to five hour flight away from cities on the east. Also one way international flights. into Perth arnet as common as Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. So its not as easy to get to compared to the other main cites. So I think whoever planned this tour, clearly wasn't thinking straight.

And if it is true that Morrissey decided to fly straight into Melbourne cause it was "one way" then it again begs the question why they decided to start in Perth?

Then goes for the other dates, if he does them all, he will start at the bottom in Melbourne, fly all the way up North to Brisbane, back down again to Sydney and then all the way from Sydney to NZ. Similar thing with the asia dates.

Its just so disappointing from Moz and his team. Especially since it sounds like the reason for the cancellation was because Perth was harder and longer to get to compared to Melbourne and other places.

Are there any reports of him being in Melbourne yet?

First of all this isn't me making excuses for Morrissey. He makes it so hard on his fans

But as an Australian, whoever organised this tour is crazy and didn't plan it well. Especially considering he hates flying.

For those non Australians, Perth is the biggest and pretty much only City on the west coast of Australia. Its a three to five hour flight away from cities on the east. Also one way international flights. into Perth arnet as common as Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. So its not as easy to get to compared to the other main cites. So I think whoever planned this tour, clearly wasn't thinking straight.

And if it is true that Morrissey decided to fly straight into Melbourne cause it was "one way" then it again begs the question why they decided to start in Perth?

Then goes for the other dates, if he does them all, he will start at the bottom in Melbourne, fly all the way up North to Brisbane, back down again to Sydney and then all the way from Sydney to NZ. Similar thing with the asia dates.

Its just so disappointing from Moz and his team. Especially since it sounds like the reason for the cancellation was because Perth was harder and longer to get to compared to Melbourne and other places.

Same with Asia and South America.

The reason is the quality of the work. The cancellations are just a known risk. Don't travel far to see him, don't book a hotel overnight, sure, but the worst to happen otherwise is a ticket refund.
It ties in too. Great artists are rarely healthy, stable people… we are lucky he has a reasonably healthy lifestyle for his age and it’s still physically possible to see him at all. He clearly needs rest, the schedules often make no sense with long travel in mere days, frustrating for fans who have to approach concert happening or not as a lottery, but anything seems logistically off.. it’s a good enough sign.

Funny that Robert Smith is getting a mention as The Cure and The Smiths were the cornerstone of my musical education in the early 90’s. At 17 The Wish show in 1991 completely blew me away as it showed me how a live show could affect people, Moz’s Kill Uncle show at the Perth Concert Hall later that year was cancelled.

My wife and I just got back from blowing all our savings to go and see The Cure in Mexico City as no Australian dates have been booked and to see Robert shuffling around the stage at the start of the show looking at the crowd and appearing to be genuinely thankful was heartwarming. So to see Moz a few days later singing songs from his entire career (my wife and I met through our mutual love of The Smiths in the mid 90’s) would’ve been pretty special, especially as we had a moral dilemma about buying tickets due to his politics but it was going to be all about the music for us. We even joked earlier in the day that he still had time to cancel but after Tokyo seemed to go well then we really were just joking. So after this cancellation and hearing from the venue that he decided to skip Perth, whose show sold out in a few hours, to get to Melbourne earlier is a real kick in nuts from Moz. We‘ll still have his music but to us the man is now completely irrelevant. See ya Moz, hopefully you find something that makes you happy as touring doesn’t seem to be it.

Apologies for the melodramatic spiel! Silver lining is the refund for the decidedly not cheap tickets will help pay for a bunch of shows next year that I currently can’t afford!

I don't buy into "My uncles cousins barbers dogwalker overheard a muffled conversation in a toilet cubicle in Singapore" kind of hearsay
Really? Your uncle's cousin's barber's dogwalker has never been wrong before! Why the change of heart?

Thanks for laying out the geography. It’s obvious that Morrissey has complete dunderheads in charge of the logistics. I have to think he loves the chaos and the drama. He doesn’t give a care about the audience, all the little people who support him, everyone is at his beck and call. Hope everyone wakes up and stops supporting his nonsense.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom