Morrissey Central "NEW GUITARIST" (April 13, 2023)

Carmen Vandenberg (below) will play guitars with Jesse Tobias in the new
line-up for Morrissey's forthcoming July concerts in Israel, Ireland and Britain.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
No explanation for Boz's departure.

No explanation for Alain's departure now or in 2004 either.

This is a very sad day. Alain is the best musician Morrissey has worked with since Viva Hate.

Not good enough, Moz.

Well, gosh! I wouldn’t be surprised to see other replacements announced soon. This won’t sit well with anyone other than Tobias. Can we get a refund on our tickets?
You are correct (judging from similar past occurrences). Alain probably isn't the only one that has left. Mozzer is letting it all go to shite. Jessie should be the one to go. He's a dud. Mediocre at best. Where do we get refunds? Alain Whyte!!!!

NormallyBoz would have recruited new musicians into the band.
Wonder who recruited her ?

Sad about Alain. Where Moz is concerned it's usually a falling out.
If you visit her Instagram page you might notice the “followed by 8stitches9lives”

Seem Jesse has been a fan for a while and she’s now at a loose end on the back off Jeff Becks passing. She seems an odd choice though, just from a guitar style perspective, much more rock that I’d expect to play in the Morrissey band.

Last edited:
Boz & Lyn are living a retirement lifestyle with extremely vulnerable parents, a bad post-covid time for themselves and then eventually getting to live out their 'grandparents' roll when they could see Billie etc - why exactly should that be a problem for Morrissey fans? There is no aspect of the Boorer's behaviour that relates to animosity towards Morrissey - why would that need 'explanation' to anyone other than those actually concerned?
FWD.

Boz & Lyn are living a retirement lifestyle with extremely vulnerable parents, a bad post-covid time for themselves and then eventually getting to live out their 'grandparents' roll when they could see Billie etc - why exactly should that be a problem for Morrissey fans? There is no aspect of the Boorer's behaviour that relates to animosity towards Morrissey - why would that need 'explanation' to anyone other than those actually concerned?
FWD.
Maybe not an explanation but 'goodbye, thank you Boz' or some kind of acknowledgement after 30 years would have been nice. He just disappeared and nobody said a thing, it's bizarre. With Morrissey's history, it's hardly unusual for fans to wonder what happened.

Will this be these be the first gigs (other than Wolverhampton) not to feature any member of the Your Arsenal Band?
Maybe the lack of label changes the financial structure of the live set up?. Or perhaps one or more members prefer not to play in Israel?

He just disappeared to YOU. How Morrissey & Boz dealt with each other is unknown and does not automatically mean or deserve a public explanation for other people's satisfaction.
FWD.

No explanation for Matt Walker (or his brother Saul ) leaving either after he’d been with Moz for many many years …best drummer he’s had touring for along time
Brendan seems nice and is fine , but not nearly as dynamic
Yawn…

He just disappeared to YOU. How Morrissey & Boz dealt with each other is unknown and does not automatically mean or deserve a public explanation for other people's satisfaction.
FWD.
Not just to me, to thousands of fans who've followed Morrissey for years, bought his music and enjoyed Boz' contributions as a songwriter and guitarist. I'm not 'demanding an explanation' from anybody at all, I'm just saying that not even seeing a "goodbye" does look strange - especially from a man who eulogised his cat on his website for Christ's sake. You're being massively shitty and defensive because you clearly know more about Boz' story than many, and that's fair enough but you're still out of order. Anybody disappearing from a live line-up after such a long time would raise eyebrows - whether it's Boz or Alain or whoever - and asking questions or wondering why M doesn't acknowledge it is not a f***ing crime.

Any guitarists out there ever say to themselves "I think I'll learn a Jesse Tobias riff today" ?

Thought not. Total dud of a guitar player, nothing memorable or original has emerged from his fingers that I can recall.

Well, what weirdest moves in el.team Moz, now Alain? Boz left and neither he nor Morrissey said anything, they were together so long that it's amazing that M didn't fire him on stage so that fans who love Boz say goodbye and say thank you and see you forever...... It is disrespectful that they have never given the slightest explanation... people wanted to know where Boz was, if he was okay. well something, and now Alain ... This is exhausting. What are you doing Moz??????

I noticed that Alain Whyte (alainwhytemusic) has liked Johnny Marr’s two most recent Instagram posts, that Johnny posted in the last 24 hours. That probably got him excommunicated / fired from M Squad. :gun: :guitar:

I noticed that Alain Whyte (alainwhytemusic) has liked Johnny Marr’s two most recent Instagram posts, that Johnny posted in the last 24 hours. That probably got him excommunicated / fired from M Squad. :gun: :guitar:

You should pay better attention. Alain has done similar for many years.
FWD.

Not just to me, to thousands of fans who've followed Morrissey for years, bought his music and enjoyed Boz' contributions as a songwriter and guitarist. I'm not 'demanding an explanation' from anybody at all, I'm just saying that not even seeing a "goodbye" does look strange - especially from a man who eulogised his cat on his website for Christ's sake. You're being massively shitty and defensive because you clearly know more about Boz' story than many, and that's fair enough but you're still out of order. Anybody disappearing from a live line-up after such a long time would raise eyebrows - whether it's Boz or Alain or whoever - and asking questions or wondering why M doesn't acknowledge it is not a f***ing crime.
The word 'demanding' doesn't feature in my post - was that an attempt at a quote?
'Shitty and defensive' & 'out of order' - dear God. Invest more time focusing on constructing better arguments.
The main "crime" here is poor critical thinking skills.
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom