Morrissey Central "NEW GUITARIST" (April 13, 2023)

Carmen Vandenberg (below) will play guitars with Jesse Tobias in the new
line-up for Morrissey's forthcoming July concerts in Israel, Ireland and Britain.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
It just baffles me how M can not be in the know of this situation, especially if he and Alain and Gustavo are still "on good terms". Who is this Donnie guy having seemingly that much power? Has he dirt on M, is he his mental guru? I can not imagine a scenario where someone not being the boss can cause that much damage.

It just baffles me how M can not be in the know of this situation, especially if he and Alain and Gustavo are still "on good terms". Who is this Donnie guy having seemingly that much power? Has he dirt on M, is he his mental guru? I can not imagine a scenario where someone not being the boss can cause that much damage.
Who’s to say he isn’t in the know. He surely is aware at least that there was a problem between Alain (and Gustavo, and maybe other band members?) and Donnie. Alain and Gustavo must have told him, they must have told him why they were quitting at the very least.
My guess is they probably asked for Donnie to be removed and Moz wouldn’t do it so they quit.

No doubt he also has heard a different version of events from Donnie, than from Alain/Gus.

Who knows why Moz won’t fire him. Maybe he considers the guy a friend. Maybe he manages too many things for him that he feels he cannot easily replace him. Maybe he wanted to avoid the conflict and wanted them all to sort it out on their own.

Last edited:
Yeah, it’s just that I do think M notices changes since Boz left. But it may be that he’s going along with others decisions out of trust, and simply because, it was too close to make huge changes with the upcoming shows approaching. Though, it seems from Alain’s comment that tour management is more to blame. We’ll see what happens after, and what changes, if any, will be made.

At the same time, I've been genuinely impressed with what the tour manager achieves on quite a few occasions. Imagine the logistics of organising scattered dates and all that goes with that and considering band changes, record issues and so on. You have to hand that to him.

Who’s to say he isn’t in the know. He surely is aware at least that there was a problem between Alain (and Gustavo, and maybe other band members?) and Donnie. Alain and Gustavo must have told him, they must have told him why they were quitting at the very least.
My guess is they probably asked for Donnie to be removed and Moz wouldn’t do it so they quit.

No doubt he also has heard a different version of events from Donnie, than from Alain/Gus.

Who knows why Moz won’t fire him. Maybe he considers the guy a friend. Maybe he manages too many things for him that he feels he cannot easily replace him. Maybe he wanted to avoid the conflict and wanted them all to sort it out on their own.

Remember seein' this Tony Wilson interview and Tony talks
about how when ya deal with business with Moz, ya deal
directly with Moz. (6:45)
Pretty sure Moz is aware of what's goin' on.

‘Temporary’ tour manager? Does Alain know something we don’t? Or is it wishful thinking.
Maybe Alain is implying this tour manager isn't permanent. Maybe the contract could end sometime and someone else could step in? Someone who is a bit less contentious.
IanFaith.jpg

I know lots of folks are simping because she's female, but I've not been blown away by the new guitarist so far. Her arrangement on 'Stop Me if You Think You've Heard This One Before' is particularly thin - she spends half the song either playing nothing or minimal lead lines, while Jesse and the new keyboard player (who switches to guitar on this track) do 95% of the work.

Of course. Will have something to offer asap.

For now, I can only confirm that Alain did in fact resign recently. He completely enjoyed playing with the band and LOVED playing for the fans. Sincerely loved it again! You could literally ask anyone in both the crew and band and they would all tell you they enjoyed having him as much as he enjoyed being there. However, it became increasingly clear that he could no longer exist in the setup under current “management”. He (and several others) raised the same issues that have apparently been going on long before his return. Alain saw no way of continuing on once it became obvious things would not change. While disappointed, he appreciates all of the kind words and is happy to have been a part of, what has been repeated over and over here and elsewhere, “the best band Morrissey has had in a very long time”.
Will have more at time point. Thanks everyone ❤️
Total lie . Straight from the mouth of Alain’s Waylon Smithers. He was fired. Alain never willingly walk away from the only thing that’s boosts his “brand”. He waited 18 years to come back. Out for good this time.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom