Morrissey Central "NEW GUITARIST" (April 13, 2023)

Carmen Vandenberg (below) will play guitars with Jesse Tobias in the new
line-up for Morrissey's forthcoming July concerts in Israel, Ireland and Britain.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Well. Shite. The last time I saw Alain was in Dublin Castle for his final Quarry concert with Moz. Was so looking forward to seeing him again in Dublin. He's been such a stellar songwriter and guitarist for Moz. Hopefully he'll be back again.

It's a pity Moz (or whoever posted that news) speaks like a telegram from the 1800s wild west. A bit of context and clarification would help avoid people like me wondering if Alain is gone gone or just off to Redundant Beach for a small break.

Last edited:
It’s hardly a coincidence that the recent reintroduction of Alain Whyte into the Morrissey fold resulted in several great new songs being debuted. His live contribution made the band sound on really top form and it’ll be a shame if he has indeed left at the behest of his employer, Morrissey Temping Agency.

The plot thickens.... It has an air of finality to my ears.

I imagine money and co-writing credits may have something to do with it? Plus ca' change.

Who knows? A shame really, the fanbase like Alain.

The word 'demanding' doesn't feature in my post - was that an attempt at a quote?
'Shitty and defensive' & 'out of order' - dear God. Invest more time focusing on constructing better arguments.
The main "crime" here is poor critical thinking skills.
FWD.
My argument was perfectly clear. I made a reasonable point that a 'goodbye' for Boz would have been nice and that a lack of a goodbye looked strange - as did others, it seems - and you jumped down my throat with some nonsense about fans thinking they 'deserve a public explanation', when nobody had said anything of the kind. Nor had anybody implied animosity between Boz and Moz. Yes, you were defensive, and unreasonable and damn out of order for a moderator.

It’s hardly a coincidence that the recent reintroduction of Alain Whyte into the Morrissey fold resulted in several great new songs being debuted. His live contribution made the band sound on really top form and it’ll be a shame if he has indeed left at the behest of his employer, Morrissey Temping Agency.
Well it is a coincidence because we haven’t heard a single new Alain composition. He was nowhere near the bonfire songs and the stuff off of the new album we’ve heard has been written by Jesse and Gustavo.

Well it is a coincidence because we haven’t heard a single new Alain composition. He was nowhere near the bonfire songs and the stuff off of the new album we’ve heard has been written by Jesse and Gustavo.
Assuming WMTWD surfaces, then there's Alain's work on: Boulevard, Notre-Dame, Happy New Tears & The Monsters of Pig Alley waiting to be heard.
FWD.

Not just to me, to thousands of fans who've followed Morrissey for years, bought his music and enjoyed Boz' contributions as a songwriter and guitarist...
There was a pandemic messing everything up. Usual formalities widely suffered.

Assuming WMTWD surfaces, then there's Alain's work on: Boulevard, Notre-Dame, Happy New Tears & The Monsters of Pig Alley waiting to be heard.
FWD.
Fully aware of that. I was responding to the post that said “reintroduction of Alain Whyte into the Morrissey fold resulted in several great new songs being debuted” When actually no new Alain songs have made their debut just yet.

I hope we do hear them soon, Alain is a great loss in my opinion.

Maybe this is just a temporary thing with Carmen, maybe she is here to fill a gap as she seems to have her own interests and busy schedule, maybe alain just couldn’t commit. Alain’s Instagram still says guitarist and songwriter for Morrissey.

As others have pointed out we have yet to hear any of Alain's co-writes... but I absolutely agree about his impact on the live shows. If Alain is gone again (which we don't know as fact)... it's a massive loss.

Wonder if @dneuer has any insight he might be able to share on any of this drama?

Last edited by a moderator:
✂️Snip
I hope we do hear them soon, Alain is a great loss in my opinion.

✂️Snip
Agree.
The new EP bit re: Alain I posted earlier was assumed to be during the tour hiatus until July. Should it prove permanent given the positive posts from all the band over that recording session, it will be very sad indeed.
Given Brendan's continual workload & Juan's other band too - I'd guess there's more than one change afoot.
FWD.

Oh no. The return of Alain was one of the only bits of good news we've had in the whole Morrissey world in recent times. Please don't let this be more than a temporary departure (although I fear the worst).

This might sound prematurely daft but I'm not looking forward to the Moz Dublin concert now. It's like someone pissed on the birthday cake. Even though your wan might be great I wanted Alain.

Oh no. The return of Alain was one of the only bits of good news we've had in the whole Morrissey world in recent times. Please don't let this be more than a temporary departure (although I fear the worst).
You'd be smart to do so, Moz can't get out of his own way.

Back
Top Bottom