Morrissey Central "NEW GUITARIST" (April 13, 2023)

Carmen Vandenberg (below) will play guitars with Jesse Tobias in the new
line-up for Morrissey's forthcoming July concerts in Israel, Ireland and Britain.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, gosh! I wouldn’t be surprised to see other replacements announced soon. This won’t sit well with anyone other than Tobias. Can we get a refund on our tickets?

with Jeff Beck

Interesting. You'd imagine it was temporary for those gigs but it's worded in a very ambiguous way.

During lockdown, Alain was working on new solo material which became the 'Tell Me' EP. He sent some of this material to Moz just before he re-joined the band, so I'm guessing that a lot of the "new Alain co-writes" are actually those solo demos given a sprinkle of Mozzer magic. Given the current label shitshow and no prospect of release for either Bonfire or Without Music, I wonder if Alain has just 'withdrawn' his material / decided to use it for solo purposes after all? Who knows.

NormallyBoz would have recruited new musicians into the band.
Wonder who recruited her ?

Sad about Alain. Where Moz is concerned it's usually a falling out.

NormallyBoz would have recruited new musicians into the band.
Wonder who recruited her ?

Sad about Alain. Where Moz is concerned it's usually a falling out.
So soon, though? Alain has hardly been back a year, and he must have known the situation he was walking into re: the albums.

Does this mean instead of Alain? Even if so, it doesn't necessarily mean Alain is out again.... maybe just not available for those dates.
For what reasons, my friend?
Recording a new EP? Come on!
"See you in Dublin" says it all.

Last edited:
If Alain is out, that is awful, he was potentially the best thing to happen to Morrissey since uh... Alain left last time

Well, gosh! I wouldn’t be surprised to see other replacements announced soon. This won’t sit well with anyone other than Tobias. Can we get a refund on our tickets?
Yea please give you a refund, how does everyone know its Alain could maybe be Juan Galeano or am i missing something

M Central , in all it's disgusting glory . Again and again , we have to guess everything. What is true and what is an illusion. Just like with the home of Pele o_O

Wow! I've always wanted Morrissey to take in a female musician. Sexist of me! Sad to see Alain go though.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom