Morrissey Rescues Collapsed Elderly Woman In NYC Bookstore, The New York Observer

Why laden it with shit Morrissey puns and references that don't even relate, its almost like a parody of a story from Viz comic

It is kind of a "slow news day" story, and "rescue" is too strong of a word, but the story, overall, sounds believable to me. It's nice.
:)

Last edited:
It is kind of a "slow news day" story, and "rescue" is too strong of a word, but the story, overall, sounds believable to me. It's nice.
:)

Yes.. he was really really gentle.
I think people guess Morrissey is a brute - what he's not to be.

Just like Superman - save the day, and quietly leave the scene.

How did he save the day? He went over to see if she was okay, as any decent human being would...this is a non-story.

How did he save the day? He went over to see if she was okay, as any decent human being would...this is a non-story.

I think there is an unspoken emphasis on the belief that Morrissey is not a decent human being. :o

It's no fun to pass out, I bet the lady was very relieved someone ran to help her. :o

'Unlikely simaritan' - someone collapsed and he went to see if she was ok. if someone collapsed next to you and was the only one around, just standing there would be unlikely.

Excuse me Amy, but this dear girl is a wonderful story. One person helping another and providing an example of what we all should think of more often. So much us made of things when Moz says a no-no. So come on, give credit where it is due friends. Suffice to say Morrissey is a gentleman and never rude. m&d

Could they have used more references to MOZ song titles? Stop me if you think you've heard this one before, but the journalist really painted a vulgar picture.

I think there is an unspoken emphasis on the belief that Morrissey is not a decent human being. :o
Hey Mcrickson, I think you raise an interesting point. The narrative has been that Moz is a bit of a git, and he has done very little to encourage thinking otherwise. Consequently this rather trivial event is a bit good news. Here he was presented with a real event and he acted honourably.
Nevertheless, where's the freakin' new album?

Back
Top Bottom