Morrissey concert in Auckland, NZ - cancelled

The Auckland show in two nights time has been cancelled. This was to be the last concert of the current tour.

Information from the promoter:

This event has been CANCELLED...

Morrissey: 40 Years of Morrissey
on Thursday 14 December at The Civic has been cancelled.

A message from the presenter:

“We regret to advise the Morrissey: 40 Years of Morrissey show scheduled for Thursday 14 December at The Civic, Auckland will no longer be proceeding due to unforeseen logistical issues. Thank you for your patience and understanding."
All ticket holders will receive an automatic refund as per the information below.

Media items:

(y)

Yes, it is always a choice. But some here on solo think Morrissey is holding a gun to people’s heads forcing them to make the ‘bad’ decisions they make. Lol!
I’d say the one making bad decisions is Morrissey.

Everybody knows "Shout to the top". Not everybody knows "There is a light...".
For me, Weller is more popular and nevertheless he is clever enough not to tour the most exotic places because he thinks everybody wants to see him.
Even more people know Everyday is Like Sunday and How Soon Is Now.

For me, Weller is more popular and nevertheless he is clever enough not to tour the most exotic places because he thinks everybody wants to see him.
In your own German bubble, maybe :)

His most popular song is Town Called Malice, which isn’t even close to the popularity of This Charming Man, How Soon is Now of There Is a Light That Never Goes out.

You vastly underestimate The Smiths’, and Morrissey’s, worldwide popularity.

Weller doesn’t visit those ‘exotic places’ because there is very little demand for him there.

I was at Weller last year and it was a snooze fest. He ruined Wildwood by duetting with a local gimp and overall Weller self-indulged on his newer crappier songs. I've seen him twice now and he's getting progressively worse. Regressively worse? I wouldn't be arsed a third time, whereas I'll always go to Moz so long as it's in my country.

I was at Weller last year and it was a snooze fest. He ruined Wildwood by duetting with a local gimp and overall Weller self-indulged on his newer crappier songs. I've seen him twice now and he's getting progressively worse. Regressively worse? I wouldn't be arsed a third time, whereas I'll always go to Moz so long as it's in my country.
Be mellow on the new Weller tracks. He's a Modernist, always looking forward, man!

In your own German bubble, maybe :)

His most popular song is Town Called Malice, which isn’t even close to the popularity of This Charming Man, How Soon is Now of There Is a Light That Never Goes out.

You vastly underestimate The Smiths’, and Morrissey’s, worldwide popularity.

Weller doesn’t visit those ‘exotic places’ because there is very little demand for him there.
Malice maybe still big in the UK and I can imagine you clutching milk bottles to your heart but STTT was a worldwide hit. Be cool. Be an Internationalist till the walls come tumbling down.

I saw Weller for the first time about five years back, and I agree—it would’ve put a packet of Diazepam to sleep.

Tony you’re being kind here. 4 Asian shows bit the bullet in addition to Perth and now Auck. Maybe he’s still got a reoccurrence of the Mexican dengue.

I think the better bet next year would be to go and watch Viva Drake cover Quarry than take a punt on Morrissey.
And one in Nottingham.

At this point I'm inclined to think the Latin American leg will not happen as scheduled.

Shout to the top: 31 Mio plays on Spotify
There is a Light; 497 Mio plays on Spotify

Kinda off topic, kinda not. I just got a ticket to see THE THE for next year. Marr's finest post-Smiths work was with THE THE, in my exalted opinion. Mind Bomb and Dusk.

Shout to the top: 31 Mio plays on Spotify
There is a Light; 497 Mio plays on Spotify
Sven, wer 68 geboren wurde, sollte doch bitte nicht mit Streamzahlen argumentieren. It's all about vinyl sales and radio plays, Bruder.

Last edited:
But surely discussing the doings and misdoings of a person we all love and have loved for decades can’t be ‘sad’? Surely you would find it quite natural to discuss disappointments as well the positives relating to someone we all have invested a lot of time, feelings and money in? Like I said to you elsewhere, the purpose is not to change Morrissey (which you seem to come back to time and again).

I don’t know how you can call it ‘discussing’. Name calling and judgments based on speculation, is not what I call for a fair or civil discussion about a person who is a stranger to most. Sad? yes, definitely. There are a handful of sad specimens, such as Gaylord who is on a downvoting spree simply because he knows I’m right.

A balm for disappointed NZ Moz fans: THE THE is (are?) coming to Auckland and then Oz in November 2024. I'd love that.

a Mind Balm ?

sorry, couldn’t resist.

But yeah, Marr’s best work with TT, since then and more recently, his solo offerings, are simply easy listening music.

Back
Top Bottom