'I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris'-Exclusive First Play

Ok try this http://www.sendspace.com/file/8zqv6r

I'm not a sound engineer - it's just a record and paste job - inane banter before for about 50 secs. Then the song. Then Bruce saying Morrissey just gets better and better...

Enjoy

Thank you!!!!!!!!!! :D

I love this song. :sweet: Merry Christmas to us! :D I love this song live and couldn't wait to hear the studio version. Thought I wouldn't be able to hear it until after work so this has made my day. :)

Can't wait to walk into Tower Records to buy CD1 & 2. It's a ritual -- and the only time I go to brick and mortar shops to buy shiny objects.

I must say it wasnt a particular favourite of mine from this years gigs. But, I heard it on the radio this morning and it sounded fantastic.

Very much a grower, very much a good Morrissey single.

Lets see if the Radio actually play it again.

By the way, for those using iTunes you can right click on the track, choose "get info" and under "options" enter a start time (0:47) and stop time (3:13) to automatically skip the talk. I'm sure someone will upload a clean edit, but anyway...

By the way, for those using iTunes you can right click on the track, choose "get info" and under "options" enter a start time (0:47) and stop time (3:13) to automatically skip the talk. I'm sure someone will upload a clean edit, but anyway...

I just have on the other page

Definitely sounds like a classic to me

Finn's production was more restrained than on THPGU, so that's a good thing. Morrissey's vocal was extremely confident - nice ending. The only thing I would have changed is maybe bringing the clarinet up in the mix.

Thanks to all who recorded and/or edited!

Cheers,
Jamie

Thank you Dave!

Instrumentation sounded lovely, but was it just me or was there something up with Morrissey's 'S' sounds ? I was listening on analogue FM with clear reception so I don't think it was the signal, but every time Moz sang 'abscence', 'stone', 'steel', 'smiling face', etc, it sounded like he'd had his face panned in and was singing through a handful of teeth! It was shlurring or dishtortion or shomething. Am I off me head ? He sounded like a 70 year old!

It's because of the low bitrate (64kbps) of the recording, not because he's really sounding like a geezer. The lossless version won't sound like this.

Thanks mozsupportsrovers for the edited version - I wanted to do the original asap as I've was on my way out to watch my daughter's carol concert. To have just the song is great.

I'm dissapionted that no one laughed at my joke calling the full track "I'm throwing my arms around Ken Bruce" :(

Dave

sui generis

i fuc**** love it!!...good studio version..nice vocals..catchy melody..great choice..bravo!!!

Back
Top Bottom