'I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris'-Exclusive First Play

Oh I can't wait to hear this. I had resisted the temptation of listening to the new songs on youtube until only a couple of days ago. This is a beautiful song, as is One day goodbye will be farewell.

I really think YOR is going to be a great album.

Has anyone else noticed how Ken Bruce always puts on a really long song around quarter to 11 most mornings? I suspect he is a man of habit and has an appointment at the aforementioned time! Listen out pop pickers.

I didn't like this song to begin with, but the more ive heard it live the more ive come to love it...
wish it could've been 'premiered' on Russells show, *sighs*

Not sure it'll get high in the chart, but who cares about that?
*except moz ;)*

I'm not doubting its authenticity, becasue I have no reason to say it's real or not, but I do note some strange artefacts around the "Morrissey" name. Probably being paranoid.

Peter

Last edited:
No, I don't blame you for being suspicious. It could quite easily be a fake. I think it's quite well done if it is and usually I find fan created covers horribly amateur. I assumed it was genuine because I've never seen that picture before, but you could be right.

And actually if you look at that site in a bit more detail, it does seem a bit dodgy.

Well we've never seen that photo before now (seemingly from the same shoot as the Hot Press interview). It may just be a low quality version.

I place my money on the cover being real. I think it's marvelous. :cool:

It looks real-ish to me. This is the filename: morrissey-paris-packshot_600x600_100kb.jpg. That's a pretty specific image naming scheme for a faker to bother with. And it's a very lo-res file, no surprise the font doesn't look its best.

The filename does kinda give it a little more credibilty.

If it is a fake, thanks to the faker for the unseen photo -- great shot of Moz. Nice shirt and jeans.

Did Morrissey steal one of Noel Edmond's shirts for that picture? :D

I don't know what is more exciting with this, the fact there will be a Morrissey song on the radio or the first hearing of a studio recording of this. Hearing Morrissey on the radio is a strange experience, get warm fuzzy feelings inside

Well, the record company have obviously given up on Radio 1! (They gave R1 the premier of THPGU).

In response to other posts, people generally quite like 'Paris' but it came last in our poll for first single (of all the ones we knew).
It's a pleasant dreamy song. R2 may A-list it but the crucial thing is Virgin/Absolute and Xfm who only give lots of spins (Xfm will play all his new stuff but not frequently) to the very best upbeat Moz songs and this ain't one of them.
Without support beyond R2, it may struggle to go top 10, which may mean the album won't reach 1.

Back
Top Bottom