'I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris'-Exclusive First Play

mozzette

Just got this email...

'I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris' - Exclusive First Play

Morrissey's brand new single 'Im Throwing My Arms Around Paris' gets its UK premiere on BBC Radio 2's The Ken Bruce Show at 10.05am Monday 22nd December.

Click here now to visit Ken Bruce's Radio 2 website for more information and to listen online.

The single will be in stores on 9th February, followed by Morrissey's new album, 'Years Of Refusal', released a week later on 16th February.

I suspect I'm in the minority, but I absolutely love this song. When I first got hold of a bootleg of one of the live performances, I played it to death. It's melodic, memorable, warm and charming. I think it'll do well in terms of air play and chart positioning.

:D Great! I'll get the podcast, if there's one!

Really looking forward to hearing the studio version. The lead guitar sound gorgeous.

I suspect I'm in the minority, but I absolutely love this song. When I first got hold of a bootleg of one of the live performances, I played it to death. It's melodic, memorable, warm and charming. I think it'll do well in terms of air play and chart positioning.

Oh my...I am like you, absolutely love that song. I cant stop playing it, I'm listening to it right now....its lovely! lol :)

btw I love you're signature....the Royal Albert teacup and saucer. Excellent! I actually have a royal albert set, and I drink my tea out of it, on the rare occasions that I do drink tea. I probably shouldn't admit such. lol :o

When I sing the line "I'm throwing my arms around" The word " You" keeps popping up and then

I end up in the middle of Moonriver..Strange.

You're not alone.
I love it! I know many that don't.;)

I'm hoping it pops up that day as a podcast. When do podcasts usually come up there - the day of the broadcast?

I'm hoping it pops up that day as a podcast. When do podcasts usually come up there - the day of the broadcast?

On most shows they don't have music on the podcast, probably for copyright reasons, I'm not sure whether it will be the case here.

I doubt iPlayer will work outside the U.K. so I think you'll have to wait until somebody rips it to MP3.

A Boz clarinet solo has been long over due. Am I right in thinking that Have a go merchant was the last time we heard it?

Next question is when do we get to see the video? A Paris theme perhaps?

I don't think you're in the minority -- fans generally agree it's a very pleasant song. The disagreements were about whether it should be the first single, or a single at all.

Based on the live performances I think it's a much too MOR to be a single. These days, Morrissey singles do better when they're punchy and catch listeners off guard and the lyrics are discussed in the press. Paris is a lovely tune but it won't do any of those things. Of course, I'm happy to be proven wrong!

Really looking forward to the studio version. Hope Boz' clarinet stays.

Ken Bruce has to be the most irratating DJ on the whole station.
Even worse than Steve Wright. Even worse than Wogan.
I cannot stand listening to the bloke prattle on... I think I'll wait for someone to copy it and post it on here...

Back
Top Bottom