I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris enters UK chart at number 21

"This week, physical sales stage a rally, mostly thanks to Morrissey whose fans bought only 2,607 digital copies of his new hit I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris but shelled out for 5,396 CDs and 1,974 7-inchers, placing the track at number 79 on the download chart but number one on the CD, 7-inch and overall physical charts."
So Morrissey, technically, has a Number One 'physical' single !
:clap:

It's all about sales, folks, and figures are

So Paris sold just under 10,000, which is really poor considering it being a lead-off single and it's huge airplay, by Morrissey standards.

It actually sold just about as much as the 2nd and 3rd singles off Ringleader.

It's really not very poor at all, it's just inevitable. Singles are incredibly hard to happen upon outside of the realm of the internet nowadays and Morrissey will never be a 'download artist' who children across the nation are rushing to put onto their mobile phones. If he wasn't #1 in the barren physical singles chart, then it could be considered very poor.

Last edited:
Who cares?

We all still love him.

Time for a group hug to raise morale.:sweet:

Not really a fan of the song.

I thought that Something is Squeezing my Skull would have been a smarter choice for a lead off single to promote the album.

I agree. Something is Squeezing my Skull should have been the lead off single with Paris as the second single.

I think this single charted exactly where I would have expected. It's not as strong as "IBEH" or "YHKM."

Back
Top Bottom