Could you be Morrissey's friend?

I think you've all proved that no Morrissey fan could be his friend because we all have too many preconceived notions about what we think he's like.

From the comments here there's no way you could treat him as a normal human being because you'd be waiting for him to be the thing you've already decided he is before you've even met him.

I just say something mean about Madonna and laugh at all his jokes.

I have some things in common, like being veggys and mildly pessimistic and some of the music we listen to. But the fact that I'm more than 10 steps lower in the stairs of fame and fortune, that would make a huge difference. Maybe if I was on the same intellectual level and in the same business as him, that would be a good beginning of a friendship. But I don't know, i think I'm too open-minded to him, I respect other people's views a lot and i dont really enjoy criticizing other people so maybe that would lead to some arguments. :p
Aw.. forgot the most important detail: I have a few decades less than him. :p

yes,i think i could be friends with him,i laugh at all his jokes,i`m sarcastic just as he is,but on the other hand maybe is not such a good idea cos i like him A LOT,having him near me could be dangerous,but yeah i want to be his friend ,but friend with benefits hahahahahaha :)

...but to a true friend that wouldn't or shouldn't matter, I have friends who are Tories but they are still my friends, just!!

Hahaha, same here. My best friend is obsessed with Boris Johnson, and yet I've managed to stay close to her. Still, there's another friend who constantly jokes about murdering me. So long as Morrissey didn't do that, I think I could be a good friend to him. I've a tendency to be a bit clingy, though.

One of the things I find quite interesting about the way Russell Brand talks to Morrissey is how he peppers the conversation with how in awe he is of him.

From Morrissey's perspective I'd imagine this might be flattering at first but get a bit tiring and wearing if you feel you have to live up to all that adoration.

This makes me think Russell doesn't really want to be Morrissey's friend, and this is a way of keeping him at arms length and not having a real relationship with him. Morrissey is on the pedestal and Russell is not letting him off.

I hope Morrissey meets people who do treat him normally sometimes. I'd hate to think everyone talks to him like Russell does.

I hope Morrissey meets people who do treat him normally sometimes. I'd hate to think everyone talks to him like Russell does.

People do that out of nervousness, I'm sure. How comfortable would you feel if you were talking music with Morrissey and you revealed you didn't know "Drive In Saturday", as happened to Tim from the NME? After about the sixth time Morrissey mentioned a song you'd never heard of, and peeked at his watch, I'm sure a torrent of obseqiousness would ensue.

Hopefully he peeks at his pocket watch.

What a stupid question. Who knows?

I never know if I'm going to get on with someone until a spend time with them.

This is almost as bad as the "what's Morrissey's favorite vegetable" thread.

Um, no.
I imagine it would be very difficult being friends with someone when all you can think of is kissing the nape of his neck. :o :p :)

Haha!! :D Yes, it wouldn't work out for me for this reason and for the simple fact that I would be utterly speechless staring into those blue eyes. A boring conversation to say the least.

Mozgrrl
I slept in your bed and despite your advances, I turned you down, purely on the basis of the team you support. Get over it, you tried and you failed.:cool:

Juikebox Jury

Oh SNAP! :eek:

What woman could resist your devilish charm, even if you ARE blue? :p

Back
Top Bottom