Could you be Morrissey's friend?

The Seeker of Good Songs

Could you qualify to be Morrissey's friend? Not many people remain close to him for very long. What are your qualifications to remain in the inner circle?

This has probably been discussed in the past but the thought came to me and a message in a different thread reminded me of it.

I couldn't. There'd be a personality clash of epic proportions. I'm neither someone he could look up to & worship, nor am I someone who'd kiss his ass. That pretty much sums up his inner circle, doesn't it?

You think Boz is an ass kisser?

I think I could. I could kiss his ass (no pun intended), why not... I like him far too much. If he wasn't a veggie and cared about animals, I wouldn't bother. But he does. I deserve to be able to kis someone's ass if I choose to.
I would nod about his favourite music and never tell him he's wrong. I would sit with him for endless hours when he's down and when he's not, I'd disect people with him over a cup of tea and I would leave when he wants me to.
Plus, I'm not curious (which I think works wonderfully for celebs) and I keep my word when I give it.

Now, with time I know I'd be compelled to tell him when he's wrong, I've found that I do that with people I care about. Then, they leave.

But, on the other hand, I know he wouldn't like me.

I really don't know. I like to think so but as I don't know the real Morrissey (who does?) that is a hard one to answer. I'm not a veggie, so that wouldn't be a very good start, but to a true friend that wouldn't or shouldn't matter, I have friends who are Tories but they are still my friends, just!!

Well, I'm not sure. I can be incredibly sarcastic, and according to my dad, I can be a bit mean. (Which is perfectly alright with me - means I can easily get a job at Ed Debevic's. I get PAID to be MEAN. And I'd deal with a lot of idiotic people if I worked there....AND I GET TO BE MEAN TO THEM. It's the perfect job for me until I get an actual decent job!)
But, I wouldn't ass kiss, cause...well, Morrissey can be a twat. He's not all perfect being, so I'd tell him if he's being asshat. Whether he likes it or not.

So, I'd either be friends with him a long time, or I'd be kicked out within a hour.

Personally, I think Moz NEEDS a good friend who'll tell him knock it off and quit being such a jerkoff. He's a bit like the Doctor. Like how Donna was telling him he needs someone to you know, knock it off and quit being so goddamn dangerous and trying to kill little spider babies.

Okay, now I'm just going off on a tanget...

sURE , ALSO I have not friends for very long. I do not think that it is for my fault
you think that TOBY's CLUB ALLOW GIRLS

I couldn't. There'd be a personality clash of epic proportions. I'm neither someone he could look up to & worship, nor am I someone who'd kiss his ass. That pretty much sums up his inner circle, doesn't it?

^^^^^^ :clap: That is all ye know on Earth, and all ye need to know.

EDIT: I'd add, to be fair, that aside from those reasons I just don't think Morrissey would like me. I wouldn't measure up. This I freely confess.

Last edited:
I'm sure we could be friends. Not the sort that live in each others pockets because that would drive me mad. I am a confirmed singleton and only like the company of other people who come to stay, for a max of 2 to 3 days in any one period.

Plus points: I am Moz's age, I am northern, I am veggie, I am outspoken, I don't particularly like people most of the time, much preferring the company of animals and nature, I get excited when I get a piece of vinyl - I smell it and touch it constantly - (CD's, I have but they leave me cold:sick:) I don't believe that people are meant to live together (a house each might work :D)

Minus points: I dont have even half his intelligence, I am not as well read as he is, I am musically bereft and last but not least I do not have his level of attractiveness.

The woman I am most jealous of in the whole world is Linder. Oh just to have Moz on the end of a phone line when you wanted, or to be able to meet up with him for a drink or veggie meal every now and then......oh pure bliss:):)

But the bottom line is who knows?? but I can dream can't I ??:(:(

The woman I am most jealous of in the whole world is Linder. Oh just to have Moz on the end of a phone line when you wanted, or to be able to meet up with him for a drink or veggie meal every now and then......oh pure bliss:):)

Same here. Worst thing is I like her! But I'm so envious!

You think Boz is an ass kisser?

In NO way do I think Boz is an ass kisser. He DID have his own band, The Polecats. I think he respects him certainly. But Boz is the type of person to do his own thing. I suspect he doesn't get that involved with Morrissey, unless it's something to do with music. what about Jesse Tobias?

I think I'd make a great friend for Morrissey. :) I'm a veggie, I have two super cute cats, I love to bake desserts, I love to laugh, I'm independent, opinionated, and honest. I have a really good heart too. Plus, I think he's the cutest man in the world, so I'm sure I'd tell him that all the time. :o

Back
Top Bottom