Morrissey Central "Bonfire of teenagers" (February 7, 2024)

Bonfire of teenagers

d3fa529138538c23d753d6aa2c653d890ee74f31.jpg

SER IG story:
sam_esty_rayner_photography-20240207-0001.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
He's in it only for the money. Present day Morrissey cannot write a decent song. I've said many times that pretty much anyone here can write better lyrics than the garbage that he has foisted upon us recently. Also, anyone who is far right is the opposite of intellectual. I wouldn't let you murderer loving cretins shine my shoes.

Ok. Let’s see yours.

Ok. Let’s see yours.
I'd be skeptical of AI but a friend of mine asked ChatGPT to write lyrics to an OMD song. I think the lyrics are brilliant (for an OMD song). Better than most modern (post Ringleader) lyrics.

# "Electric Dreams"

**Verse 1:**
In the neon glow of city streets,
Where circuits hum and secrets meet,
We dance to the rhythm of electric dreams,
Lost in the static, caught in the streams.

**Pre-Chorus:**
Binary hearts, zeros and ones,
Love encoded in lines of code,
Our souls entangled in digital seas,
Searching for meaning in encrypted nodes.

**Chorus:**
Electric dreams, sparks ignite,
We're the glitched echoes of the night,
Pixelated passion, bytes collide,
In this neon world, our love can't hide.

**Verse 2:**
Silicon whispers, encrypted desires,
Firewalls crumble, our connection inspires,
We're data rebels, defying the machine,
Creating our own universe unseen.

**Bridge:**
Error messages fade into the void,
As we rewrite our destiny line by line,
Our love, a subroutine of defiance,
Breaking free from the binary confines.

**Outro:**
And as the moonlight filters through the pixels,
We'll dance until the dawn reboots the sky,
Our love, an algorithmic symphony,
In this electric dream, forever entwined.

I'd be skeptical of AI but a friend of mine asked ChatGPT to write lyrics to an OMD song. I think the lyrics are brilliant (for an OMD song). Better than most modern (post Ringleader) lyrics.

# "Electric Dreams"

I’ll have to echo Nick here and say …

“A grotesque mockery of what it is to be human”​

but yes. I guess we’ll have to trust Johnnie he won’t cheat. Can we though?

I’ll have to echo Nick here and say …

“A grotesque mockery of what it is to be human”​

I think though it could be used by a human author to some effect - rather like using a 'cut up' technique? That's effectively what the bot is doing - regurgitating previous lyrics and styles.

Johnnie was gracious enough to send me a teaser of the song he’s writing. It starts off with:

Uh, uh.​
Yo, yo.​
Yeah, I got somethin’ to say.​
Lemme break it down …​

What a delusional man he has become. Such a sad state of affairs. He looks like an older man in a moomoo. I feel sorry for him, he is not well. To comment further would be piling on.

Just so we're clear, you saw the footage. He clearly was NOT assaulted. The worker did NOT kneel and touch his privates or lift up his moomoo and run a finger down his butt cleavage. Are you going to believe your own eyes or Morrissey? I am truly curious.

It's not hard to tell. The man lied. Period. Accept it. We should all take false allegations seriously and not with a grain of salt. It is reprehensible, the person is just trying to do their damn job.

Would be funny if not for the fact that we have people here who saw the security footage showing nothing out of the ordinary happened and then concluded, "it's hard to tell." This place is like a Stanford social experiment.

What would be the motivation? He looks like a balding, disheveled senior citizen with a bad dye job! Morrissey lied. He wanted attention. His accusation went NOWHERE. It didn't warrant an investigation. It was probably laughed off, chalked up to an old man who is off his f***ing rocker.

I think though it could be used by a human author to some effect - rather like using a 'cut up' technique? That's effectively what the bot is doing - regurgitating previous lyrics and styles.

Yes, if you want to go there. then I agree.

It’s always interesting, if the artist is creative and original enough, what they can do with any technology, new or old.

But it’s then filtered through a human being.

Even with chance operations, Burroughs decided what worked and what didn’t.

It's not hard to tell. The man lied. Period. Accept it. We should all take false allegations seriously and not with a grain of salt. It is reprehensible, the person is just trying to do their damn job.
Agreed, it's not hard to tell, that is a regular security search. This is not unlike when he lied about Der Spiegel and then dared them to produce the audio, which once again proved him to be a liar. Now we have this situation re BOT, where again, he is caught in many lies, knowing there is evidence to prove him a liar.

Agreed, it's not hard to tell, that is a regular security search. This is not unlike when he lied about Der Spiegel and then dared them to produce the audio, which once again proved him to be a liar. Now we have this situation re BOT, where again, he is caught in many lies, knowing there is evidence to prove him a liar.

He seems to lie for his own amusement. I'll bet he thinks it's funny when people believe him. He doesn't seem to care that it's one of the things eroding his fanbase.

He seems to lie for his own amusement. I'll bet he thinks it's funny when people believe him. He doesn't seem to care that it's one of the things eroding his fanbase.
I agree, I can't even guess the motive but as an example, Noel Gallagher did make it sound like Morrissey was quite amused with himself when he lied about being sick and canceled shows.
That is not like the more serious allegations here of sexual assault or all the lies about the BOT debacle, which are clearly untrue, but he is surely unrepentant about it. He lied about Miley being at the Manchester concert, which could be completely proven untrue with youtube footage.

# "Electric Dreams"

Maybe Moz's quantum twin will start writing the songs for him in the new era

Lying seems to get people talking about him and he always aimed to be an interesting front man.
I’m sure there was an interview around ‘92 where he said he lies all the time, as he found it really ‘useful’. But I’m failing to see how his recent economy with the truth furthers his stated aim—to sing for his audience and release records?

You could almost believe that his stated aim isn’t really what he wants. That’s the only possibility that makes any of the last few years coherent to me.

I’m sure there was an interview around ‘92 where he said he lies all the time, as he found it really ‘useful’. But I’m failing to see how his recent economy with the truth furthers his stated aim—to sing for his audience and release records?

You could almost believe that his stated aim isn’t really what he wants. That’s the only possibility that makes any of the last few years coherent to me.
Bit earlier.
Chris Heath - Smash Hits (Aug/Sept 1987).
"CH: Have you told many fibs today?

M: I lie a lot - it's really useful - but everything I've said today has been the whole truth and nothing but the truth. So help me… er… Trevor…"

Perhaps more jocular than evidential?
Regards,
FWD.

Bit earlier.
Chris Heath - Smash Hits (Aug/Sept 1987).
"CH: Have you told many fibs today?

M: I lie a lot - it's really useful - but everything I've said today has been the whole truth and nothing but the truth. So help me… er… Trevor…"

Perhaps more jocular than evidential?
Regards,
FWD.
That’s it, thanks. I read it a few years later (probably regurgitated for another, less frivolous, magazine article).

It gets extremely problematic when you see that the person actually believes their own lies/delusions/persecutory fantasies. He's always had a persecution complex which I can actually understand because the UK press were disgusting and treat him like the devil and still do. A persecution complex develops as a defence against people trying to hurt you in the future.

But how he can continue hating on Jubelirer is anyone's guess. He was outed and exposed in the emails yet is doubling down with this juvenile nonsense. It shows that he's not well mentally.
I haven't seen the emails you mention, are they interesting and do they contradict his version of events?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom