Bonfire of Teenagers or Without Music The World Dies

You can only choose one album for release, so which one will it be?

• Bonfire of Teenagers

Votes: 44 66.7%
  • Without Music The World Dies

Votes: 22 33.3%

• Total voters

Billy A

1701357941237.png

Bonfire of Teenagers track listing
No.TitleMusicLength
1."I Am Veronica"
2."Rebels Without Applause"[23]3:24
3."Kerouac's Crack"
4."Ha Ha Harlem"
5."I Live in Oblivion"
6."Bonfire of Teenagers"
7."My Funeral"
8."Diana Dors"
9."I Ex-Love You"
10."Sure Enough, the Telephone Rings"
11."Saint in a Stained Glass Window"

Bonfire for me, loving the tracks I am Veronica, sure enough and Kerouaks’ crack.

Haven’t heard enough of without music, maybe the monsters of pig alley is a cracker but the night pop was a bit meh and Notre dame seems to drive everyone nuts and start arguments.

Without Music the World Dies track listing
No.TitleMusicLength
1."The Night Pop Dropped"
  • Morrissey
  • Jesse Tobias
2."Zoom Zoom the Little Boy"
  • Morrissey
  • Tobias
3."Boulevard"
  • Morrissey
  • Alain Whyte
4."Headache"
  • Morrissey
  • Gustavo Manzur
5."Without Music the World Dies"
  • Morrissey
  • Manzur
6."Suspicious Minds" (Mark James cover)Mark James
7."Notre-Dame"
  • Morrissey
  • Whyte
8."Many Icebergs Ago"
  • Morrissey
  • Manzur
9."Happy New Tears"
  • Morrissey
  • Whyte
10."The Monsters of Pig Alley"

Without Music the World Dies track listing
No.TitleMusicLength
1."The Night Pop Dropped"
  • Morrissey
  • Jesse Tobias
2."Zoom Zoom the Little Boy"
  • Morrissey
  • Tobias
3."Boulevard"
  • Morrissey
  • Alain Whyte
4."Headache"
  • Morrissey
  • Gustavo Manzur
5."Without Music the World Dies"
  • Morrissey
  • Manzur
6."Suspicious Minds" (Mark James cover)Mark James
7."Notre-Dame"
  • Morrissey
  • Whyte
8."Many Icebergs Ago"
  • Morrissey
  • Manzur
9."Happy New Tears"
  • Morrissey
  • Whyte
10."The Monsters of Pig Alley"
Most bizarre track titles yet.

I guess I’ll go with Bonfire too, because Oblivion, Saint, and Telephone have had more time to grow on me, than the other album. Ack, you made me choose. It feels like turning against one of my children.

It's a tough choice, but I will go out on a limb and say, for me, it's Without Music. I love The Night Pop Dropped, and even the title track. Notre-Dame, although somewhat muddled, is catchy. The sound of that album is very different to what we've heard from Morrissey, whereas Bonfire is very much sounds we've heard before. However, there are some lovely songs on that album (Bonfire, Oblivion, Stain Glass).

Can you add an option for “don’t really care anymore”?

I’d buy every version going if they were to get an official release, but in the meantime… I just don’t care. The music that he plays means less and less to me about my life. Which is odd, given we’re both Irish catholic fourth gender humasexuals.

Can you add an option for “don’t really care anymore”?

I’d buy every version going if they were to get an official release, but in the meantime… I just don’t care. The music that he plays means less and less to me about my life. Which is odd, given we’re both Irish catholic fourth gender humasexuals.
Don’t get all defensive now, but you say you’d buy every version of any new album release, and he was your number one artist of 2023, yet you say his music means less and less to you. I don’t get this.

Don’t get all defensive now, but you say you’d buy every version of any new album release, and he was your number one artist of 2023, yet you say his music means less and less to you. I don’t get this.
I’m a completist, and I listen to everything pre-YATQ a lot.
I should have specified, the new music that he plays (and the same old boring setlist stalwarts) mean less and less to me.

So he still means a lot to you?
I like his songs.
I mean, I was just trying to pun off a lyric from Panic, I didn’t put any more thought into it than that. I wasn’t expecting to be interrogated.
He means as much to me as anyone else who writes/sings songs I like.

I like his songs.
I mean, I was just trying to pun off a lyric from Panic, I didn’t put any more thought into it than that. I wasn’t expecting to be interrogated.
He means as much to me as anyone else who writes/sings songs I like.
Always with the defense. You’re not being interrogated. I just find the mechanics behind some of the behavior of fans and ex-fans (and inbetweeners) intriguing. I’m certainly not the fan I once was, either.

Always with the defense. You’re not being interrogated. I just find the mechanics behind some of the behavior of fans and ex-fans (and inbetweeners) intriguing. I’m certainly not the fan I once was, either.
I’m more of a fan now than I ever was before. This tree has grown strong roots.

'Bonfire'. There are still enough unplayed tracks on 'Without Music' that it may end up featuring several classics, but based on the three tunes I've heard so far it's not doing much for me: the title track and 'Pop Dropped' are 5/10 average at best, whilst 'Notre Dame' is a career low 1/10.

Tags
album bonfire of teenagers poll without music the world dies
Back
Top Bottom