Morrissey acquired rights to Bonfire of Teenagers?

Moreover, if this album is so important to him, why isn’t he playing more tracks from it live? Four NY shows in a row could have yielded Saint In A Stained Glass Window, I Live In Oblivion, or any of the as yet unheard ones.

Instead it’s just “Telephone Rings” and night pop flopped over and over again.
Yep, he's dropped most of the decent new songs from the set. Veronica was ok, Rebels and Saint were great, Kerouac's Crack only got one play but it was bloody awful, Telephone is also pretty bad, not sure why he keeps pushing that one. The Night Pop Dropped is good IMO. I know he said something along the lines of the moment for Bonfire having passed now, but even so, if he's serious about releasing it then he should promote it himself. What if a record company exec. is in the audience? I don't think Sure Enough The Telephone Rings is going to persuade anyone to sign him!

I guess he isn‘t playing the songs from BOT & WMTWD over and over again because he wants to keep them fresh for the time of release.
A record label boss in the audience of an 64 years old singer with a 40 year career is a bit silly, don‘t you find?
But yes, only indie labels are a realistic option, besides self releasing all the new stuff.
„My only mistake is I‘m hoping“

@Famous when dead, did we archive the small snippet of the studio version of I Am Veronica anywhere from that brief tour ad?

Can someone please re-edit this with the head of Capitol Records on Trump’s body and Morrissey’s on Biden’s? Ta.

Can someone please re-edit this with the head of Capitol Records on Trump’s body and Morrissey’s on Biden’s? Ta.

A job for Terry Stamp over on Twitter. But how does one get his attention…? Some sort of signal in the sky?

I guess he isn‘t playing the songs from BOT & WMTWD over and over again because he wants to keep them fresh for the time of release.
A record label boss in the audience of an 64 years old singer with a 40 year career is a bit silly, don‘t you find?
But yes, only indie labels are a realistic option, besides self releasing all the new stuff.
„My only mistake is I‘m hoping“
If Morrissey is smart (I know a lot to ask for) BOT & WMTWD should be made into a double album with perhaps a few new tracks, given a new name, and released as a totally new record. Scrap BOT and WMTMD altogether and just come out with a totally new double record call it Rebel Without Applause or whatever. Just bury BOT & WMTWD, take the best songs from the records and release a new one with a fresh new title, track listing, and throw on a new tune or 2 to make it a totally new Morrissey release.

If Morrissey is smart (I know a lot to ask for) BOT & WMTWD should be made into a double album with perhaps a few new tracks, given a new name, and released as a totally new record. Scrap BOT and WMTMD altogether and just come out with a totally new double record call it Rebel Without Applause or whatever. Just bury BOT & WMTWD, take the best songs from the records and release a new one with a fresh new title, track listing, and throw on a new tune or 2 to make it a totally new Morrissey release.

Sounds good to me. Though there will always be a hankering by fans to hear the songs not included on this double album you propose.

Also, there may be a discrepancy in the sound of production between the two albums, making it a patchy listen (?)

and throw on a new tune or 2 to make it a totally new Morrissey release.

I’d call the songs not yet heard live or yet released ‘new tunes’.

Or the artist should release his original artistic vision as intended. What you deem his "best songs" from the two could be considered "meh" to others. What you propose be left out, could be someones favorite.

Like a Use Your Illusion I/II scenario?

Morrissey - Usual Delusion I & II.

Sounds good to me. Though there will always be a hankering by fans to hear the songs not included on this double album you propose.

Also, there may be a discrepancy in the sound of production between the two albums, making it a patchy listen (?)

I’d call the songs not yet heard live or yet released ‘new tunes’.
Yes, I guess you are right, but of course they both could be remixed. The downside is a record is of it's time and I think BOT especially is not of it's time anymore. In fact, get rid of BOT altogether release the song as a B side as he so often does and give both records a nice refresh and release them as a totally new Morrissey record.. that is if any record company on the planet will touch him with a 10 foot pool unless of course they wish to be a Target on his Website accusing them of this that and the other when in fact it is his obsession with of all people Miley Cyrus that did him in and by the way Miley has not and probably will not ever mention Morrissey's name ever. Boy did Miley royally fu$k up his record big time and then he has the nerve to Target the CEO of Capitol Records for no reason at all and seemingly does not have the decency to apologize to her for his threat. Even though Morrissey still creates great music, what record company on earth would get mixed up with such a lunatic!

Or the artist should release his original artistic vision as intended. What you deem his "best songs" from the two could be considered "meh" to others. What you propose be left out, could be someones favorite.
He can't release his artistic vision as intended because one of his guest singers has asked to be removed from the record entirely so how is it possible to release your artist vision as you intended when your guest singer has asked to be removed from the record and no record company on the planet will release his music and Morrissey will not self release. He likes targeting record company CEO's much more than he likes his fans and there desire to hear his music. Morrissey is probably to do with everything but music.

Yes, I guess you are right, but of course they both could be remixed. The downside is a record is of it's time and I think BOT especially is not of it's time anymore. In fact, get rid of BOT altogether release the song as a B side as he so often does and give both records a nice refresh and release them as a totally new Morrissey record.. that is if any record company on the planet will touch him with a 10 foot pool unless of course they wish to be a Target on his Website accusing them of this that and the other when in fact it is his obsession with of all people Miley Cyrus that did him in and by the way Miley has not and probably will not ever mention Morrissey's name ever. Boy did Miley royally fu$k up his record big time and then he has the nerve to Target the CEO of Capitol Records for no reason at all and seemingly does not have the decency to apologize to her for his threat. Even though Morrissey still creates great music, what record company on earth would get mixed up with such a lunatic!
By the time WMTWD finally comes out it may not be of its time either. So I don't know... if he doesn't self-release or try to work with much smaller labels he's painting himself into a corner as far as releasing music.

I don't believe Miley asked to be removed, her record company wanted money for her to be included.

Back
Top Bottom