Binyamina-Giv'at Ada - Zappa Amphi Shuni (July 2, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Knockabout World / Notre-Dame (live debut) / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Hagit Yaron FB.

Last edited:
Didn’t Jesse call the new album a “lightning strike”?

Well, it seems it just hit Morrissey’s career.

IMG_6902.jpeg

I do like the music but the lyrics are not very good.
That’s a very polite way of saying it
I should listen more to the music but the lyrics really ruin the pleasure of doing so. Based on 2 listenings, I felt there was similarity with the Night Pop soundwise.
Morrissey should not use Q-anon for song inspiration.
Does he still feel inspired when writing?

I can't figure out that picture. Is it a coffin?
View attachment 92513

Morrissey thrilled to be in ‘God’s country’ as he performs first of two shows

Excerpt:
English singer Morrissey brought his crisp baritone and familiar, turmoil- filled lyrics to Amphi Shuni in the northern town of Binyamina Sunday night, and while all 1,350 seats of the restored Roman amphitheater were full to bursting with dedicated fans, Morrissey himself seemed a little, well, listless.

Oops, noticed this in the review as well - He’s also controversially anti-immigrant and has backed a white nationalist party in England, but it’s not Morrissey’s politics that draw his Israeli fans, who are mostly in their 30s, 40s and 50s.

M is mentally ill,,,what a statement.i would love to see the medical records of some of the people on here,would make very interesting reading.
hold judgement on notre dame till you hear the studio version,lyrics dont seem too good,never understood repeating lines and when did this creep in.
first night of a tour is never a good judge,he hasnt sung in months and with new members.

I wonder if there’s an anti-vaxx song on any of the new albums. Or an Illuminati anthem.

As most conspiracy theorists, Morrissey sees himself as a prophet proclaiming the truth.

He thinks he has taken the red pill.

I’m afraid there is no way back.

It's interesting that a few people on this thread are opening speculating about mental illness. It seems very believable to me, too. He may be dangerously close to saying something at a gig that a sensitive soul will allege to be a hate crime. You can just imagine the cops wheeling him in for a chat - act 2 for those with a long memory, and probably something he would welcome for the publicity.

And in terms of an intervention, I suggest the Aylesbury gig is the one. Hometown security there will be very genteel, so all you'd need is, say, 20 stout fans to see off his personal detail and bundle him off to the local mental institution. Boz used to act as his on-stage defender, but he's gone now, and the girls won't put up much resistance.

Notre-Dame:

The music is a re-hash of Never Again Will I Be Twin. The vocal melody is a Suede track that I'm still trying to place. The lyrics aren't his worst because he wrote 'Noise Is The Best Revenge'.

It's easy to pump out unreleased albums like an assembly line when this little effort is going into them.

Wow nothing but complainers here. You sad saps complain and complain and complain then go pay to see his show. You guys are the worst part of being a Morrissey fan. Go do something meaningful with your life!!!

M is mentally ill,,,what a statement.i would love to see the medical records of some of the people on here,would make very interesting reading.
hold judgement on notre dame till you hear the studio version,lyrics dont seem too good,never understood repeating lines and when did this creep in.
first night of a tour is never a good judge,he hasnt sung in months and with new members.
I don't think anyones judging the first night, people are judging the awkwardness of Notre Dame and how he is lining himself up behind conspiracy theorists and pouring more fuel on the fire regarding his beliefs.

Last edited:
This is just dire. Why is he still rehashing "Tell me Quando,Quando,Quando!". The same setlist that isn't anybody's dream setlist - He had the chance to really shake it up with the new additions. We're now subjected to Jesse's awful lead tone... 40years of Morrissey tour: with a setlist that has been near enough the same for 5 years

The new song is embarrassing - this man once wrote "Time's tide will smother you...and I will too" and now it's "this is not terrorism" - The new song doesn't have lyrics, it's just some weird rambling chant that Moz thinks is probably non-PC and shocking because he seems himself as the new messiah of freedom of speech. I worry Moz has forgotten what he got into music for, what he was and what he meant. Just call it a day.

So Notre Dame is getting a kicking. But it's just one song (albeit a new one) in an otherwise sterling set list. OK, so the set list could do with a shake up for those of us who see him regularly. But most of the audience don't. Especially the Israeli audience. Here's hoping for another, stronger, new song tomorrow!

He's still touring! Still recording! Still writing! Be happy!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom