Binyamina-Giv'at Ada - Zappa Amphi Shuni (July 2, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Knockabout World / Notre-Dame (live debut) / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Hagit Yaron FB.

Last edited:
what happened is that he met Russell Brand.
LOL
Russell was still shilling for the left when M took his right turn. If anything Brand followed M. He didn't though, Brand has no real belief it's all about the money with Rusty Rockets. He seemed to feck M off a while ago. Remember when M mentioned two A-lister friends walked away from him. Well, Brand was one of them, I'm guessing. Brand rarely mentions M these days.

it's just an aged man barking at the audience.
Well that's offensive, I'm quite civil to audiences, me! Poor audiences, it's not their fault if they buy over-priced tickets for the Crappolo Tour!!
Don’t take it too hard, there’s always hope.
Not for Paris there isn't
If he reads this please Mozzy be kind to your inner child Protect him
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news: M's inner child has just been found in a shallow grave in Mexico.
Jesse was spotted nearby with a shovel.
(Might have been a simple coincidence.)
So you don’t like the lyrics to Nortre Dame? Ya think Moz is crazy and xenophobic? How’s that all working out right now for ya, France? 🤗 Children stabbed at a park by a third-world migrant. Silence. Migrant with a wrap sheet miles long is shot for not obeying the police… France burns.
Dear f***fase ( and what a lovely name you have.)
First, it's "notre."
Second, you're right, it's not "working out" as, once again, nobody is giving this garbage a listening chance. I feel sorry for Alain, but those lyrics would discourage a senile right-wing firefighter. Which is what M dreams he could be, as he obviously thinks pissing on a cathedral on fire is helping. Maybe with the help of Fireman Sam.
As far as other things not "working out", turns out colonization and climate change and world resources shortages are indeed not "working out". Who would have thought that there would be consequences to past actions, eh? Amazing.
M could write a song about that bloke who stabbed babies in a park but unfortunately that particular migrant was Christian. And homeless. And probably not very well mentally. So you see, he has quite a lot in common with Morrissey, except for housing problems.
Paris has been burning for quite some time, just like the rest of the world, as Billy Joël ( known to your spelling as Billy Jowl) could tell you. Again, there are consequences to past immigration, inequality, religions, racism, laxity, culture clashes, intolerance, police violence, bad politics, drugs, and it might take more than a god-awful super simple song to understand today's world. Or tik tok.
I have a wish: that Moz is inclined to write more poetry,
Good idea. He could switch with Wazaï and dasmiths85, let them write his lyrics. Couldnae be worse. Glimpses of poo brilliance.

From Morrissey Central 3rd July 2024

'WHAT'S WRONG WITH BEING A RACIST ANYWAY? has been recorded in Burnley. The 10-track album has been described by Alain Whyte as "Rhyming slang for my surname."

This is the 19th Morrissey album produced by Nick Griffin.

The songs are:

They're All Out To Get Me
It's Never Ever Ever Ever My Fault
This Alarming Man
Still Shrill
I Just Can't Find My Place In This World

The Dead Skinhead, Killed By Ahmed
When I Last Spoke To A Careers Advisor
You're Not On Your Own, Alex Jones
Jesse Is A Texan
David Vance Has Me In A Trance

Tracks 1-5 Written by Morrissey
Tracks 6-10 Co-Written with Milo Yiannopoulos
Engineered by FiDo.
Recorded at Kill Your Career Studios, Burnley, Lancashire.
Jesse Tobias guitars, backing vocals, keyboards, Bass, Drums

I think we have a new contender for worst ever morrissey song.

Hate to say it but I agree. It might be the most boring & insubstantial thing he has ever produced. Utterly bland & with lyrics that are so….nothing….that there is no point in them ever having been written.

I think Morrissey is ignorant, stubborn, and severely mentally ill. I think he orbits around a different solar system and has a very slim connection to reality. I think he surrounds himself with "bad" people and is easily influenced by their opinions. I believe he's quite far removed from the man and artist he was even ten years ago. I think he needs help, I think he needs a genuine friend who doesn't have their hand out. But do I think he's a racist? No, I do not. I stand by that.
Actually, I agree with you. I don't think he is racist. I do think he is now riddled with bitter bigotry, which is different. I just wondered what you would say, that's all.
I do think you can say racist things , or things that people will take as a racist comment, and not be a racist. I think that's what has happened with M.
He makes these stupid comments, he writes some crappy lyrics and I can understand why people get the wrong idea .
It's no wonder he is picking up clowns like that Irish one who wrote the article the other day, you can't blame them for thinking he is one of them now. You go on some right-wing sites after a stabbing or immigrant story and people write M's version of " don't look back in anger "
in the comment section. Like you, I do not think he is a racist but I do think this new effort is a racist song, in spirit.

On a brighter note, I thought the new band were fecking great for their first night. I don't think many will miss Alain and the other one, once they get going.
I really liked the song Without Music The World Dies, so I still have hope for the new LP

Morrissey in 2019:

sam:
Do you share the sorrow over Notre Dame?

M:
Yes, but let’s be realistic … it’s arson. Everybody knows that.

sam:
Why do you say that?

M:
You can judge it by the speed by which the corporate media rushed to call it an accident even though the fire had just started and no one was in any position to know anything. Brainwashing! It’s a bit like hearing the full reason behind a plane crash even though the plane has yet to hit the ocean.

Interesting take from dear old Karen over on Twitter - he was accused of being a thing, so now he's ended up becoming that thing.
I dunno, if I was accused of being a thing, I'd maybe...push back against it?

View attachment 92517
Well, he has always gone where he is loved.
When the UK hated on him. He fecked off to the USA
Things cooled off there, off to South America . I think maybe a bit of that has happened. with the Right. The only people who held out their hands were the right. Same thing happened to Elon and Joe Rogan . Im not saying he is right to do that, excuse the pun. The thing that Karen is forgetting is lots of people who knew M back then, say he always had these views not quite as bad but bubbling away. I have to wonder If the music press sensed this and in their own way , tried to keep him in check. Who knows. Like the other poster said, I don't think he is racist , just very lost.

You may disagree with the sentiment behind 'Bonfire if Teenagers ', but nothing in it was factually incorrect. This however, is just straight from the tin-foil hat crank brigade. No major label is going to sign Morrissey when they hear this conspiracy theorist shite.

Time to give up on 'Without Music ' and record a new album Moz. Maybe it will be third time lucky? 🤔

I knew this would happen. That's why I thought Amy was wrong, when she said the mainstream wont notice, they will. The only thing is , do they even need to attack him now, they got what they wanted already, his career is shot, in terms of being a recording artist

You may disagree with the sentiment behind 'Bonfire if Teenagers ', but nothing in it was factually incorrect. This however, is just straight from the tin-foil hat crank brigade. No major label is going to sign Morrissey when they hear this conspiracy theorist shite.

Time to give up on 'Without Music ' and record a new album Moz. Maybe it will be third time lucky? 🤔
Agreed, in fact I said this straight off the bat
The thing that makes me sad, is I wonder if M expects the world to go wild for this new song. He must get really upset when he sees the reaction, I know he likes to troll but I think he still wants to be respected

Notre-Dame:

The music is a re-hash of Never Again Will I Be Twin. The vocal melody is a Suede track that I'm still trying to place. The lyrics aren't his worst because he wrote 'Noise Is The Best Revenge'.

It's easy to pump out unreleased albums like an assembly line when this little effort is going into them.
No way Noise is like a Smiths song compared to this new one. I liked Noise is the best revenge, the song not the band.
M has nicked a few ideas from Suede over the years. Which is fair, as they stole enough from him

I can only say that not much has seemed to change over the years as far as the songwriting process goes with M…
Band submits demos.
M chooses what he likes and can work with.
They go into the studio and hash out a musical direction based on M’s vision (sometimes completely reworking a song from the ground up, after stripping it to the foundation).
Lyrically, I think it’s still mostly a surprise to the band until vocals are tracked.

So, Alain really has no idea what the final outcome of a song will be until it’s mostly complete (minus the mixing). He has no input or idea as to what Mozzer is trying to accomplish lyrically until it’s complete. Sometimes he’s given direction such as “I’d like a song written in this style” or “can you write something that sounds like this” (paraphrasing, of course), but doesn’t know what the songs are about when he’s writing or submitting the music.

*I just want to point out that I honestly do not have an in with the band, nor have I ever been directly associated with them. I only mention things I know to be factual and when something is opinion (mine), I try to make sure that’s obvious. I don’t want anyone getting the impression I am in anyway speaking for M, the band or anyone directly involved. Many know by now of my personal/professional association with Alain and obviously we discuss things, but I’m careful to not disclose anything that would violate anyone’s confidence.

And I’m sorry these replies are so bloody long 😃
Come the feck along. Alain doesn't care what M writes to his music, as long as the money comes in and it pushes his career. That is the bottom line. He should have refused to let M sing on that music. If only to help M
I mean, do you think Johnny Marr would have let those lyrics front his music? Feck that. Johnny would have told him to step the feck off.
Alain gives me much LOLz singing Smiths songs and M solo songs he never wrote. It takes some brass neck to act the big boy, when singing and playing music to songs you have nothing to do with and act like you do. It's obvious he has been trying to poach some of M's audience for years . He reminds me of Martin from Gene, nothing like M but he tries to ape him to try and steal some fans. Actually, didn't them two know each other?, I remember having a pint with Alain and Martin once. Maybe I am misremembering
Don't get me wrong though, Alain has written some great songs with M and has been there for some great gigs - like last year . I do think the new band, could sound as good. They sound ok , for their first live outing tonight

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom