Binyamina-Giv'at Ada - Zappa Amphi Shuni (July 2, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Knockabout World / Notre-Dame (live debut) / Jim Jim Falls / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Loop / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Hagit Yaron FB.

Last edited:
It’s a sad state of affairs, but Morrissey’s career is over. In a few years he’ll be touring renaissance fairs and retirement homes, swaggering on stage with a bottle of Bombay Sapphire.

I hope his new music never sees the light of day, as it will only tarnish his reputation further. Conspiracy garbage.

I never thought it would come to this.

It breaks my heart.
Wholeheartedly agree.

I’ve honestly not listened to the show other than Notre Dame. So, I can’t comment on how the band sounded on whole. Be interesting to hear AW’s take on that tune after he hears it.

Again, my personal opinion, I hate to admit that I side with most on this in that it’s the lyrics that let the song down. It’s a bit uninspired. One can write lyrics that aren’t overly complex or “clever” and still leave an impression. Moz has shown this to be true. This just doesn’t seem to be the case here. It’s possible the recorded version at least works better as a song than the live version, regardless of what one thinks of the lyrical content.

It’s perhaps a bit unfair to pass judgment on the new additions to the band lineup. So, maybe give them a chance to see if they gel. It’s rare that bands have immediate chemistry like they did when Alain came back at the same time Juan and Brendan joined. Keep in mind AW and Jesse made time to sort through some songs even before rehearsals started. I can’t speak for the others but Alain left nothing to chance. He was ready to go from day one and had practiced the songs up so much that he could play them in his sleep. So prepared that the sound/crew were blown away. I’m not sure the current band have had enough time to entertain the subtle nuances as a group yet. In time, perhaps. Thing is, chemistry is a weird thing and it shouldn’t be messed with if you’re blessed with it as a band. Those that matter in this example clearly see it a different way or at least chose not to prioritize it as much as I do and as I’ve noted previously, that’s their prerogative.

As for Alain, he has made it clear he enjoyed playing with M again (it appeared mutual). The band had a sound and energy that was bringing back old school fans in both the US & UK that had felt left out or drifted away for one reason or another. Camp M was aware of this and I’m guessing the great reviews and buzz from the fans were at least in part why they waited to let it be known there would be replacements for both Al & Gus until after tix for July we’re put on sale. They had both resigned long beforehand. Would they go back? Should they go back? Hmmm, I cannot speak for either, but I know AW has made it clear under the right circumstances, with some changes being made, he’d consider it for sure. Outside of say JM, there’s been no better overall co-writer (as with much of this, strictly my opinion), all things considered, but maybe that ship has sailed.
Thanks for the info :)
Not only has the ship sailed, but I fear it's heading for troubled waters.

Well let’s hope it hasn’t sailed.
Wonder what those “changes” would be. Donny out? Would that be at all likely? :unsure:

I better say something positive. I quite like the sound of Notre Dame. It has a bit of a seventies vibe. I'll save my judgement for the lyrics because I can't really make them out too well. They're probably not great.

More or less what I expected it to be about.
Hope the music is better. Isn’t this a song written by Alain?

Edit: just checked it and it is indeed a composition of Alain’s hand.
I do like the music but the lyrics are not very good.

Morrissey should not use Q-anon for song inspiration.

Interesting take from dear old Karen over on Twitter - he was accused of being a thing, so now he's ended up becoming that thing.
I dunno, if I was accused of being a thing, I'd maybe...push back against it?

Karen.jpg

I better say something positive. I quite like the sound of Notre Dame. It has a bit of a seventies vibe. I'll save my judgement for the lyrics because I can't really make them out too well. They're probably not great.
They were posted earlier this thread:
77856_cd840878c5ea3f7b8a76fdbda6336763.jpeg

Israel…?
It’s a sad state of affairs, but Morrissey’s career is over. In a few years he’ll be touring renaissance fairs and retirement homes, swaggering on stage with a bottle of Bombay Sapphire.

I hope his new music never sees the light of day, as it will only tarnish his reputation further. Conspiracy garbage.

I never thought it would come to this.

It breaks my heart.
The lyrics to Notre Dame are a new low.

I think, we need ".well" to clear things up. I am sure she has a reasonable explanation for this very special expression of opinion.

The internet, it turns out, is one of the worst possible things that could have happened to Morrissey. (As he kind of suggested, way back when...)

Download something
Useful, or useless
Because I'm lying here
Wide to receive
Almost anything
You'd care to give

A second night in Paris will be requested before the first night is even confirmed. Read it all on Central or Styxhexenhammer666's channel asap.

Last edited:
To our American friends, Notre Dame is a cathedral in Paris. He’s not singing about your Noder Dayme.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom