2024 Prediction - Uninsurable

javert

Super Moderator
Subscriber
With all of his hugely expensive, and disastrous cancellations of this Asia Tour. I genuinely don’t think Morrissey will be insured or secure a promoter on his next round of tours.

The logistical costs alone, plus venue fees will be eye watering. We all know Moz is funny about money (see Capitol records) so you can bet he doesn’t want to pay a penny when he cancels.

This will be mean either insanely higher prices for next year or whenever he next tours, or a message on central saying the establishment are out to get him.

Either way, this is the end of the road

Retirement time. He lives in oblivion.

He should’ve stopped touring a long time ago. He should’ve become uninsurable a long time ago. Sure, he could do one-offs in his favorite cities and venues, but should never ever do another tour. He can’t handle it. And he obviously doesn’t like it and he sure as hell doesn’t need the money.

He should’ve stopped touring a long time ago. He should’ve become uninsurable a long time ago. Sure, he could do one-offs in his favorite cities and venues, but should never ever do another tour. He can’t handle it. And he obviously doesn’t like it and he sure as hell doesn’t need the money.
My assumption is that he tours to self fund the recording of his albums.

My assumption is that he tours to self fund the recording of his albums.
And his behavior and/or the lack of quality material makes it absolutely impossible for him to get signed to a label and release these self-funded albums.

And his behavior and/or the lack of quality material makes it absolutely impossible for him to get signed to a label and release these self-funded albums.

Well i think since joining with Etienne, Morrissey has created some powerful music.

Well i think since joining with Etienne, Morrissey has created some powerful music.
Etienne is his own “label”. And sure, there has been a few good songs, but overall he is millions of miles away from where he used to be, quality wise.

Etienne is his own “label”. And sure, there has been a few good songs, but overall he is millions of miles away from where he used to be, quality wise.
It's more like an imprint, since it doesn't exist on its own. All Etienne releases have been released under other labels Morrissey has then had a record contract with.

From 2015 - Moz and Marr mentions

It's more like an imprint, since it doesn't exist on its own. All Etienne releases have been released under other labels Morrissey has then had a record contract with.
That’s exactly right. he should just make it a real label and get over it.

Back
Top Bottom