Morrissey Central "Beethoven U.S.A." (April 25, 2024)

BEETHOVEN U.S.A.

April 25, 2024

1000019151.jpg

Morrissey's 'Beethoven Was Deaf' live recording in Paris 1992 will have its first U.S. release on Friday 26 July on both CD and vinyl. The gatefold LP will be available on black vinyl and also on orange vinyl.
The artwork is new, and the album is pressed on the Sire label. 'Beethoven Was Deaf' was originally released worldwide excluding the U.S.A on 10 May 1993.

Related link:

Last edited by a moderator:
What "artwork"? An atrocious new cover on a record we already have. I don't get it.
Me neither. My original LP with proper artwork sounds great. I don't see the point in throwing money at this release just cos it's an orange vinyl. If it had original artwork and extra songs (e.g. a few from a different concert from that era) I might buy it. I guess if I didn't have the original I'd want the reissue but would have to ignore the incongruous cover.

Maybe him and Linder are no longer friends, hence the sleeve substitution?
It would not be the first time that he announces concerts on rather short notice. For example, tickets for the concerts of the short European tour (France + Belgium + London) went on sale mid-January and the concerts took place in mid-March.

Considering his history of cancellations, finding a concert promotor may not be easy. I heard that Live Nation Belgium didn’t want to do it, his concerts were eventually picked up by another promotor. Thankfully, they happened and were nearly sold out and I heard ads on the radio too.

There’s also the issue of putting a band together. We don’t know if his current band is still with him. No doubt about Jesse, but the others ?
I've seen Morrissey 15 times in NYC and was concerned that the promoter for the 4 October 2023 shows was the very small "Brooklyn Made". If even here he is having trouble finding rooms...

Me neither. My original LP with proper artwork sounds great. I don't see the point in throwing money at this release just cos it's an orange vinyl. If it had original artwork and extra songs (e.g. a few from a different concert from that era) I might buy it. I guess if I didn't have the original I'd want the reissue but would have to ignore the incongruous cover.
Cheapest on Discogs for a VG+ copy to Ireland is €175....rising to over €400+ with only 8 in total copies currently available...obviously released at height of CD format..so lucky you for getting the original on vinyl....but so much money now in vinyl re-releases it's bound to happen and I look forward to parting with my money for that orange vinyl....pity about the sleeve though:)

and this one on the bottom left,

what a cutie !…for the back of the album

1714088031934.png

they really should have consulted me first.

Last edited:
Could we have this on the cover?

beet.jpg

He visited Paris in 1959 + 1960. Only slightly less tenuous than existing art.

Last edited:
Yeah it was odd that it wasn’t released in the US at the time. Height of his US popularity. KROQ in LA played the live version of Jack the Ripper from it pretty regularly at the time. Unless you bought the album on import (pretty pricey in those days) the track wouldn’t be available commercially in the US until the US only Now My Heart is Full single a year+ later. Of course the single went unnoticed after not properly promoting V&I and cancelling sold out shows in LA and NYC.
Agreed, an odd choice not to release Beethoven in the US then. Your Arsenal reportedly sold 360,000 copies in the US - this would have sold very well. Many hardcore fans probably bought on import but I'm sure many didn't.

His career is over, he has nothing left to offer except these boring and repetitive posts with dicks drawn on them

His career is over, he has nothing left to offer except these boring and repetitive posts with dicks drawn on them

“This is all I have left to offer. Paint a vulgar picture with me and suckle at my cash-grabbing teet.”

IMG-1760.png

Back
Top Bottom