“Interlude” reissue confirmed for April's RSD, 2024 (February 15, 2024)

MorrisseySiouxsie.jpg

"Interlude" is a 1968 song written and composed by Georges Delerue and Hal Shaper and originally performed by American soul singer Timi Yuro. It is the title track for the 1968 film of the same name. In 1994, the song was covered in a duet by Morrissey and Siouxsie Sioux and released as a single in August of that year by EMI. It was presented under the banner of "Morrissey & Siouxsie".

Related item:

Indirect Smiths tracks:
Bragg's Never Had No One Ever.

That
record.

Couple of possible interest:
Kirsty MacColl - Titanic Days
Durutti Column - Vini Reilly

Marr's Guitars gets an exclusive also:
"This exclusive edition of 300 copies will be signed by Johnny and come with a high quality print of one of the images of the guitars inside the book."
FWD.

Out of all the possible anniversaries of 2024…

It was decided last August (or earlier) and I suspect, although Central posted about it in December, 'they' get very little control over what comes out (much like the Shaw 12", Smiths stuff via Warners & HMV gold disc editions et al).
Regards,
FWD.

Marr's Guitars gets an exclusive also:
"This exclusive edition of 300 copies will be signed by Johnny and come with a high quality print of one of the images of the guitars inside the book."
FWD.
Would you mind sharing a link to this? Can’t seem to find any info but very interested in buying this.

Would you mind sharing a link to this? Can’t seem to find any info but very interested in buying this.
FWD.

Does anyone have the tracklist? Is it just gonna be a simple reissue of the 3 tracks from the original 12"?

The website lists it as a "180g LP", and the image shows 4 tracks on one side of the record, though perhaps it's just stock?

33rpm is interesting though...

Has it been confirmed anywhere what the b-side(s) will be? The instrumental version?

Half speed is a selling point these days.
I believe you'll get:
Interlude – 3:48
Interlude (extended) – 5:51
Interlude (instrumental) – 7:36

It would be incredible if any of the 10 versions unpublished via the Abbey Road reference CD-R were to manifest on this record, but I believe it's just a gold version of the original black vinyl (very happy to be wrong).
Regards,
FWD.

Half speed is a selling point these days.
I believe you'll get:
Interlude – 3:48
Interlude (extended) – 5:51
Interlude (instrumental) – 7:36

It would be incredible if any of the 10 versions unpublished via the Abbey Road reference CD-R were to manifest on this record, but I believe it's just a gold version of the original black vinyl (very happy to be wrong).
Regards,
FWD.
10 versions unpublished? Never heard of that. Don't leave me in the dark, because you never do, you never do, ahoho....

10 versions unpublished? Never heard of that. Don't leave me in the dark, because you never do, you never do, ahoho....
Sorry, 10 versions, some of which unpublished.
Several leaked here.
3 on the original record.
1 on Very Best Of...
So ~6 on the CD-R.
One should be Siouxsie only vocals.

There are other promo CD-Rs (3&5"), but the above is rare as hen's teeth.
FWD.

Why would anyone want to buy this AGAIN? It sucked the first time.
I love Interlude, such deep sentiment. I guess some may consider it overblown. It could be the lead single for a Morrissey torch compilation of similar melodrama, "Live in an empty room":

Side 1
Interlude
I've changed my plea
Trouble loves me
I'm throwing my arms

Side 2
My love life
Nobody loves us
I know it's gonna
Come back to Camden

Trending Threads

Back