Variety: The Decemberists’ Colin Meloy interview - Morrissey mentioned (June 14, 2024)

"The Decemberists’ Colin Meloy Is Fine With the Long Wait for the Group’s New Album, but Isn’t So Sure His Dream Is Still to Write With Morrissey"

GettyImages-1062508574-e1718389433523.jpg

Relevant part:

Who do you dream of collaborating with at this point in your career?

I’ve always harbored a dream of writing a song for Morrissey, but I don’t know if that’s going to happen in my lifetime. For one thing, I don’t know how often he does that or how he would do that now. It would not [be great] culturally to work with him now for the damage that he’s done to his own reputation. And, maybe I shouldn’t want to, I think maybe he would be an unpleasant person to work with. So I’m of two minds about it.

Colin ensuring his dream never happens.
Regards,
FWD.

I dunno, I mean I actually really like Neal Cassady, Kick the Bride, Kiss Me a Lot, Oboe Concerto, Staircase, Who Will Protect Us, Girl from Tel-Aviv, Home is a Question Mark, My Love I'd Do Anything for You and Spent the Day in Bed.

Maybe I'm just weird, in my own strange way.

Or you might say, my own sick way.

The Breakfast Club Idk GIF
The distorted guitar on Neal Cassady ruins that song for me, I hate Kick The Bride, Kiss Me A Lot, Who Will Protect Us, Tel-Aviv, and Spent The Day. Staircase is okay and I am pretty indifferent to the others you mention. To each their own I guess.

The distorted guitar on Neal Cassady ruins that song for me, I hate Kick The Bride, Kiss Me A Lot, Who Will Protect Us, Tel-Aviv, and Spent The Day. Staircase is okay and I am pretty indifferent to the others you mention. To each their own I guess.
Not the inane gibberish lyrics?

That too. And nobody needs to hear about Allen Ginsberg being hosed down in a barn.
Definitely not. The quality control is out of the window.

Definitely. A good reminder that Morrissey is not all things to all men (or women), even though I've been guilty of being blind to that myself in the past.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom