Morrissey Central "Rhino" (June 8, 2024)

484516a8530453ff48e82ef0db4c8db5c457df7e.png
44c83db9ace05134b473f29ddfd4998f8d70b9d1.png

Pre-order the vinyl in orange/black or CD.

Get tickets for Vegas.

Rhino's promotion (using the press release) repeated here.
Would be nice if they mentioned who remastered it at Abbey Road.
Image above from June 2, 2006 @ "Rock am Ring".
Regards,
FWD.

Because he wants to. Ever since The Maladjusted reissue in 2009, and maybe even before, he is been a very merry revisionist of his own image and work. Maladjusted omits Papa Jack – and maybe another song – and I don't know the cover art on the reissue – nice as it is – is actually correct to 1997. I thought it was a later 2000's image used in the reissue.

Kill Uncle's reissue image is at least an image from that era, but the photo shopping is pretty bad. And "there is a place in hell "is the live version from KRQ- not the original haunting piano version

Viva Hatw omits "ordinary boys" and so on so forth. I would not be surprised if this release contains similar revisionism in terms of the tracklist

I think it does a disservice to his long and varied perseverance to retcon's his own history and image. The Morrissey of Beethoven had a very different aesthic and sound than the burgeoning crooner pictured on the cover of the upcoming reissue. It's okay to acknowledge that and indeed celebrate it, without necessarily projecting that the past is always better, the present and future doesn't have the same potential for greatness

It's nice that he's happy about this release I'm glad folks are excited. I hope that it's successful. And the shows are great I. I will continue to find decisions very odd – and the reality of celebrating live release of an album featuring a completely different band with none of the co-writers is perhaps the biggest head scratcher of all

Obviously it's his artistic prerogative to do whatever he wants with these releases, but love the original artwork – capturing as it does the artist as he was in an era, with that band line up.
I’m pretty sure the Maladjusted re-release image was from ‘97. I think it was used in Melody Maker’s Morrissey interview from the time. Not a bad image—but a shocking font on that particular revised sleeve. But it’s a Mona Lisa when compared to the new Beethoven artwork.

The release announcement is using "Zenith" as if the whole concert was recorded there. On the original release wasn't it about 50/50 Paris and London? Apologies if I'm confused, 1993 was a long time ago!

I’m pretty sure the Maladjusted re-release image was from ‘97. I think it was used in Melody Maker’s Morrissey interview from the time. Not a bad image—but a shocking font on that particular revised sleeve. But it’s a Mona Lisa when compared to the new Beethoven artwork.
Mona Lisa?
IMG_4883.jpeg

I just wish he’d rerelease World Peace or Swords.
I miss those on Spotify almost daily.
Swords has one of the lamest covers this side of LIHS so at least he could improve that, but at this point he might actually make it worse...

Wonder which sleeve we will get. One of these two or a complete different one?View attachment 105239View attachment 105240

hopefully something different, lol.

Though I prefer the top one for its layout.

Maybe he went with the repeated images of his teenage self, because it is the plural Teenagers after all.

If he can’t be bothered to come up with a better sleeve, he should just post on Central a ‘design Morrissey’s upcoming album Bonfire Of Teenagers sleeve!’ contest.

I think to show his unending gratitude for all the deep appreciation that his fans extend to him here on this site every day, Morrissey should make a brand new album and dedicate the next one to all of the members here on Morrissey-Solo!

That album can be entitled Judgin’ All Week and Goin’ to Church on Sundays! 😇 ⛪:D

Ecovinyl more often than sounds like shit. Get a CD version if you want a physical version.

I have been wondering if he'll edit out the few minutes of noise at the end of 'National Front Disco'. Personally I love it, but with all the band being ancient history I can see how he might give it the snip.
Yeah. I'd be shocked if there weren't tinkering

If he can’t be bothered to come up with a better sleeve, he should just post on Central a ‘design Morrissey’s upcoming album Bonfire Of Teenagers sleeve!’ contest.
That'd open him up to a whle o slew of compensation muckiness. And even if the person was ok with no momentary compensation, there would probably still be talk on the blogs and elsewhere about exploitation etc.

These two proved to me he can still design a great sleeve- -Wedding Bell Blues in particular. Perhaps he needs to go back to film stills or other photography to do do it best. Something about the Typography in the bonfire mock up looks...... filmsy to me

Attachments

• R-11965137-1531227953-4591.jpg
    R-11965137-1531227953-4591.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 0
  • R.jpeg
    R.jpeg
    91.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I have been wondering if he'll edit out the few minutes of noise at the end of 'National Front Disco'. Personally I love it, but with all the band being ancient history I can see how he might give it the snip.

what noise? Do you have a faulty copy?

For a short moment, I thought this was the BoT news we are all waiting for.
Me too. When i saw the title i was so happy , i thought it was the new label for BOT and maybe the other album. Maybe who has 85 or more will never see the light of the release. More than 3 years waiting.

The fact that we’re celebrating a decades-old live release with a picture from 2006 and not even a new or unheard live recording is pretty miserable. Just hope this gets out of his system quickly and we can move on to more exciting announcements.
Yeah it's pathetic, but better than the two week Dana Gillespie phase.

Back
Top Bottom