Morrissey Central "YOU KNOW I COULDN’T LAST" (July 26, 2023)

“She had only so much ‘self’ to give. She was dropped by her label after selling 7 million albums for them. She became crazed, yes, but uninteresting, never. She had done nothing wrong. She had proud vulnerability … and there is a certain music industry hatred for singers who don’t ‘fit in’ (this I know only too well), and they are never praised until death - when, finally, they can’t answer back. The cruel playpen of fame gushes with praise for Sinead today … with the usual moronic labels of “icon” and “legend”. You praise her now ONLY because it is too late. You hadn’t the guts to support her when she was alive and she was looking for you. The press will label artists as pests because of what they withhold … and they would call Sinead sad, fat, shocking, insane … oh but not today! Music CEOs who had put on their most charming smile as they refused her for their roster are queuing-up to call her a “feminist icon”, and 15 minute celebrities and goblins from hell and record labels of artificially aroused diversity are squeezing onto Twitter to twitter their jibber-jabber … when it was YOU who talked Sinead into giving up … because she refused to be labelled, and she was degraded, as those few who move the world are always degraded. Why is ANYBODY surprised that Sinead O’Connor is dead? Who cared enough to save Judy Garland, Whitney Houston, Amy Winehouse, Marilyn Monroe, Billie Holiday? Where do you go when death can be the best outcome? Was this music madness worth Sinead’s life? No, it wasn’t. She was a challenge, and she couldn’t be boxed-up, and she had the courage to speak when everyone else stayed safely silent. She was harassed simply for being herself. Her eyes finally closed in search of a soul she could call her own. As always, the lamestreamers miss the ringing point, and with locked jaws they return to the insultingly stupid “icon” and “legend” when last week words far more cruel and dismissive would have done. Tomorrow the fawning fops flip back to their online shitposts and their cosy Cancer Culture and their moral superiority and their obituaries of parroted vomit … all of which will catch you lying on days like today … when Sinead doesn’t need your sterile slop.”

MORRISSEY
26 July, 2023.

full

Related thread:

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Far earlier. I read her autobio just a few months ago. Her mom would have her get naked and lay on the kitchen floor to then beat her with a broom. That was one of the tamer stories she tells of her childhood. She recalled going to every adult asking if they would be her new mom. She confesses trying to run from her childhood and eventually herself.
Well that's f***ing weird

Moz didn't exactly take her up on her offer (oh but he's different from everybody else who just dismissed her!)

Thread 'Sinead O'Connor offers to make a record with Moz via her Facebook' https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...ke-a-record-with-moz-via-her-facebook.137220/
I was thinking the same.
Moz statement is brilliant however it made me think if he ever reached out to her.
I remember that time in FB she wrote on Matt Walker’s post that.
Sinead was crying out for help publicly for a long time when she changed religion, when she was trying to be clean, when she didn’t have a record deal,when she got one, when when her son died..etc etec

Naturally he has found a way to make this about himself.
Sadly, I don't think she could have been helped. She was diagnosed as Bipolar, she got 3 more opinions and then was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. Confusion of the 2 is common or they can co-exist with each other. Borderline is treatable but it requires intense, constant treatment and is at high risk for suicide. It's tragic and incredibly sad, she obviously suffered a great deal. I hope she ia at peace with her son now and maybe that is where she wants to be.

“She had only so much ‘self’ to give. She was dropped by her label after selling 7 million albums for them. She became crazed, yes, but uninteresting, never. She had done nothing wrong. She had proud vulnerability … and there is a certain music industry hatred for singers who don’t ‘fit in’ (this I know only too well), and they are never praised until death - when, finally, they can’t answer back. The cruel playpen of fame gushes with praise for Sinead today … with the usual moronic labels of “icon” and “legend”. You praise her now ONLY because it is too late. You hadn’t the guts to support her when she was alive and she was looking for you. The press will label artists as pests because of what they withhold … and they would call Sinead sad, fat, shocking, insane … oh but not today! Music CEOs who had put on their most charming smile as they refused her for their roster are queuing-up to call her a “feminist icon”, and 15 minute celebrities and goblins from hell and record labels of artificially aroused diversity are squeezing onto Twitter to twitter their jibber-jabber … when it was YOU who talked Sinead into giving up … because she refused to be labelled, and she was degraded, as those few who move the world are always degraded. Why is ANYBODY surprised that Sinead O’Connor is dead? Who cared enough to save Judy Garland, Whitney Houston, Amy Winehouse, Marilyn Monroe, Billie Holiday? Where do you go when death can be the best outcome? Was this music madness worth Sinead’s life? No, it wasn’t. She was a challenge, and she couldn’t be boxed-up, and she had the courage to speak when everyone else stayed safely silent. She was harassed simply for being herself. Her eyes finally closed in search of a soul she could call her own. As always, the lamestreamers miss the ringing point, and with locked jaws they return to the insultingly stupid “icon” and “legend” when last week words far more cruel and dismissive would have done. Tomorrow the fawning fops flip back to their online shitposts and their cosy Cancer Culture and their moral superiority and their obituaries of parroted vomit … all of which will catch you lying on days like today … when Sinead doesn’t need your sterile slop.”

MORRISSEY
26 July, 2023.

full

Related thread:

Maybe mozz was on the whiskey last night

“Sinead….. me me me me me!!!!!!!!!”

Media starts:

MORRISSEY RIPS ‘INSULTINGLY STUPID’ SINEAD O’CONNOR COVERAGE

Morrissey Rips Sinead O’Connor Tributes: “You Hadn’t the Guts to Support Her When She Was Alive”

Added to OP.
FWD.

Media starts:

MORRISSEY RIPS ‘INSULTINGLY STUPID’ SINEAD O’CONNOR COVERAGE

Morrissey Rips Sinead O’Connor Tributes: “You Hadn’t the Guts to Support Her When She Was Alive”

Added to OP.
FWD.
May we remark that M collaborated with Miley Cyrus, a young female singer who called Sinéad "Crazy" 10 years ago, whereas Sinéad had kindly written a text, asking Miley Cyrus to be careful with nudity, adding that music industry uses beautiful young female singers as products...

That said, Sinéad lost a 17 year old child last year, this was unbearable after everything she had experienced. There are no words.

From a quick Twitter trawl this morning, over 95% of the posts mentioning Morrissey's comments (and there are a lot of them) are along the lines of: "I cannot f***ing believe that Morrissey is right, for once" etc etc etc.

What
It looks like Moz was also right about Kevin Spacey. Acquitted today on all charges in the UK.
Not directly relevant to this thread but it shows how often Moz says something (e.g. defending Spacey) and is ultimately proven right a few years later.
What I find amazing is how the press were quick to jump on Spacey’s trials but a measly side dish of ‘acquitted, all ok’ as if nothing ever happened.

Back
Top Bottom