Morrissey Central "YOU KNOW I CANNOT LAST" (December 19, 2023)

Morrissey live 2023, photographs by Ryan Lowry

image.jpeg

0-10.jpeg

0-12.jpeg

0-1.jpeg

0-13.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sixty Five is not old for most mortals. Maybe it is for Morrissey. It's certainly young as far as performers go these days. You've got Mick and Keith, both now eighty, out there recording and touring. I was blessed to see the legendary Ray Price live twice, , he was 93 at the time and he was funny, engaging and in fine voice. Age is just a number, not an excuse to explain away your repeated inability to be there for your long suffering fans when the curtain rises
Brilliant.

Sixty Five is not old for most mortals. Maybe it is for Morrissey. It's certainly young as far as performers go these days. You've got Mick and Keith, both now eighty, out there recording and touring. I was blessed to see the legendary Ray Price live twice, , he was 93 at the time and he was funny, engaging and in fine voice.

Age is just a number, not an excuse to explain away your repeated inability to be there for your long suffering fans when the curtain rises

Yes. But, I don’t think Morrissey has used his age as an excuse for canceling shows. Well, not yet.

He'll be playing the Tupelo State Fair in a wheelchair before he retires. (Same setlist of course.)

He'll be playing the Tupelo State Fair in a wheelchair before he retires. (Same setlist of course.)
The peerless Willie Nelson now performs his concerts sitting down, smoking a few tons of weed over decades does a job on the lungs. I wouldn't mind Morrissey in a wheelchair if it meant a f***ing NEW and surprised filled setlist.

Sixty Five is not old for most mortals. Maybe it is for Morrissey. It's certainly young as far as performers go these days. You've got Mick and Keith, both now eighty, out there recording and touring. I was blessed to see the legendary Ray Price live twice, , he was 93 at the time and he was funny, engaging and in fine voice. Age is just a number, not an excuse to explain away your repeated inability to be there for your long suffering fans when the curtain rises
It has nothing to do with his age. He's canceled shows like this his entire career and has seldom offered an explanation.

It has nothing to do with his age. He's canceled shows like this his entire career and has seldom offered an explanation.
Exactly. Nothing at all to do with age, he was a self absorbed piece of human garbage decades ago. Morrissey was just 32 the first time he cancelled a show on me. Lo did I not know that he would cancel on me another six times in the future with ZERO sign of regret or even the basest attempt at an apology.

Depeche Mode and Elvis Costello are both touring, separately. Dave Gahan is 61 and used to do a lot of drugs, he's had a lot of overdoses and a heart attack along with other health problems. Elvis Costello is 69. DM play about 25 songs a night, EC plays about 30. I don't think either have canceled a show on these tours. There isn't any excuse for Morrissey.

It's like he saying appreciate me while you've got me, don't hold me accountable for anything, just adore me while I'm still here. Grotesque, self-absorbed statement.

Exactly. OMD recently released their new album Bauhaus Staircase and it's their best since mid 80's Dazzle Ships. It's the best album of 2023 in my exalted opinion. Best album of 2022 was Suede's Autofiction.

Their first four albums are great and have aged very well and with their last 2 they are finally getting the respect they deserve, i play them more now than i did when i was a wide eyed 13 year old. Top band.

The peerless Willie Nelson now performs his concerts sitting down, smoking a few tons of weed over decades does a job on the lungs. I wouldn't mind Morrissey in a wheelchair if it meant a f***ing NEW and surprised filled setlist.
princes last tour was a him sitting at a piano,they said he had a bad back,think we all know the real reason,he died a while later due to drug abuse.

YATQ promoter - Morrissey, tickets aren’t going well for the upcomong gigs, can you do a bit of promotion. Morrissey - nah f*** that, I’ll put some cryptic note about retiring on MC, that will get the gullible fools buying.

Depeche Mode and Elvis Costello are both touring, separately. Dave Gahan is 61 and used to do a lot of drugs, he's had a lot of overdoses and a heart attack along with other health problems. Elvis Costello is 69. DM play about 25 songs a night, EC plays about 30. I don't think either have canceled a show on these tours. There isn't any excuse for Morrissey.
Costello actually cancelled a show in Edinburgh last year just so he could watch the Champions League final.

Costello actually cancelled a show in Edinburgh last year just so he could watch the Champions League final.
I said this tour, that was not this tour. But he did cancel and he gave the reason, he didn't lie or hide or blame anyone else. Are you seriously comparing 1 cancelation in May 2022 to the f***ery Morrissey pulls? Thank God we have you here to set things straight. :lbf:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom