TTY: The Bullfighter Dies - single

If you are a feminist, I wonder what you and Kewpie think of this Surface individual referring to RB as a c***? In (at least) America, this is the most offensive word you can use to describe a woman. It is like using the "n" word to describe a black person. And if he does have a wife and four daughters, how, at the very least..troubling..it is that he doesn't see the absolute hurtful nature of using this word. I wonder how he would feel if heard his wife or one of his daughter's being called this. Maybe in England it is different, and I am against mostly all moderation, but personal, abusive attacks shouldn't have a place here.

Just my tuppance as I'm online right now. For some people c*** is super offensive, for others it's just another swear word with no connotations whatsoever. c***, twat, cock, dick, it all adds up to the same thing when you call someone one of those. They're being a c***/twat/cock/dick.

I've only ever seen c*** used in the way people are talking about here in Saturday Night Fever.

Edit: I've just read that post back and it seems like it could be offensive but it's genuinely not meant to be. Just throwing it out there that swear words are just part of everyday language and are now throwaway rather than used with malice with a meaning attached to the actual word.

Last edited:
Surface I only post on here so what have you exactly done to discredit me ?
Disappointed.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Nothing, you are mentioned on another site by a poster on that site. Other sites reference posters on here regarding their attitude toward Morrissey.

Last edited:
Just my tuppance as I'm online right now. For some people c*** is super offensive, for others it's just another swear word with no connotations whatsoever. c***, twat, cock, dick, it all adds up to the same thing when you call someone one of those. They're being a c***/twat/cock/dick.

I've only ever seen c*** used in the way people are talking about here in Saturday Night Fever.

Edit: I've just read that post back and it seems like it could be offensive but it's genuinely not meant to be. Just throwing it out there that swear words are just part of everyday language and are now throwaway rather than used with malice with a meaning attached to the actual word.

Correct, In the UK it is used in various conversations, sometimes its intentionally used as a nasty comment and sometimes its used in a friendly way, its used a lot in the building trade in the UK.

Correct, In the UK it is used in various conversations, sometimes its intentionally used as a nasty comment and sometimes its used in a friendly way, its used a lot in the building trade in the UK.

OK...just a heads up then that it just the c*** word directed at a woman that is a problem here. Maybe you could refrain from using that...other than that I enjoy reading your posts.

OK...just a heads up then that it just the c*** word directed at a woman that is a problem here. Maybe you could refrain from using that...other than that I enjoy reading your posts.

Ok point taken, I will refrain from using the word toward her going forward.

Edit: I've just read that post back and it seems like it could be offensive but it's genuinely not meant to be. Just throwing it out there that swear words are just part of everyday language and are now throw away rather than used with malice with a meaning attached to the actual word.

It must be interesting watching an American movie like SNF from a British perspective. Like us watching Monty Python. Some things get lost in translation. I pray to God and all things holy that this movie is not how all Americans are judged...we would be doomed! :D

Personally I don't think The Bullfighter dies is one of the stronger songs on the album, I prefer Staircase at the University, would have loved that to have been released.

I agree.

I like the song but it sounds like a B side. The guitars needed to be mixed louder. You can barely hear them but you can still hear the sound of the pick against the strings which is weird.

here is the problem:
benny and rb were mentioned negatively on racist blog. this is a badge of honor for both of them.
not so much someone who references the racist blog as backing their position. all you have to do is add one plus one to get two.

And you know this because...........................? As has been previously stated by others I think it just comes down to your personal tolerance of the word. Do you get offended if someone calls you a cock? I don't but that's just me.

And you know this because...........................? As has been previously stated by others I think it just comes down to your personal tolerance of the word. Do you get offended if someone calls you a cock? I don't but that's just me.

LOL. not surprised.

by the way now that we know that you all think insults are sooooo cool, why would you object to moz being insulted?

Re: TTY: The Bullfighter Dies / single

I don't think I've seen quite so many hideous colours on one small sleeve. It reminds me of that time I vomitted some pea soup :sick:

SPM/TTY mentions a French version of 'One of our Own', yet the reverse sleeve lists 'Scandinavia', "mixed by Joe Chiccarelli".

I seem to recall there was a 'French version' of 'Scandinavia' listed somewhere as a b-side to one of that series of singles that was mooted/pre-ordered at one point.

Or am I mental?

No, you're not mental:

image.jpg

Per the excellent intl_playboy Twitter/Tumblr.

All were available for pre-order on Amazon.fr

LOL. not surprised.

by the way now that we know that you all think insults are sooooo cool, why would you object to moz being insulted?

Depends on what the 'insult' is. How do you define it? I thought for instance the linking of that paedo blog on this front page was pretty insulting. One-word insults for some reason don't seem to bother me. Cock, c***, wanker don't really move my dial, maybe they move yours. For instance when I read that years ago that Gary Day had (allegedly) carved the words 'die wanker' into Moz's front door I found that pretty funny, vandalism aside. Maybe he should've sent him a postcard instead :lbf:

The only thing missing from this thread is a cervix...
Only on here would an unreleased record discussion turn in to a gynaecological raft of adjectives.
Sigh.
FWD

No, you're not mental:

View attachment 33643

Per the excellent intl_playboy Twitter/Tumblr.

All were available for pre-order on Amazon.fr

So "French Mixes" exist of One Of Our Own, Scandinavia, Smiler With Knife and Art-Hounds...

I wonder if the version of Art-Hounds is more like the first (and only) live rendition we heard?

So "French Mixes" exist of One Of Our Own, Scandinavia, Smiler With Knife and Art-Hounds...

I wonder if the version of Art-Hounds is more like the first (and only) live rendition we heard?

What makes them French Mixes per se? The entire album was recorded in France wasn't it?

I'm just asking rhetorically because it's a strange definition. Plus, why French mixes of deluxe disc songs and Smiler With Knife?

In other news I never got a refund from that Swedish site for those 7 inch vinyls that were never to materialise.

Last edited:
The only thing missing from this thread is a cervix...
Only on here would an unreleased record discussion turn in to a gynaecological raft of adjectives.
Sigh.
FWD
Yep...

There's another forum that I recently started to visit (not Moz related) and I often find myself shocked at how well conversation flows there. People actually stay on topic and act civil towards one another...Wow! Imagine that!

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom