TTY: Hooray! Hooray! as 'bullfighting' dies ...

I note Billy Bragg being constructive and taking part in debate once again on the B B C Question time politics show.
For someone so outspoken and with a lot to say on how the world should behave why does Steven constantly decline their invitation to get his message across ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher

We can only hope that an end to subsidies will end
this barbaric torture.

As ever this thread has been hijacked by a relentless moron
that people in here constantly subsidise by responding to his petty, pitiful posts.

"HUGE VICTORY! European Parliament Votes to End Subsidies for Bullfighting"

"Hooray! Hooray!"

Huh?

I don't understand.

Each time you vote you support the process, right?

So democracy is a good thing as long as you get what you want? But it's a bad thing when you have to pay taxes?

Morrissey's political views are confusing.

"Hooray! Hooray!"

Huh?

I don't understand.

So democracy is a good thing as long as you get what you want? But it's a bad thing when you have to pay taxes?

That's why he spends so much time in the lovely tax haven of Lausanne, Switzerland.

Anyone who relies on Morrissey for political guidance should be handcuffed to a radiator on election day.

"Hooray! Hooray!"

Huh?

I don't understand.

yes the song was supposed to have you question what many people think of as there only way to change things when its not. its not supposed to be a declaration of the absolute evil of voting.

And people say that songs can't change to world. Think again. Great job Moz!

Of course it is ONLY because of his song right?NOBODY else was supporting this cause.The reason this was posted on TTY is so he can grab attention.Its a shame that someone tried to gain notoriety on behalf of exploited creatures.I am sure not all of the people who are against bullfighting listen to Morrissey.

We can only hope that an end to subsidies will end
this barbaric torture.

As ever this thread has been hijacked by a relentless moron
that people in here constantly subsidise by responding to his petty, pitiful posts.

Vegan Cro hijacking seems to be his/hers raison d'etre just put on ignore.

yes the song was supposed to have you question what many people think of as there only way to change things when its not. its not supposed to be a declaration of the absolute evil of voting.
I don't know, "each time you vote, you support the process" with "the process" being outlined as systemic corruption and the political unrest that happens as a result, seems like a definitive condemnation of voting to me. The implication is that as long as we vote we are tacitly supporting that corruption, so voting is bad. Morrissey has also expressed similar opinions in interviews. He hasn't outright said that voting is "evil," but he certainly doesn't give the impression that he supports it. So Eric Hartman makes a decent point.

As far as the bullfighting news is concerned, it's great to hear, but there is not much in the way of evidence to suggest Morrissey had a direct influence on the outcome of this vote. He's raised awareness of the cruelty of bullfighting, which is commendable, but public opinion of bullfighting in Spain has grown increasingly negative in recent years (as briefly noted in the PETA article) independent of Morrissey's proselytizing; this seemed like an inevitability with or without Morrissey's songs or statements.

Last edited:
I don't know, "each time you vote, you support the process" with "the process" being outlined as systemic corruption and the political unrest that happens as a result, seems like a definitive condemnation of voting to me. The implication is that as long as we vote we are tacitly supporting that corruption, so voting is bad. Morrissey has also expressed similar opinions in interviews. He hasn't outright said that voting is "evil," but he certainly doesn't give the impression that he supports it. So Eric Hartman makes a decent point.

As far as the bullfighting news is concerned, it's great to hear, but there is not much in the way of evidence to suggest Morrissey had a direct influence on the outcome of his vote. He's raised awareness of the cruelty of bullfighting, which is commendable, but public opinion of bullfighting in Spain has grown increasingly negative in recent years (as briefly noted in the PETA article) independent of Morrissey's proselytizing; this seemed like an inevitability with or without Morrissey's songs or statements.

I agree. The Chinese are well on the way to be the World's economic/military superpower. No bad for a subspecies!.

"Hooray! Hooray!"

Huh?

I don't understand.

'Huh? ' ? the song must be...about voting not changing the process of making a change in this world through political candidates/the political system (as we know it)... Seems we just vote for the lesser of the two evils.

Did M say in the song anything about 'taxes' ? I don't think so. (wrong/EDIT: Detritus kindly pointed out my folly,My apologies to all)And yes democracy is a good thing for EVERYONE if it get's us what we want(which rarely does) without causing harm to others(more or less,though that's not always possible it seems in this world).:straightface:

Last edited:
[/B]

I agree. The Chinese are well on the way to be the World's economic/military superpower. No bad for a subspecies!.

Well I wouldn't call the Chinese a 'subspecies'. BUT any 'human' who harm's other living creatures/beings...can ONLY be considered a 'subspecies'. And to gain ...any kind of power over others through violence mental or physical regardless of race or what country one is from,then yes they are...SUBHUMAN. Though all our hands are bloodied,And just to be alive on this rotten planet one is guilty of ALL crimes of so called 'humanity' past,present...and future. THERE'S NO ESCAPE... even with Valium.

Last edited:
Well I wouldn't call the Chinese a 'subspecies'.

Quite right. But Morrissey did in an interview with the Guardian newspaper.

"Did you see the thing on the news about their treatment of animals and animal welfare? Absolutely horrific. You can't help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies."

[/B]

That's why he spends so much time in the lovely tax haven of Lausanne, Switzerland.

Anyone who relies on Morrissey for political guidance should be handcuffed to a radiator on election day.

in auto he states he pays his band a thousand dollars a show. it must be up to 1oo1 by now. he is notoriously cheap.
mozbotting peaks during tax time in lausanne. he probably stares in horror at paying a couple of quid in taxes.

He lives in LA idiot. Stop fantasizing about "tax havens" in Switzerland. It's so strange because it's just not one person who posts this "tax break" shit on this site. It's creepy. Are there any photos posted here of Morrissey in Switzerland eating at an Italian restaurant, leaving a shopping mall, going to a concert? No dumbass, but there sure are a lot of him in LA.

Now all we have to do is stop the mexicans from murdering bulls.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom