Tony Visconti on Morrissey's keen sense of smell

Tony Visconti Will Lie for David Bowie - The New York Times
Interview by ANDREW GOLDMAN
Published: March 29, 2013

Excerpt:

You also produced Morrissey’s 2006 album, “Ringleader of the Tormentors.” Given his demand that meat be nowhere near him, were there practical difficulties?
I’m diabetic. Every day at lunchtime, a vegetarian meal would be waiting, sometimes as bland as linguine and tomato sauce. I told him, “I’ll probably go into a coma if I eat that.” It was delicate. I might have been fired. He said, “You’ll have to sort that out by yourself.” So I ate meat well away from the studio, like miles away, at my hotel. He’s got an incredible sense of smell. He smells meat.

tony_visconti.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Diabetics can go into a coma if their blood sugar is too high or too low.

Protein does need to be consumed with meals, but not too much.

Are you suggesting he should have eaten a plate of pasta because Morrissey is a douche who forces his beliefs on others?

Douches aren't so bad sometimes. They're pretty good for dirty vaginas. :D

You sir, are no lady.

But I got bewbs and everything! :D

I just want to be able to pee standing up. No world peace. No universal compassion. No awareness of a quiet force. I just wanna pee like a real boy. :tears: :p

Diabetics can go into a coma if their blood sugar is too high or too low.

Protein does need to be consumed with meals, but not too much.

Are you suggesting he should have eaten a plate of pasta because Morrissey is a douche who forces his beliefs on others?

Are you suggesting that meat is the only form of protein? Nuts, tofu, and tempeh are excellent sources of protein that do not cause blood sugar spikes. Visconti could have found something other than pasta or meat to eat, or he could have dined somewhere away from Morrissey. If you are not a vegetarian, then you cannot understand how the smell and sight of meat can make someone who is vegetarian/vegan absolutely physically ill. Additionally, it is an ethical philosophy that we live by. It is the equivalent of an ardent pro-life advocate having to sit at the dinner table looking at pictures of aborted fetuses. If you do not abide by the same philosophy, that is fine, but you should still be considerate of others' feelings if you know that your actions could cause great distress. From what was stated in the interview, pasta was what was being offered gratuitously. Maybe Tony should be less of a grabby, cheap c*** and go buy his own food.

Lynnda, People for the Ethical Treatment of Morrissey

But I got bewbs and everything! :D

I just want to be able to pee standing up. No world peace. No universal compassion. No awareness of a quiet force. I just wanna pee like a real boy. :tears: :p

I just wanna pee on a real boy.. and who wants a real boy if you can have one made of wood?... and why does visconti look like a character from Portlandia?.... Sorry, my blood sugar has dropped and I am a vegan so I can't put meat in my mouth, can I borrow some nuts?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom