'That's How People' on the NME stereo!

Maurice E

Every week, NME lists about 5 or 6 songs that they're currently listening to. THPGU makes the list this week!
Whilst they say it's not worth buying the greatest hits for, they are pretty complementary about it.
Seems like they have decided to keep up some kind of pro-Moz agenda despite recent events. Last week they were promoting the live dates..

Every week, NME lists about 5 or 6 songs that they're currently listening to. THPGU makes the list this week!
Whilst they say it's not worth buying the greatest hits for, they are pretty complementary about it.
Seems like they have decided to keep up some kind of pro-Moz agenda despite recent events. Last week they were promoting the live dates..

i wouldnt think that everyone who works at the nme hates morrissey , it could also be percived as a tactical plan to pretend not to hate him by promoting him - remember advertising is where the nme makes its money so if morrissey keeps putting up the full page adverts for live shows etc then they make more money ... cant see him advertising there anymore though

i wouldnt think that everyone who works at the nme hates morrissey , it could also be percived as a tactical plan to pretend not to hate him by promoting him - remember advertising is where the nme makes its money so if morrissey keeps putting up the full page adverts for live shows etc then they make more money ... cant see him advertising there anymore though

Exactly.

Although Morrissey isn't in a position to choose which media/publications to put his ad, I bet he might check the artwork.

I disagree with all three of the above posts. I would comment further but I'm keeping IPC media comments to a minimum.

Here is an article from the sister rag Q today:

http://news.q4music.com/2008/01/track_of_the_day_142.html

how can you disagree ... i dont read the nme anymore , i would buy it at all anymore and i couldnt care less what they write , like you i emailed asking for conner nichols to hand in his notice

all i was saying was that i dont trust the nme's motives for saying anything favourable about morrissey surly you agree with that

Not to be pedantic, but to the best of my knowledge Q is an Emap magazine, and therefore no 'sister' of NME...

darn. beaten to the pedantic comment!
TTBOMK, Uncut and NME are sister publications.
As are Q and Mojo.
Last I heard, Moz was on good terms with Mojo and Word.

Thanks for the Q review.

how can you disagree ... i dont read the nme anymore , i would buy it at all anymore and i couldnt care less what they write , like you i emailed asking for conner nichols to hand in his notice

all i was saying was that i dont trust the nme's motives for saying anything favourable about morrissey surly you agree with that

Good man!

I base my opinion on conversations I've had, what I've read and what I've heard. They may not hate him but they don't like him much and would love to see him fall. The print about him because he sells.

I would trust NME to wipe my arse clean.

Not to be pedantic, but to the best of my knowledge Q is an Emap magazine, and therefore no 'sister' of NME...

I felt I was making an error when posting that but had no time to check, as I was in a rush to go out. I should have. I'll change that to step-sister or bastard cousin then.

If Moz can't bar adverts going into certain publications. Something has gone wrong.

Good man!

I base my opinion on conversations I've had, what I've read and what I've heard. They may not hate him but they don't like him much and would love to see him fall. The print about him because he sells.

I would trust NME to wipe my arse clean.

thats what i said , advertising revenue is a big part of this ... im glad we agree

Back
Top Bottom